Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Please preload the update (fixed)

When ever I type #cls and then go into Consol, all of the Consol goes funny, I can take/show you a screenie if it well help any.
I imagine it's various coloured characters for a few spaces, that's the bug with new #cls I've seen before

Yeah, thats the one.

For me, on the i686 versions, the sound does not work, you get error antilizing sound, but on the "sse2" version the sound does work, it's kinda wierd.

For me, on the i686 versions, the sound does not work, you get error antilizing sound, but on the "sse2" version the sound does work, it's kinda wierd.

So strange, especially that there was NO i686 version included.

As for the error where the sound is not "antilizing", we don't know about that, since there is no such English word or error message.

Ok, here is what I am running,

Compaq Presario

AMD 1.5 ghz

Vision Tek Xtasy 9600xt ATI video card

The problems I have been having since the first update a few weeks ago is, I crash on start up, meaning after I enter my user name and password, hit enter, it crashes. If I retry right after that, it will go through. The second is it crashes on exit. They said it was fixed, so I redown loaded the the update and it does not work for me. I tried down loading the zip on page 1 and replacing what was in my el folder, but that did not help. Please forgive me, I am not a techie, just tell me in plain english what I need to do to fix these problems. I am not afraid to dink around if I have some idea of what I am to do.

Thanks

Tom. :P

So strange, especially that there was NO i686 version included.

As for the error where the sound is not "antilizing", we don't know about that, since there is no such English word or error message.

elc-i686-SSE2 is the full name of it

and the error is : Error initializing sound: Invalid Operation

Sorry for lack of info

Edited by Bleuren

Yes, it's still not totally fixed.

BTW, are you using the Omega drivers?

I wish I could tell, but I looked and can't find what the name of the drivers it is using. It is useing the drivers that came with the video card. Thank you though, for working on it.

When ever I type #cls and then go into Consol, all of the Consol goes funny, I can take/show you a screenie if it well help any.

I just tried #cls on the OS X client (i386), and the game crashed. My crash report lists that reset_soft_breaks generated the problem. I am not sure if this is the same issue as all the other #cls problems, but it might be a place to start looking.

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x000374aa reset_soft_breaks + 555
1   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x00072e12 rewrap_message + 120
2   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x00072f31 find_line_nr + 210
3   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x00028f76 display_console_handler + 128
4   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x00031487 draw_window + 399
5   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x00031581 display_windows + 94
6   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x0002a8db draw_scene + 286
7   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x0004f231 start_rendering + 251
8   com.yourcompany.el_osx		0x0004f43a SDL_main + 47

and the error is : Error initializing sound: Invalid Operation
this is the fun one that I was trying to solve earlier. a client I compiled with extra error checking actually solved it for one of the people who had the issue... mostly. sometimes the sound would die, usually not. fun, eh? learner did get some problems with sound, however, so was taking over checking all that. stay tuned.

actually, details of your (and others with this problem) sound card/chip and drivers (manufacturer, name, version numbers, etc) may help

I just tried #cls on the OS X client (i386), and the game crashed. My crash report lists that reset_soft_breaks generated the problem. I am not sure if this is the same issue as all the other #cls problems, but it might be a place to start looking.
the current problem with #cls is in CVS is that some people don't have the latest version with the pointer being set to NULL. CVS being b0rked means that not all people can get that... and some people it won't update correctly for anyway (eg placid, getting him to manually fix it solved his problem)
The Linux Client is running great. Only found a small offset error in the encyclopedia:
I had a similar one for steel helm, odd that an older page has the error too :devlish:

Found another one: Offset encyclopedia text in Harvesting: Yarrow

ency4bs.th.png

Also I can't reconnect after I grued or got disonnected. I have to close the client and restart.

(For linux that is)