Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scafativ

What makes a good PvP partner?

I'd like some opinions on what skills/attributes come into play when choosing a PvP partner, and how close do they really need to be for decent XP w/o burning through a ton of HE. My questions are:

1) Do you agree that the only factors that are important are a/d/p/c?

2) Are some factor more important to have very close than others?

3) Does the margin increase as the stats get higher? In other words- if your a/d is in the 30s, does your partner have to be within a couple of points, but if they're in the 80s, do you have more leeway?

4) Take 60/60/26/26 as an example- what would a reasonable margin be for a partner.

It seems to me that, as you get higher stats, the match doesn't really have to be all that close.

I appreciate any discussion, opinions or examples.

scafativ

dont pvp when ur below 50-60's imo, cuz then u only pvp newbs, who never have Sr's or armors or no time -_-''

and best pvp partner is some high lvl noob who doesnt care that u r 15 lvls lower as him über exp ;*)

Reliability aswell as a/d/p/c. If they go missing for days at a time or don't play the same hours as you then find someone else, even if they aren't as closely matched.

Has to have a good sense of humor, because pvp can be a drag if your partner doesn't like to talk. Also, must not mind a trip or two to the underworld if I get bored and decide to serp him/her :P

Seriously tho, Bharain and I are a good match for pvp, his def is 2 or 3 lower than mine and he's only 1/2 an attack lvl lower. Our p/c is exactly the same. We get good xp, with minimal sr/he usage.

Not counting personality, a/d/p/c is definitely the most important factor. Hmm as for not pvping below 50-60's, I think it's okay... I remember in those days the troll/ogre spawns were always crowded and I could easily waste half an hour trying to find a spawn, so pvping was a godsend. Hopefully try to find someone who knows what they're doing though -_- (knows when to flee, carries spare armor, has a high enough magic level that restore isn't failing all the time, etc)

I think it's true that the margin increases as your level gets higher... I don't exactly know what a reasonable margin would be for 60/60/26/26 though... Maybe +/- 7 for a/d and +/- 4 for p/c, dunno.