Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Magic Sword Books

I was just wondering if any sort of "balance" had occurred with the magic sword books.

As far as I can tell there are three levels of pricing for the three levels of books:

Generic Swords Construction

40kgc (approximate)

Elemental Sword Construction (Fire, Ice, etc)

20kgc (approximate)

Magic Sword Construction (Iron Sword of Fire, Steel Sword of Magic, etc)

10kgc (approximate)

My question: are the prices mentioned above typical from what everyone has seen? Is there any "normal" pricing for the above categories?

I was just wondering if any sort of "balance" had occurred with the magic sword books.

As far as I can tell there are three levels of pricing for the three levels of books:

40kgc (approximate)

20kgc (approximate)

10kgc (approximate)

My question: are the prices mentioned above typical from what everyone has seen? Is there any "normal" pricing for the above categories?

I have been wondering that myself toolately. Seems theres not yet a good and stable price estabilshed.

I have heard sayings that the price of the magic sword contruction books should be 1/3 of the actual price of te sword.

Now..i dont know..if a serp of fire is 250k on market..the book to make it should be what..80k?

The following should be taken in considderation to determine the price:

The serpstones, enriched essences needed, binding stones needed..and..most important..the costs the person that will make the sword has put in gaining the right manu level!

The prices Ghrae put up here seem reasonable fair to me..altho there could be a diversion in the actuale manufacure books.

Just my opinion, as Queen to our #3 manuer; Crannog ;)

JezeBelle

I payed:

20k ------------------------------------> Special Swords Constr.

21k ------------------------------------> Ice Swords

40k + Iron Broad Sword of Fire ----> Thermal Swords

I sold:

Iron Sword of Fire -------------------> 5k

I payed:

I sold:

Expensive..

I payed:

I sold:

Expensive..

Point of view.

I read 7 new swords books (4 books was free thanks to the guild).

In gc, the balance, is -76k gc

Finally, the word expensive don't exist in the summoner's dictionary ;)

40kgc (approximate)

20kgc (approximate)

10kgc (approximate)

I bought alot of the enchanted sword books I have read as soon as they became available so I spent way more than what alot of others have spent. Now I see two sets of prices that people attempt to sell for. The prices you listed above are the low scale and in my opionion about where they should be. Anymore I won't pay 35k+ to get one of the enchanted sword books (ie. S2E of Thermal) but there are still those that try (not sure if they do sell) to sell them at that price. Book of Thermal Swords is still more expensive than Fire/Ice/Magic books.

Jezebelle is correct in that other factors should be taken into consideration on the pricing of these books, but she left out the most important one in my opinion, the modable. It is the most expensive ingredient in the formula. I have seen a modable S2E sell for 60k, add that to the price of the rest of the ingreds. Then add the associated book(s) for the sword you are trying to make and you wouldn't make a profit buying S2E of Thermal book for 30k.

So my answer is: your prices are where some sell at and where they should be in my opinion. However, there is still a whole other pricing tier that is almost double the prices you listed.

you are so right CelticLady, the modable swords are the big issue here as well.

I bought 2 of em (modable iron swords) for 9k each.

Now..we managed to make 2 fine Iron Swords of Fire from it..but it could easily go wrong!

Jez

Well, I wasn't talking about the manufactured swords. Obviously that is another discussion.

Someone mentioned that the prices I posted were at the low end of the scale.

So how much deviation would cover the full scale? +10%? +20%?

My manufacturing skill is so poor that I'm not interested in making the swords... just reading the books and getting them out of the way. However, it is difficult to know when buying the books what a fair cost is. Many a newb has found a book and willing to sell it. When asked how much he/she is selling it for they don't know. Obviously I don't want to take advantage of them... but I also don't want to grossly overpay.

Well, I wasn't talking about the manufactured swords. Obviously that is another discussion.

Someone mentioned that the prices I posted were at the low end of the scale.

So how much deviation would cover the full scale? +10%? +20%?

My manufacturing skill is so poor that I'm not interested in making the swords... just reading the books and getting them out of the way. However, it is difficult to know when buying the books what a fair cost is. Many a newb has found a book and willing to sell it. When asked how much he/she is selling it for they don't know. Obviously I don't want to take advantage of them... but I also don't want to grossly overpay.

I realise the discussion here is not about the swords, but the books. But, as i mentioned the price IS related to the price of the swords..whetter you can/will/wanna make the swords or not.

Jez

40kgc (approximate)

20kgc (approximate)

10kgc (approximate)

I see those prices reasonable and fair, maybe with +/- 5kgc fluctuation. Overpriced books are too great luxury for poor EL economics IMHO.

I realise the discussion here is not about the swords, but the books. But, as i mentioned the price IS related to the price of the swords..whetter you can/will/wanna make the swords or not.

I have no idea what you mean.

How is the price of the book based on the ingredients of the finished sword? I can see the reverse, where the cost of the finished sword has a fractional upcharge to help pay for the costs of the books. But to suggest the books cost is based on ingredents? :ph34r::o:confused:

I have no idea what you mean.

How is the price of the book based on the ingredients of the finished sword? I can see the reverse, where the cost of the finished sword has a fractional upcharge to help pay for the costs of the books. But to suggest the books cost is based on ingredents? :ph34r::o:confused:

Let me clearafy this:

If you wanna make a sword, you are aware of its value..or should be at least. Based on that, you can decide whetter its worth to buy the books to be able to manufacture it..now..the value of the sword is based on the ingreds and knowledge it requires to make it..and therefor..the ingreds to make a sword..ARE of importance to the determination of the bookprice.

I do realise tho, that some just wanna READ all books ingame (including me, lol) and have no use for them futher coz of low levels..

Still..the price will be the same..

I hope you understand me now..not stating my right, ofcourse..just what I mean ;)

Jez

Either I don't understand or there is a fundamental flaw to your logic.

Let's take Sapphire Mining? Expensive book. Cost of selling raw sapphires on market? 3gc.

Point: no correlation.

Let's now take Gen Ax Construction? Cost approx 12x. Cost of selling Iron Axe? 1500. Steel Axe? 3000. Tit Axe? Finally something more valuable.

But the prices of those items are not based on the book cost and the cost of the book is not based on those items.

Sapphire Mining is based on availability: via NPC unless someone bought too many.

Gen Ax is based on availability: via dangerous monsters, low drop rate.

So, are you suggesting that Steel Long Sword of Magic construction should now deviate and have a cost based on something other than the examples above?

If so, perhaps an explanation of costs. Such as listing the cost of the ingredients of a sword and how those costs determine the book costs.

It sounded at first like the numbers I posted were fairly close to market value but the deviation you presented still has me confused.

Ghrae,

I understand what you are saying..and..I must agree with you. However, thats not what the market says..

Look at the prices of general axe buidling, and the tit steel and iron axe construction books. They all dropped afte a while. At fist tho..they were sky high..

Same will happen to the new books i believe.

Jez