Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest stalag

Ring of power

Guest stalag

Ring of power: 1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage

I guess stone of binding will be around 1k and ring of damage about 50,60 so ring of power will become a standard for every pk fighter which will make COL almost an obligation for serious pk.... what u think?

I guess stone of binding will be around 1k and ring of damage about 50,60 so ring of power will become a standard for every pk fighter which will make COL almost an obligation for serious pk.... what u think?

With cool down, maybe you time to use 1-2 before you win or have to flee. Won't be really a big deal. COL have made thermal serps an obligation for serious pk. :D

If a Ring of power is about 12-15k and a ring of damage is about 50-60gc shouldn't a Binding Stone be more like 10K+?

If a Ring of power is about 12-15k and a ring of damage is about 50-60gc shouldn't a Binding Stone be more like 10K+?

You have to consider what the OTHER formulas that use the binding stone do its price as well.

10 srs + 1 biding stone = extra mana potion.

200 + ? = 300.

Following this you get a binding stone price of 100gp.

Since there seems to be quite a few binding stones out there, sustaining the 12k price for ROP seems unlikely.

Guest stalag

biding stone is not a rare item but an uncommon one cuz the probability seems (is) much higher then of a rostogol; price will drop a lot.

Unfortunately those crowns break so fast. I broke 2 in 5 minutes on the test server.

I dont know for sure but it seems COL has a 1/10.000 probability to break which is kind of odd how it seems to break so much...

You have to consider what the OTHER formulas that use the binding stone do its price as well.

10 srs + 1 biding stone = extra mana potion.

200 + ? = 300.

Following this you get a binding stone price of 100gp.

Since there seems to be quite a few binding stones out there, sustaining the 12k price for ROP seems unlikely.

I find it hard to believe that with the low find rate of binding stones people will be using them for the potions, not unless they start becoming far more common. Which throws the cost back towards the 12k scheme (although I do see a slow regression of price due to more commonality of RoP. Probably setteling at about 8k in the next 2-3 weeks and eventually leveling at about 4-5k long term if there is no change in find rate or better purpose for Binding stones)

Well the probobility of finding a Binding stone is about the same if not higher as serp stone i want to know more exactly what the proablity is but if its serp stone or lower the price for ROP Could and proably will drop even below 4k 1.1-2.2k might even drop to that because before ROP was like the ROST of craft...

Still just a estimated guess ......

-Mid

PS. I have no idea what you speak of "low rate" I have seen some one get one everyday but the rate might need to be tweaked to more/Less often findings but ROP for 12k has to go that is for sure,i mean why 10 ring for 50 damage eh 5 ring + that rare binding stone should be enough binding the power of the 5 rings makes much more since.

I find it hard to believe that with the low find rate of binding stones people will be using them for the potions, not unless they start becoming far more common.

Or if the potions get improved, maybe like the restore spell?

let's see, I can never tell why people say the serp stone is more common - I've actually had more rostogals harvesting than serp stones...

Good point guys.

I guess we will have to alter the formula a little, add some other ingredients to make it more expensive to make rings of power.

The other two items formulas are OK, the stones are relatively rare, about 100 of them since they were implemented, a few days ago. The average is about 40/day, which seems resonable.

let's see, I can never tell why people say the serp stone is more common - I've actually had more rostogals harvesting than serp stones...

Agreed, so far I've gotten several Rostogal Stones, one Binding Stone, one Enrichment stone...and not a single Serpent Stone...not to mention I've only seen one Serpent Stone be found in my 8 months playing the game.

Keep training until you get trolls and up. They drop like crazy.

I guess stone of binding will be around 1k and ring of damage about 50,60

I'd guess RoD value will go up since the demand will be higher and people won't need to make thousands in the hope of a RoP so the supply will reduce. I'd say around 100gc each.

KK, how about this:

Ring of power: 1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 50 death essences, 50 magic essences ?

I'd like to see more RoD to try to rejuvinate the crafting market, maybe 20.

Edited by Bharain

KK, how about this:

Ring of power: 1 stone of binding, 10 rings of damage, 50 death essences, 50 magic essences ?

While this combination makes some sense, I worry that the ingredients aren't hard to get. Many crafters have hundreds, if not 1000s of damage rings stored up (in efforts to make a RoP by chance). Death Essences and Magic Essences would only cost 1000gc max (if purchased on market).

I wonder if combining with another rare item might help increase the value for both rare items and at the same time limit possible over production. Something like Serp Stones (not that rare) or Ro Stones (if you go this route than a *slight* increase in find rate may be needed due to the already popular use for them).

Just some thoughts...

Well, there are not THAT many rare stones, and we might adjust the ratio down a little (making them more rare).

If they are so rare i don't see anyone making extra mana/heal pots with them no matter what the RoP recipe is. Since people need lots and lots of SRs the extra mana pots are the side effect whereas with RoD being next to useless the RoP is the aim, the RoD the side effect.

With the introduction of these recipes people will still be making SRs as much as they were before but i would predict far less RoD will be made.

I guess what i'm saying is that unless the recipe for RoP costs 20k it'll still be far better to make the RoP and save yourself the huge losses involved making thousands of RoD than make the mana/heal pots you'll get making SRs/BRs you'd make anyway.

Edited by Bharain

Perhaps adding an enriched magic essence to the formula would make it suffciently more expensive to make a Ring of Power. Current market price for for EME is 10k. With ROP market price of 15k, that leaves enough room for a decent price on binding stones and for crafters profit.

This profit margin is a lot less than profit than ROP produced the old fashioned way, but there will be many more made using the binding stone formula.

What are the EMEs used for currently?

nothing.

I like the EME idea, it'd make the RoP back into something you get while making something you need again.

EDIT: although this would depend on how the enrichment stone recipes are. I'd still like a few more RoD in there :P

Edited by Bharain