Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VitalSpark

im new

What is the best way to make money when i just started? I been harvesting flower and selling em for .50 gold to flower shop and i have 1.5k gold, what kind of armor//weapon is best to get with this gold? Oh and pls give me any other advice for starter.

I would suggest getting armor. Most likely leather, and not some of the advanced ones. If you wish to become a fighter that is. With that armour training becomes much easier, and you can sustain more damage yet with more expriance.

If you wish to learn trade skills I would suggest to go buy books, and practice the earlier forms of that skill.

Keep harvesting/selling and get 2.9k ( I think ) for an Excavator Cloak , with this cloak you harvest twice as fast, and easy to get your money back.

Most likely leather, and not some of the advanced ones
actually, for someone interested in fighting a lot, I'd recommend going to steel chain(w/ steel sheild, iron helm, and leather pants/boots... total cost about 1.5k), it's not that much more expensive, but it's more useful (but not up to tit chain or plate armour, that stuff is far more expensive to repair/replace if something goes wrong)

but then, I'd also say that it'll be a while before fighting turns really profitable, so harvesting (with exc cape) and making essences for the market is a good way to spend part of your time (the PP you get from this will help for any desired proffesion)

Keep harvesting/selling and get 2.9k ( I think ) for an Excavator Cloak , with this cloak you harvest twice as fast, and easy to get your money back.

yes go for the exc cape

in other threads, we're talking about how to save the economy, and harvesting for money is 1 of the things contributing to the ruin of it. i don't think that teaching the new ppl the bad habits we've all picked up is the best way to help even if the economy IS so broken that harvesting is the best way to make money in the game.

Edited by DemonCowboy

As SmoomS said, buy the exc cloak to harvest faster.

Also make fire essence and sell to the magic shop because you will get experience at the same time. Or, if you get bored with that, make reasoning potions and sell them to Mira. There are lots of ways to make money ingame with NPC help.

As for armor, stick with leather for everything for now. Padded leather armor torso, helm, pants and boots are perfect for your current needs.

Final advice, while ingame type: #jc 1 for newbie channel help. ;)

PS DemonCowboy, harvesting isn't ruining the economy but I think you are just against it since you are anti-social but wait, you have slaves to help you trade, buy and sell with NPC. :)

PS DemonCowboy, harvesting isn't ruining the economy but I think you are just against it since you are anti-social but wait, you have slaves to help you trade, buy and sell with NPC. :)

wow i didn't know some1 could be wrong 3 times in 1 scentance - gook job ;)

1)yes it is ruining the economy, being too easy to make money and being part of the reason that lead to the current situation the economy is in (they closed off the wrong taps) even now any newbie that wanted to waste the time could make 1mil gc just by hauling flowers in VOTD.

2) even b4 i was anti-social i harvested for money 1ce and thought it was so stupid that some1 of the level i was at was harvesting b4 i #reset that the antisocial perk was nothing

3) i own 1 alt char and that was just to see how i'd look as an elf b4 i paid the $5 to change. and it hasn't been logged in since. my last 25k came from ttlanhil - they got a good discount on bars, just ask them. NPCs are a waste of my time because they're too easy to exploit. the only use i have for them is spirit essences, mercury, and PoFs and my guildmates are kind enough to get them for me because of the kickbacks they get from them. like earlier for example, i got 100 PoFs and the ingredients to make 1 of them 120BRs for a god quest and they said it was a good deal.

antisocial is nothing and i can thrive in this broken economy even w/ it. my whole peeve is that i simply want it to make sense - or this game will NEVER make it out of beta.

Demoncowboy, your post is offtopic. But since you posted I will say one thing.. you contradict yourself too much. You should better file your posts so you can keep up with what you have said. BTW, its not so easy to earn 1mil gc harvesting flowers and once again, having money is not the downfall of the economy. Players don't have enough gold as it is. Not many will sit 8 hours a day, 7 days a week at their computer doing nothing else except harvesting flowers for 2-3 months until they have 1mil in gold coins. Give me a smeging break!! If they did this, then so what??? Personally, I would find it extremely boring to the point of insanity but that's their choice and please stop making it look like its so damn easy when its not. ;):P:P If we had more gold in the game, people would buy more in the first place. I certainly would. :)

Edited by Savyl

Demoncowboy, your post is offtopic. But since you posted I will say one thing.. you contradict yourself too much. You should better file your posts so you can keep up with what you have said. BTW, its not so easy to earn 1mil gc harvesting flowers and once again, having money is not the downfall of the economy. Players don't have enough gold as it is. Not many will sit 8 hours a day, 7 days a week at their computer doing nothing else except harvesting flowers for 2-3 months until they have 1mil in gold coins. Give me a smeging break!! If they did this, then so what??? Personally, I would find it extremely boring to the point of insanity but that's their choice and please stop making it look like its so damn easy when its not. ;):P:P If we had more gold in the game, people would buy more in the first place. I certainly would. :)

i've never contradicted myself if u'r referring to the multiplay that u accused me of maybe u should read that post again after getting u'r eyes checked. i said i was against multiplay. get u'r facts straight.

u'r failing to see that it's not the ammount of money in the game but how it's gotten that's affecting the economy, the last fix was back-asswards and needs to b correcte now. u could have more money after the economy was put to rights and u could do it w/o harvesting - u could anyway if u applied u'rself. if it's not easy for u maybe u should actually look at the game and not just the PL lupine bush. :)

i've never contradicted myself if u'r referring to the multiplay that u accused me of maybe u should read that post again after getting u'r eyes checked. i said i was against multiplay. get u'r facts straight.

u'r failing to see that it's not the ammount of money in the game but how it's gotten that's affecting the economy, the last fix was back-asswards and needs to b correcte now. u could have more money after the economy was put to rights and u could do it w/o harvesting - u could anyway if u applied u'rself. if it's not easy for u maybe u should actually look at the game and not just the PL lupine bush. ;)

I don't spend time at the PL lupine bush. I barely play as it is. Some days I play a little, some I don't. My char is mainly ingame pretty much like I have MSN or Yahoo or AIM open. I've played the game long enough to comprehend the fluctuating dynamics of the EL economy. How long have you played where you feel you have the experience to make such an acidine comment as "the last fix was back-asswords and needs to be corrected now"? Don't even bother to answer because you are just feeding off of the controversy like some psi vamp. As you said before in that big thread of yours about grammar, you like pushing buttons because its a game.

Game over.

I don't know how much economics you have learned DemonCowboy, bit I, as a noob informatics student, know the following:

If you increase the amount of money in an economy, it will increase the demand (how surprising!), which will eventually lead to overdemand (which is usually the case in RL capitalist economies, and a small amount of overdemand helps the economy increase, because it increases supply in time), and it leads to inflation. In EL howewer, there is overproduction, and thus deflation (remember the serp prices dropping from 20K to 5K?). And harvesting flowers, or selling anything to NPC-s put money into the game. Since there are many money sinks, and monsters don't drop too much money, it's the only way to sustain the necessary amount of money in the game. And with the increasing number of players, this "necessary" amount also increases. So harvesting flowers is asolutely not ruining the game.

On the other hand, causing overdemand is also not a good way to help the EL economy, because it would not only lead to inflation, but would cause every noob to have the best equipment in the game. This would be good for manuers, but not for the rest of the community. So increasing the demand like mad is not the way of solving the economic problem, and it's really hard to tell what would give the necessary balance. Maybe that the higher level stuff you make, the more money you can earn. And harving flowers should be a way to earn money.

But I think that's going very offtopic, and there are many other topics about the economic problem in EL.

I helped VitalSpark after his post.

I think he's not a new player for several reasons.

Funny to read all this.

Blodoks

Thx alot for the help, i am new, i read alot on the help? botton and i been playing alot of mmorpg and they all are very similar(like money making/fighting) so i catch up very fast. Its funny how i learn to start making money, i got off the newb island and saw some blue flower and started harvesting, i walk around and saw a flower shop so i sold my flower and decided to make money off harvesting flower, i actually went around harvesting each type of flower to sell and see which flower would give me most gold. ;)

Edited by VitalSpark