Eternal Lands Official Forums

Rules are announced, there are even a translations of them.

The "i didn't know" is not an excuse.

Rules are announced, there are even a translations of them.

The "i didn't know" is not an excuse.

I believe I stated the excuse wasn't legitimate, already. That fact hasn't stopped people from using it, has it?

If they want to make fools of themselves they can use ficus plant, cat, brother, sister, grandma, grandpa's gold fish as an excuse. The punishment is always there.

There is no chance to get rid off completely of lame, stupid and most ridiculous excuses. This is typical for mankind - to find somebody else to blame - not to say "Yes, it's my fault. I'm sorry."

If they stop using "I didn't know" they will start using "It's not listed in the rule no. (let's say 13) that you can't spam at <here put any place>" or similar.

To get rid off of the excuses we would have to get rid off of all players (or at least 90%).

When the quiz might be a good idea is, as I said in one of my prior posts, after being ruled. Question is - would it work? Would it change a thing? Some will answer the question and after while do the same. What will be an excuse then? "I didn't know"!

Regards

Vanyel

If some answer the quiz right, then cause problems, why wait for an excuse? Just boot and be done.

If this stops more people than now, who would come in with only the thought of causing problems, wouldn't that be a good thing?

for what it's worth, I just changed the start rules window (wait 15sec to continue, etc) so that you have to go to the bottom of the page as well as wait the 15sec. it's not an uncommon practice, and people will probably still not read them, but you at least force them to realise there's more than one page worth of rules

not that I expect that many people will read them, but at least they have to realise there's more rules, which is one arguement I've seen a few times

note: this is a client change, that won't take effect until people update... for most people, that will mean next client version

Couldn't it be like, you create a char, and for the first hour of playing, you get quizzed every 15 mins, with the option to choose your language for the quiz ( same for the rules screen)?

Couldn't it be like, you create a char, and for the first hour of playing, you get quizzed every 15 mins, with the option to choose your language for the quiz ( same for the rules screen)?

if u were starting ur very first character and were getting interrupted every 15min, what impression would that give u?, would you want to stay? i think alot of ppl would get sick of that fast. i believe that if a quiz was implimented, it would have to be right after u supposedly read the rules, and then maybe again on a RANDOM logon - or when a minor infraction is made.

maybe another option is when you click that you agree to the rules have a confirmation window that states there will be no excuses of ignorance, and no warnings given. then asking "are you SURE you know the rules and agree to them?". then, when they click yes, it's confirmed that they have no right to complain if they break a rule. because they knew and agreed not only 1ce but TWICE.

Edited by DemonCowboy

I said that I don't like the idea of making a quiz in game with every map change. Neither I like the idea of making a quiz every 15 minutes.

Longer I think about the rules quiz worse the idea seems to me. It will only add some programming work and won't change a bloody thing. Poor statement, but... unfortunately it's true:(

Vanyel