Eternal Lands Official Forums
sputnix

Bounty on baldi

That's all I have to offer at the moment, as I said it may increase. If the offer isn't sweet enough I'll raise it later. But remember, you also get the satsifaction of taking out someone who has done this many times before and will continue to do so.

EL needs it's scammers, bagjumpers, and oppurtunist pkers, or the game would get boring, and people would leave by level 20. There can never be peace in EL. You need villans to balance it

Technically he is not breaking game rules (although i think there is a post elsewhere where he lured a noob into pk...but proof would need to be provided).

As it stands now I think most people put out a Guild message warning when he is seen lurking at spawns..and if I see him I tell those that I see fighting nearby to be cautious..

The best punishment for these types is to just refuse to trade/deal with them,,,,, pk him at every opportunity ...and generally give them a hard time (While staying within game rules yourself....so no abusive pm..chat etc,).

When they get a real bad name they either dissapear (Legolas?) or change their approach to game and turn over a new leaf..(even though that may take a long time..as mud tends to stick)..

I agree, in this game, in real life, there are good guys and bad guys. Lets take advantage of the situation and see where people stand, and what they want to do about it. Maybe they agree with him, maybe I'm the bad guy for turning it into a big deal. That's why I am putting a reward on his head. I am hireing EL G-men to counter the baldi style mafia. Support one, support the other, a little contraversy never hurt anyone.

I just tried to announce on ch 3 that I was seeking to make a deal with people for the PK of baldi. I was immediatly muted and told not to annouce this on the channel even though I had made the same announcement twice earlier in the day. My question is this, I was trying to make a deal, to buy peoples services, what other channel should this go on?

I just tried to announce on ch 3 that I was seeking to make a deal with people for the PK of baldi. I was immediatly muted and told not to annouce this on the channel even though I had made the same announcement twice earlier in the day. My question is this, I was trying to make a deal, to buy peoples services, what other channel should this go on?

The market channel is for in-game items only. That is no doubt why you were warned. You may want to try #jc 4, or hang out around VotD or look for some of the fighters in game to do a job for you.

Thats a low bounty... ;) i guess 2k gold + and EFE will be fine and yet if u r gonna be mad when u die 2

tips for you

1)Dont enter places that are not safe.

2)Even if ull enter(such dumbness to do but...) then bring dis rings 1 dis ring and a cheap teleport ring will help...

Quick question

This guy Badi has been reported many a time (whoppee)

But the people doing most of the posts are newbies

Is this not a direct violation of rule #3?

Owing to no proof etc I understand that the hands are tied and notice a lot of mods have posted on here

(I love it when they all get together,,,means you got their attention ;))

And I also agree with most o what has been said

This is more for a clarification for myself

There used to be a rule no luring newbies into pk areas (couldnt find it in the explanations as they have gotten very pc which I guess is a safety)

Anyways I would love to have this cleared up if any of you could help it would be much appreciated

:)

Cheers

Dragonstriker

I must have missed where he said he was led into PK map and killed.

Many a newbie goes to PK maps either b/c they don't read or b/c they believe they won't be killed. There is no scamming if they go there voluntarily.

I see nothing in your post that says:

1. What your ingame name is, and how long you've been playing (newbie qualification or not)

2. Nothing that says what baldi did to scam you to get you into that pk map.

3. No chatlogs or anything to back up your claims.

4. You also have 10 seconds to turn around and leave the pk map before anybody can attack you.

Read my other post "I have met the king coward...". I refer to it in the first post ot this thread.

I did. Nothing there answers those issues either.

alright

1. My name is QuanZu

2. I was training magic so I had my fast regen cape on. He PMed to come to him, I did. He told me to follow him. I don't know what to think, but I trusted him. Maybe he wanted to trade with me or show me something, I didn't know. He walked into a PK area in Nordcarn. I didn't not know it was a PK area. He did not ask to train, he did not tell me it was PK. He stated to attack me. I stayed alive because I had a few health ess on my, but he killed me easily. Then I PM ed him as I said in the other post.

3. No I dont have a chatlog. I don't know to cut and past it. I wish I did.

4. That time must have passed quickly because it didn't seem like that. But it woudn't have mattered anyway since I didn't know it was PK thus didn't know I was in danger. So if I stood there for 10 sec, I am sure I was waiting to see what he had to say.

I should add to point 1

Since you asked about my stats, I don't hide them I am proud to say I just made overall 37. I never turm my stats off. So no I am not a newbie, but I am realtivly new as I said in to other post. But I made those levels in a short time. I have a mac so you know that I couldn't have been here that long. I would say I have been here about a month. I made those levels fast because I love this game.

I do want to add one more thing. I honestly appreciate what the mods do and understand the difficulty of thier job. I am glad to have received claification as to what the they can and can not do in-game. I am not asking for them to solve the problem for me. I want to keep this game fun, I want to keep the problem in-game and I want to solve it in a roleplaying way. So I will keep the announcements on ch4 or in the forum, and once the bounty is met I will stop. If there is a prblem with this, let me know now. I don't want to get booted, or get on the bad side of the mods than I already am. Thank you.

You say you didnt know it was a PK map...but in every one that you walk into a warning pops up on your screen as soon as you near it/step into it.......

OMG!!! there has been to many things on him....he tried to scam my friend in a pk like that but i was called for backup....lol got EXC MM cloak and serp (who carries 2 cloaks lol) anyway thught hed stop after that but apparently not...sorry i couldnt help enough.

~sabrael

The EXC and MM cape is frequent combo when mining emeralds in Naralik, maybe he just forgot to put them in storage... :inquisitive:

I don't how to make you believe me that I didn't know. Why would I walk into it if I knew it was PK?

My time so far in this game has been almost completely about learning the skills that don't involve fighting. I fight to get meat to do manu, and skins to summon, and thats it. I have invested most of my PP in nexuses. So fighting, PK, pvp has not been part of the game for me. I just find doing to other skills more fun. The only time I go into Nordcarn is to gather hides in the N side. I have been inside the city walls once, and honestly did not even know there was a pvp in the city. I do plan to start fighting pvp so I can learn where the places are and to improve my skills.

Yes there is a message, but maybe I was looking at him to see what he was going to do, maybe I was looking at my second moniter, maybe I was looking the forum in my browser. It's not that hard to miss a message once in while.

Yes there is a message, but maybe I was looking at him to see what he was going to do, maybe I was looking at my second moniter, maybe I was looking the forum in my browser. It's not that hard to miss a message once in while.

But what else can be done? If warning did not warn you properly, what would? The warning is there for a good reason...

I'm certainly not asking for the game to be changed. The warning is fine. I was just answering the questions about how I missed it.