Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Who would like to work at a single player game with me?

A few months ago, I started to split the EL engine into a stand alone game platform. I removed all of the EL specific code, and embedded the Small scripting language, and quite a few wrapper functions, so now it is theoretically possible to even make some simplistic quests (nothing really big, but it's a start).

Anyway, I can't do everything by myself, so I was wondering if people would be interested in helping out (right now, programmers).

The goal of this project is to make a RPG creation tool, using the EL engine and the Small scripting language.

Later on, when this is done, I want to make a single player, stand alone RPG.

Some details:

The license will be something more liberal than the EL engine (maybe BSD?)

I want programmers that are good with OpenGL and have some experience with the EL engine.

This is a hobby project, in our spare time. I am still working at EL.

There will be no compensation for this project (the engine will be released for free).

Please let me know if you are itnerested, and ask for more details here. If you are not a programmer, and can not help, please do not post, all off topic posts will be deleted.

Interesting. In theory. the best software-engineering approach would be to derive a shared core, from which the single-player game/toolkit and EL both derive specific functionality. However, I doubt this is feasible on an OS project?

The sound code should work by the way (once it works in EL that is :) )!

I have been considering this, and while I would like to help out I'm currently flat out working on loads of things in EL, and my now 6 weeks behind studies.

I guess feel free to include me but I have no idea how much of a commitment I can make once I work to my current load (starting in a couple of weeks).