Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chaoogie

Summon Traps..

well... since i started needing wooden hammers and ants are the fastest way to get them.. an idea came to mind.

Same level required, +10% culm xp but +10 mana cost. As far as ingreds go not sure.. maybe Reg. Summoned ingreds for monster/animal + 3 leathers + 2 threads + 10 damage rings. Something along those lines, but when the bag/trap is made there is only (for example with bears) 1 fur,3 meats and 5 bones.. but you cant add more meat/bones/bear fur, you can add fruits/twigs/a cape..like w/e. if someone does Get all or picks up the meat/bones/fur only. Then they have to fight the summoned bear. but if they just take the xtra stuff the trap wont be set off..

another suggestion would be monsters on pk maps only and animals on non pk maps.

Might make a cool addition after the summon stones and a nice way to start of traps, unless it will be a serperate skill all together. Feed back is welcomed

yes i searched, there was some poison/illusion traps mentioned but ya..summoners :hug:

What would be point of trap? Somebody finds the trap with for example 1 bear fur, 3 meat and 5 bones... He thinks someone has killed bear and left the bag... He picks it up... Then appears bear that kills the guy and summoner gets the drops...

...thats the point of a trap 0.0.... and i for one wouldnt wait around unless its for an ant lol.. and for example i thought of this while i was at the ant shill whilest newbies jumped on the wooden hammers i need..but i wont know..cause well.. they jumped the bag.. 0.-.. plus would be funny to be in an impromp fight

I like this idea. It would add some interesting possibilities for summoning. In extention the traps might be triggered when somebody is close to them (the mines idea Entropy has mentioned once in the past). This would add some nice possibilities for PKing.

mines would be cool idea but might be better if it is a/d restricted.. cause imagine just walking in ws..seeing a garg oooo RUNNNNN and u step on a summoned-mine lol..although would be cool to see in pk with no limitations

I meant mines only for PK areas. In non-PK areas summoned creatures shall not attack players.

lolx the boat at IP would be trapped with Chimmy' s xd ;p

but it's a great idea though :brooding:

Edited by Hardcore

There will be a form of magical land mines, and also a spell or something to be able to see the mines. They will only work in pk maps however I believe.

Mhmm, not hard to imagine that PK map entraces will be overloaded by mines, this should be somehow restricted, otherwise...

But mines are good, I believe it will be in crafting/manufacture skill (or perhaps a combination of both?), and what about non-PK mines, used to kill animals/monster but cannot be set off by player in proximity...?

EDIT: typos

Edited by ThordinElement

what about non-PK mines, used to kill animals/monster but cannot be set off by player in proximity...?

With ranged weapons this would be nice, set traps in a line, stand at one end and shoot at monster at the other end :)