Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SiKiK

Guild NPC Bug?

I set some guild buy/sell prices for various items on our NPC Dacia (RICH guild NPC).

She is happy to sell me the items at the guild price, but doens't seem to want to buy anything at the prices i have set? Note - I have not set any other/enemy/ally buy prices as we only want to buy from within the guild atm.

FYI - i am rank 19 (full NPC access) and not antisocial (although i dont think this affects trading with the guild NPC's).

Another guild member who is rank 5 and has antisocial perk has also tried and has the same problem.

Any ideas/thoughts? (is the guild buy function implemented yet?)

Regards

SiKiK

That is a known issue - i talked to Radu once about it, and he said that is something that should be fixed asap. However he did not define how log is "asap". :icon13:

Well, i believe in EL team, so i guess that will be fixed soon. Another very important thing regarding guild NPCs is ability to see some (very simple) list what has been sold today, amount, and to whom...

But let them first fix bugs, later they might try to do this simple list asl well.

Edited by Dejan

That is a known issue - i talked to Radu once about it, and he said that is something that should be fixed asap. However he did not define how log is "asap". :icon13:

Well, i believe in EL team, so i guess that will be fixed soon. Another very important thing regarding guild NPCs is abiliti to see some (very simple) list what has been sold today, amount, and to whom...

But let them first fix bugs, later they might try to do this simple list asl well.

thanks for the info Dejan.

Umm, how many times did I say that NPC buy support (player selling to the NPCs) was NOT there, and we don't know if it will ever be?

If there is enough demand, maybe we will implement it, if not, we won't.

As for the list of what and to who it sold, it's going to be pretty hard to implement.

What I did say I will implement soon was the ability to see what items the NPC has left. But I think this will be implemented after the update.

Our guild owns one of the NPC (Traian) we would like for him to buy certain stuff not much just from our guild members maybe our allies and others depends on our demand. We would like more the other features turned on like the allies and enemy sell. Other than that we are very happy with what we got.

EDIT

What I did say I will implement soon was the ability to see what items the NPC has left. But I think this will be implemented after the update.

This would be nice :evilgrin: cant wait!!!!

Edited by Jamol

Umm, how many times did I say that NPC buy support (player selling to the NPCs) was NOT there, and we don't know if it will ever be?

If there is enough demand, maybe we will implement it, if not, we won't.

As for the list of what and to who it sold, it's going to be pretty hard to implement.

Well it's been over 1.5 years since the above post and several updates. I'd like to re-visit this topic again.

Our guild got a guild NPC on the PK server. It wasn't until we got some stuff donated and prices set that we discovered they still don't work. A NPC that can't buy AND sell (only accepts donations) isn't very useful.

We also really need some sort of a basic inventory command (what items, how many, the buy and sell prices). Having to go item by item trying to buy each thing to see how many are left isn't very user-friendly.

These are both basic functions included in all sales bots (which aren't allowed on the PK server yet) and really should be part of the basic function of a guild NPC.

So would it be possible to finish at least these basic functions in the guild NPC implementation?

You picked one of the worst possible times to ask for this.

It was just to remind you is all.

When we noticed it, we were a bit disappointed after we found this thread. After nearly a couple years, we hope it will be fixed soon :confused: But we understand your mind is on other things (the archery update for example).

When someone can get to it, we'd like those to know there is some interest, especially on pk server which as of this moment has no trade bots. Guild NPC are very useful there. Just seems no point in our view to have one that only sells things, just easier to sell personally.

Umm, I think you do not understand something.

This isn't about FIXING something, it is about implementing it. It's not a few lines of code, it's like 400 lines or so, with the testing and stuff. And given that for the next 3-4 weeks I will be VERY busy with the update, with changing the webserver, with preparing for thousands of new users in a day from the c't thing, and so on, I can not 'fix' it any time soon.

Whenever this is implemented, one observation or check (since my original reading could be wrong...):

On a merchant, you can set a quantity for any item, which related to buy/sell limit. From what I read at the time, it seemed that this was a lower stock limit related to selling; ie, the merchant would only sell the item when their stock was above that level.

Now, there may be uses for this, but after over a year of painstaking stock management on Dacia, we never had any use for it.

However, what would be *essential* when the merchants start buying goods, is an upper stock limit; ie, they won't buy if their stock exceeds this amount. In fact, it would be difficult to run a business through a merchant if their buying was unlimited!

...and a less tedious way to get stock listings from the merchants, while we are here.

...and a fresh cup of tea please.

Edited by trollson

Yes, that's the idea. The upper and lower limits were meant for being used in context of both buy/sell functionality being there. When I get to implementing it, it will be done properly.

You picked one of the worst possible times to ask for this.
Now that we're past client releases things should be calmer. Can we get back to this issue please?

I think the NPCs would be much more useful with just one addition and one small change:

1. Implement guild members being able to sell items to the NPC (yes, I know this isn't trivial).

2. Turn off any menu functions that are not implemented (to reduce confusions/questions).

One more thing would be really nice to have (saves time from checking each individual item):

3. Implement an "inventory" command that lists all items and quantities.

Just #1 and #2 would make a huge difference in usefulness and usability of the guild NPCs.