Eternal Lands Official Forums
ShYne

Connection Problems

I'd seriously think about switching ISPs.

Second time this year, that the core route from uk to fr is down without notice. I think it was 2 hours last time and if they keep it up at this rate, they gonna be paying so many restitution fees to their customers and peers, they'll be bankrupt by the end of the year.

You do realize that this kind of problems, where some routers go down happen every day on the Internet, right?

anyone know the story of what happened to the full blood aboriginals in tasmainia?

BTW real life still sucks....... please let there be EL

Cairns Australia here

To set the record straight.. I can't connect either just like everyone else.. thought people would see through my sarcasm/joke.

-slicedice.

So if you see someone hit by a car, on the street, still alive, and when you see the ambulance coming you tell them: "Oh, he is just drunk, he is faking, go away", you think it's funny?

To set the record straight.. I can't connect either just like everyone else.. thought people would see through my sarcasm/joke.

Psst.. just so you know, Ent tends to get a little stressed when there are issues with the server, or the connection.

I'd suggest treading carefully in future. ;-)

Its all good Entropy,

We all know its not your fault, or Eternal Lands, well atleast those of us technically minded, to: Run a tracert to the game server...

BTW this game pwns even WoW, with their 3 hr wait to get to logging in/char select 90% of the time.

-slicedice.

So if you see someone hit by a car, on the street, still alive, and when you see the ambulance coming you tell them: "Oh, he is just drunk, he is faking, go away", you think it's funny?

Um no I administer emergency first aid until the ambulance gets there, then step back and let the ambo's take over.

EL on the other hand is a game.

I've already apologised, and you won't see me trying to be funny again in the future.

Psst.. just so you know, Ent tends to get a little stressed when there are issues with the server, or the connection.

I'd suggest treading carefully in future. ;-)

*Hisss*

I woke up a coupla hours ago and was just about to dive into EL and do whatever. Oh well :omg:

(Warning Spoilers ahead)

Its like the ending to the Truman show...everyone can now go read a book.

Im not connected :omg:

Did that happen to anyone else?

You do realize that if this is BS you will get banned, right?

No I didn't realise that. I posted it as a joke because everyone was just being funny and posting jokes.

My apologies, I really did not realise it would offend anyone.

Feel free to delete the post if you think it will cause any distruption.

-slicedice.

Slice; when you have experienced all the rollbacks, items wipes, stat wipes, char wipes and crashes I and many with me have lived through, you wouldnt be making jokes like that, trust me!

Plus that 'jokes' like that can scare ppl away from this World, even without knowing about the 'joking' part of your post, plus it can cause extra stress by the devs and owners of our World..and you dont want that to happen..now, do you..? ^^

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

entropy do you know when abouts the server will be back up?

Ben: "no one knows if the server is still up or not", The problem seems to lie with a route somewhere between above.net I think and The server (UK Above net).

(well it got past Uk Above net now, but died at the Fr.above.net part) hmm

Edited by Maybe123

Slice; when you have experienced all the rollbacks, items wipes, stat wipes, char wipes and crashes I and many with me have lived through, you wouldnt be making jokes like that, trust me!

Plus that 'jokes'like that can scare ppl away from this World, even without knowing about the 'joking' part of your post, plus is can cause extra stress by the devs and owners of our World..and you dont want that to happen..now, do you..? ^^

Jez

That's fair enough. Trust me I know what you're talking about, it's happened to me a couple times over my past 13 odd years of mudding. Either way, I thought it was a fairly minor flippant joke. But I've taken note of the response and will adjust any further humour accordingly to fall in line with the EL audience.

Hopefully atleast the other aussies reading this understood the humour.

-Slicedice.

Edited by slicedice

Hey..whats all these new tv shows??

What happened to seinfeld?? and Frasier??

...and The Little House On The Prairy? ^^....

Jez

-Slicedice.

I understood the Humour Slice, :) but as they say it is a "global audience" I guess you say, so there could be youngsters here, ahhh to be young again, but thats another story, anyways atlest above.net seem to be doing something, I am progressively getting further trace's :blink: so hopefully not long now hehe

-Slicedice.

I understood the Humour Slice, :) but as they say it is a "global audience" I guess you say, so there could be youngsters here, ahhh to be young again, but thats another story, anyways atlest above.net seem to be doing something, I am progressively getting further trace's :blink: so hopefully not long now hehe

Maybe123... By you mentioning "there could be youngsters here" I take it you thought I was replying to being told off for posting that joke about the pope?

Those previous msgs were referring to my earlier msg/joke about being able to connect and having lost skills..

No one was offended by the pope joke :)

Thanks for your support though :) heh.

lol slicedice. maybe even better thans wessicas trouble understanding the flushing part on the ohter side of the world....

Hah yeah I'm still going to record a little video of my toilet flush for wessica :)

-slicedice)\

Hey..whats all these new tv shows??

What happened to seinfeld?? and Frasier??

...and The Little House On The Prairy? ^^....

Jez

color TV, great i didn't know that was there already .........