Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
razshady

Having a little trouble downloading the game.

I recently got a new pc and i was gonna download the whole game again, so i downloaded it and went to open the .zip file. so i opned it with winzip and as i clicked 'i agree' my monitor came up with the message:

cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.

So what can i do?

With the current file? Probably nothing. I suspect the download is corrupt. Try downloading from another mirror is the best advice i can give you.

Ok i've managed to extract most of thwe files except 3, so can anyone send me:

gargoyle1.md2

Items 5. bmp

items6.bmp

by email, it would be much appreciated (if you are willing to send me the files pm me and i'll give you my password)

btw ty grum for your help :)

ok i've downloaded it, extracted the files, i clicked el and el has caused an error in [unknown] appears.

Any ideas how to solver it??

No.

where did you place the files i sent you?

items5.bmp and items6.bmp should be in the textures directory, and gargoyle1.md2 in the md2 directory.

What is in error_log.txt other then a complaint about fontv.bmp? Is there any content filtering S/W in place on your system?

erm.. i checked error_log.txt and nothing is written there, that why i posted.

Is there any content filtering S/W in place on your system?

.. come again?

Is there software running on your system that kicks out anything it doesn't like when you download something?

Long shot perhaps, but does the file textures/cursors.bmp exist, and if you try to view it, do you see 12 cursors in a row?

Then I'm out of ideas, sorry. I still *think* one of your files is damaged, but I don't know which one, and it might be something else.

The only advise I can give you ATM is to download the game again, but this time use FlashGet to make sure you download the whole *.zip file without errors.

I wouldn't try to extract the game from a partially damaged *.zip archiv, even if you can extract "some" files.

Since you say it's a new computer, presumably it has a new operating system installed (which OS, by the way?) - have you installed all the latest bug fixes? My suspicion is a problem with video drivers - maybe see what the video controller vendor has on their website.

Another thought - when you got a working zip file, did you first delete the corrupted stuff you had previously received?