Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Elkonai

Laudinii

Guest Elkonai

I died in Nordcarn, just inside the southern wall, dropping my iron chain mail, quarterstaff, and meat. When I got back there, I saw someone wearing an iron chain and wielding a quarterstaff, but didn't catch the name. Strange coincidence if it was one, so I followed and saw it was Laudinii. By the time I caught up with him, we were outside Nordcarn storage. I asked if he found a bag with a quarterstaff and iron chain. He didn't respond and after a second, went into Storage. I followed, and saw him remove both chain and staff (presumably putting them in storage). I asked again, and he said he didn't have them. I told him I saw him wearing a chain & staff, and he claimed they were his all along.

If they were his all along, why did he run straight from where I lost mine to storage and remove his equipment and store them? That's one heck of a coincidence. Laudinii is a bagjumper, watch out for him.

Bag jumpers :P I can buy you new stuff if you need it when I get home later today. I dont have the game downloaded on this computer. Pm me later if so

Edited by LoneWolfStrider

I died in Nordcarn

Ok, case closed. Fact is all this person did wrong is lie about finsing them, if he did find them

Heres the deal- TAKING DEATHBAGS IS NOT BAGJUMPING. You die, you lose your stuff more often than not, and you deal with it.

Therefore he is NOT bagjumper, he had a lucky find. congratulations Laudinii

edit- Just for the record HEU, I am NOT a bagjumper, and have wasted a lot of time in game trying to return high value items, I'm simply stating that having deathbags returned is a luxery we enjoy. Its not a right

:)

Edited by Fox Lupine

I died in Nordcarn

Ok, case closed. Fact is all this person did wrong is lie about finsing them, if he did find them

Heres the deal- TAKING DEATHBAGS IS NOT BAGJUMPING. You die, you lose your stuff more often than not, and you deal with it.

lol?

looks like we have another bagjumper here

edit- Just for the record HEU, I am NOT a bagjumper, and have wasted a lot of time in game trying to return high value items, I'm simply stating that having deathbags returned is a luxery we enjoy. Its not a right

:icon13:

if you die, and someone takes it, that's bagjumping. WTF do you think bagjumping is otherwise? No one bagtrades any more because of the storage system...and not very many people use bags during manu any more because of the storage system as well...so what does bagjumping mean to you ? :)

Bagjumping mean to me? it dosn;t mean coming across a bag, with noone in site, and calmly taking your time to investigate and maybe take the contents

JUMP- to spring/ leap

BAGJump- to Spring/leap onto a bag before the owner has the chance to react and proceed to steal it

THATS what bagjumping means to me- and yes, we don't manu in bags anymore. We have storage trade now, so surely bagjump posts should all have cleaned up? disapeered into the ether so to speak?

I don't know laudinii, but he found a bag, he took the contents. For all he knew, however unlikely, some guy could have left them there on purpose. I know thats 1000000 to 1, but its always possible.

It was a deathbag. You die, you lose stuff

Bagjumping is taking ANY bag that you have not generated yourself by either dropping stuff or by killing something/someone. Bagjumping is theft plain and simple, and 'theft by finding' is still an offence in UK law.

Bagjumping is taking ANY bag that you have not generated yourself by either dropping stuff or by killing something/someone. Bagjumping is theft plain and simple, and 'theft by finding' is still an offence in UK law.

By that do you mean that bagjumping is also taking animal stuff from abandoned bags which some1 left because he/she doesn't need them? :P

Nonsence... An I agree with fox lupine, taking db is also not bagjumping but "win on a lottery" :devlish:

Only thing i consider bagjumping is stealing harvested stuff from bags which ppl use while muling or when they hit tele nexus...or w/e...

If you die, u loose stuff...plain and simple - and don't expect the stuff back, but be happy that u were lucky that u got it back

(EDIT: added somethings)

Edited by skodarap

If you are a nice and honourable guy, you will try to return other's lost stuff. If you don't, you are a thief, no matter what names you give it. It is the decision of the majority of the community. If you want to belong there, you will return deathbags. If not, you belong to outlaws.

Right- so what about when we were all newbies? I'm sure we found things that we kept. you never know, someone MIGHT have dropped it! shock horror!

Maybe thuis means I should report every second player I know in outlaws, hmm?

How can you POSSIBBLY steal something if it is in noones possesion? answer me that.

And most will agree that you lose things for a reason. There is SUPPOSED to be a risk to dying, and its something you are supposed to try to avoid!

And you know what? 'Nice and honorable guys' might have too much to do to bother trying to return a bag. Even nice and honorable guys have their own stuff to get on with. So iof i find a deathbag but am too busy to help, does that make me an outlaw?

Right, formally requesting that someone makes a post about me then, as though I have never bagjumped, I attempt to return deathbags, and I have never scammed, I can remember a few occasions on which I've been too busy. Clearly this takes away all the niceness and honor I have

Aaaa, foxlupine is now in the outlaw ranks XD

unwriten rule

come across a bag that has better items than a bone meat (more thn 3) and furs

wait 12 mins ...advertise thye stuff inside on 4 (possibly 3 as there seems to be a lot on there)(even though it's off topic)

12 mins and no sign bag poofs gear is yours (you keep the bag alive obviously) most will reward you honour

technically it is not bagjumping yes it is not jumping on a bag

but it is still finding a bag of stuff that is not yours

guess what I find other peoples cars down the road with keys in

doesnt mean I jump in them and take it

lol

much the same as getting a bag full of stuff someone owned it

I agree you die you lose stuff

and it is not a right to get it back

but it is an unwritten thing in the game

treat others as you would like to be treated

unwriten rule

come across a bag that has better items than a bone meat (more thn 3) and furs

wait 12 mins ...advertise thye stuff inside on 4 (possibly 3 as there seems to be a lot on there)(even though it's off topic)

12 mins and no sign bag poofs gear is yours (you keep the bag alive obviously) most will reward you honour

technically it is not bagjumping yes it is not jumping on a bag

Well, u still taking someone else stuff, so you're stealing again (if i understood some of the previous posts)...

but anyway - if you don't try to return the stuff and just ignore the bag(not taking it)? what are u than?

I would love it if Bagjumpers walked past my bag and NEVER touched it at all!!! Please do that. It would be awesome. I always come back for my shiz. Theres no Doubt about that. But I am not that Lucky and someone drops their emeralds they were mining in my DB and steal all my armor and even my wine! I dont give a flying f*** how busy someone is. You take my shiz. I will do everything I can to get you. It is just not a nice thing to do to take something you KNOW someone will come back for!

How can anyone be so busy not to return DB? In the name of Thor, can't you wait few minutes, guarding the bag? (If someone on the street fall due to heart-attack, would you not help him, because you're too busy?) And this is a game, there is nothing here, that cannot be postponed for a few minutes. Those fire essences won't burn up and the needle won't dull either :wub: But it is up to everyone, this is only my personal suggestion.

Usually if I find a DB, I announce it on channels and wait a few minutes, and then leave the bag alone, if there is no answer. If someone loses expensive stuff, they are probably experienced players, who will come back for it. If noobs lose their stuff, and they don't know that it is in a bag there, and don't read the channels, and won't come back, that really doesn't matter, they usually don't carry anything that I would need.

I died in Nordcarn

:D

lmfao noob, learn what bagjump means plx

LOL .... I would like to congratulate Fox Lupine on her/his self admittance to being a bagjumper...

If she/he does not consider stealing the stuff dropped by somebody killed by a monster/animal as bagjumping then I dont know what he thinks.. So if you accidently click a bear..and fox lupine is nearby..say goodbye to your stuff..

As for your line about finding a DB but being too busy to help.... I recon you would not be too busy to take what you want from the bag....The more you talk the furthur you shove that foot in your mouth....

Edit.. Maybe you should take the time (if you are not TOO busy that is)... to read some of the past posts in outlaws regarding bagjumpers...and see how the majority of the EL community reacts to them.. And it is still jumping/springing/whatever on a bag regardless if anybody is there to see it or not.

Edited by SharkBite

LOL .... I would like to congratulate Fox Lupine on her/his self admittance to being a bagjumper...

If she/he does not consider stealing the stuff dropped by somebody killed by a monster/animal as bagjumping then I dont know what he thinks.. So if you accidently click a bear..and fox lupine is nearby..say goodbye to your stuff..

As for your line about finding a DB but being too busy to help.... I recon you would not be too busy to take what you want from the bag....The more you talk the furthur you shove that foot in your mouth....

Edit.. Maybe you should take the time (if you are not TOO busy that is)... to read some of the past posts in outlaws regarding bagjumpers...and see how the majority of the EL community reacts to them.. And it is still jumping/springing/whatever on a bag regardless if anybody is there to see it or not

I'd like to congratulate Sharkbite on his narrow minded attempt to twist my words weith all the skill of a 6 year old boy. I CLEARLY said I am not a bagjumper. I think my record on trying to find the rightful owner of an ex cape was THREE DAY. I've posted on HERE before to find owners of things.

You know what? thats right. If i'm too busy to advertise a bag, it dosn;t nessercderily mean I'm too busy to take an item...thats one click right? But I DON'T!. if I'm too busy, I leave it, pure and simple, so the person still has a chance to get it back.

Its a goddamned DEATHBAG! if that is indeed the veiw of the communty I feel the community has a fewe issues to sort out. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A RISK ASSOCIATED WITH DYING. ITS DEATH FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

And sharkbite- shoving my foot in my mouth? make saure you know you're talking to a bagjumper before sprouting all that crap, alright?

Probably banned from forums for this- but go to hell. And when you do, and I advertise for your deathbag, i wonder if you'll have the freaking pride to admit its yours?...well, maybe its the pride to admit you were wrong about a person

GET YOUR GODDAMNED FACTS RIGHT!

...oh..and for the record its he ;)

Edited by Fox Lupine

Hello there...

Right My name is LemonStar, You may of heard of me may have not, guild leader of IC, foxies guild. First of I would like to say that this thread has degraded into a flame war, rather than a notice of a bagjumper as it stated at the start.

I have known fox for a long time and he has always been coutrious and respectful and it is IC policy to return deathbags whenever it is possiable. Usually posting on chan 1,3, 4 (yeah ppl get annoyed at off topic but you get the most people) and either waiting around or taking the bag and Pm'ing them if you know who it is. If I come across A random bag, then I advertise. If I see a death message then I pm them and tell them I have their bag and ask where they would like to meet. I know that foxy does the same. And as he says if he is busy (which isn't a great excuse I know) then he LEAVES the bag for the owner to find. Admitadly you could say this is aiding another bag jumper but I have had it many a time when my bag has been left alone ready for me to return to it.

So enough of the flaming, let us carry on in peace.

BAGJump- to Spring/leap onto a bag before the owner has the chance to react and proceed to steal it

Ok, I'm coming from Underworld, so wait.

THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A RISK ASSOCIATED WITH DYING. ITS DEATH FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

Yes, there is a risk. Bagjumpers.

My oppinion, clear and simple.

EOF

If you find a bag near a monster spawn and you take it, thats bagjumping. I seriously don't understand what else could possible qualify as bagjumping nowadays, except maybe jumping on a guild bag somewhere.

Edited by Atlantis

Edit.. Maybe you should take the time (if you are not TOO busy that is)... to read some of the past posts in outlaws regarding bagjumpers...and see how the majority of the EL community reacts to them.. And it is still jumping/springing/whatever on a bag regardless if anybody is there to see it or not

I'd like to congratulate Sharkbite on his narrow minded attempt to twist my words weith all the skill of a 6 year old boy. I CLEARLY said I am not a bagjumper. I think my record on trying to find the rightful owner of an ex cape was THREE DAY. I've posted on HERE before to find owners of things.

You know what? thats right. If i'm too busy to advertise a bag, it dosn;t nessercderily mean I'm too busy to take an item...thats one click right? But I DON'T!. if I'm too busy, I leave it, pure and simple, so the person still has a chance to get it back.

Its a goddamned DEATHBAG! if that is indeed the veiw of the communty I feel the community has a fewe issues to sort out. THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A RISK ASSOCIATED WITH DYING. ITS DEATH FOR CHRISTS SAKE!

And sharkbite- shoving my foot in my mouth? make saure you know you're talking to a bagjumper before sprouting all that crap, alright?

Probably banned from forums for this- but go to hell. And when you do, and I advertise for your deathbag, i wonder if you'll have the freaking pride to admit its yours?...well, maybe its the pride to admit you were wrong about a person

GET YOUR GODDAMNED FACTS RIGHT!

...oh..and for the record its he ;)

Wait, I don't get it. So you're a bag jumper too? And don't call him a six year old, he at least spelled the majority of his post right.