Eternal Lands Official Forums
Maddad

Died young... [SOLVED]

A few months ago in a fit of pique I deleted (as in "killme yes") my bot character, The_Bard. Having reconsidered, I'd like to try to put it back in the game. I re-created my Maddad character (also deleted previously - I was in a really bad mood at the time) successfully but when I tried to re-create The_Bard it said I had recently created another character from this address and had to wait five minutes. Fair enough. I waited five minutes and tried again, and it said this name is already taken. I tried logging in using the same password I entered when I tried to re-create the bot the first time, and I get a password error.

I'm not asking for anyone to retrieve the password, but I do have a couple of questions:

1) When re-creating a previously deleted character, must the password be the same? I don't recall what The_Bard's original password was.

2) Is it possible to tell when a character was created? It occurs to me that someone else may be using that name, in which case I'll find another.

Dave

Edited by Derin

A few months ago in a fit of pique I deleted (as in "killme yes") my bot character, The_Bard. Having reconsidered, I'd like to try to put it back in the game. I re-created my Maddad character (also deleted previously - I was in a really bad mood at the time) successfully but when I tried to re-create The_Bard it said I had recently created another character from this address and had to wait five minutes. Fair enough. I waited five minutes and tried again, and it said this name is already taken. I tried logging in using the same password I entered when I tried to re-create the bot the first time, and I get a password error.

I'm not asking for anyone to retrieve the password, but I do have a couple of questions:

1) When re-creating a previously deleted character, must the password be the same? I don't recall what The_Bard's original password was.

2) Is it possible to tell when a character was created? It occurs to me that someone else may be using that name, in which case I'll find another.

Dave

1) No

2) No, but this char is definetly not used http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/vie...p?user=the_bard

Looks like you messed it up while recreating that account.

Piper

Dave

1) No

2) No, but this char is definetly not used http://eternal-lands.solexine.fr/~radu/vie...p?user=the_bard

Piper

Actually, someone else probably made a character called The_Bard after he killed it.

Piper

Piper,

Maybe I messed it up when I ran into the five-minute rule.

Rats, that bot was already approved. That's what I get for doing something rash, I suppose.

Thanks for your help.

Dave