Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New feature coming soon

Perminant sortage on-map is a strongly needed feature. But why call it "hyperspace bags" and "keys"? Isnt this buried treasure? (shovels & maps). Ho hum.

If by "perminent" you mean "permanent" and by sortage you mean "storage", ub every map, then dream on, it's not going to happen.

I accept the typos, but I was refering to the hyper bags as the strongly needed permanent storage. Unless there is a finite lifetime on them that I have missed?

Edited by trollson

Do these bags exist in normal space ie. if i drop a bag in the same location as a hyperspace bag what would happen if:

would my droped bag dissapear?

would the hyperspace dissapear?

would the droped items go to the hyperspace bag?

would the hyperspace items go into a new normal bag?

or to put it another way to they both stored in the same layer, they really should be seperate or we could just bag spam to find the location of these new bags.

I accept the typos, but I was refering to the hyper bags as the strongly needed permanent storage. Unless there is a finite lifetime on them that I have missed?

Well, they have a limited storage capacity (10 different items only) and they are not secure because anyone can get them.

Other than that, I guess they could qualify as a permanent on map storage.

Do these bags exist in normal space ie. if i drop a bag in the same location as a hyperspace bag what would happen if:

would my droped bag dissapear?

would the hyperspace dissapear?

would the droped items go to the hyperspace bag?

would the hyperspace items go into a new normal bag?

or to put it another way to they both stored in the same layer, they really should be seperate or we could just bag spam to find the location of these new bags.

Or you could read my original post.

Well, they have a limited storage capacity (10 different items only) and they are not secure because anyone can get them.

Other than that, I guess they could qualify as a permanent on map storage.

And I suppose it would be a bit expensive to unlock and lock it all the time.

Maybe a third magical item could be something that would automaticly put your death bag into hyperspace when you die. Would give someone some automatic protection for there death bag, but not 100%.

interesting idea, but can we please get a way for the magic and summoning people to make a buck on their skills (outside of hiring out their services that is) next?

Edited by duran

Maybe a third magical item could be something that would automaticly put your death bag into hyperspace when you die. Would give someone some automatic protection for there death bag, but not 100%.

Arrrrrgh it isn't supposed to be easy to get your deathbag back! :rolleyes::D:D

Who said it would be easy? Anyone that saw you die, and had a key on them (maybe the person the PKed you), would know right where the bag was. And how often do you remember the EXACT location you died? This would also IMHO dramaticly increase the demand for the keys.

Edited by rom4

Who said it would be easy? Anyone that saw you die, and had a key on them (maybe the person the PKed you), would know right where the bag was. And how often do you remember the EXACT location you died? This would also IMHO dramaticly increase the demand for the keys.

I pretty much know exactly where I die, and who wouldn't spend say 500 gc for keys to save 40k worth of plate armour...and nobody else would see the bag...sorry, WAY too easy.

We have the rostogol stones for that.

Yes, and they are a great thing to have in the game. They are also very rare, and very expensive. This could be something that is manufactorable, cheap (by compairison), but not 100%. Someone that sees you die (and thus knows right where the bag is), just has to have a key to take your bag.

I pretty much know exactly where I die, and who wouldn't spend say 500 gc for keys to save 40k worth of plate armour...and nobody else would see the bag...sorry, WAY too easy.

If you die attacking a monster, you would proably get your db back most of the time with this idea. In a PK situation, if this was available in the game, I would imagine most PKers carrying keys around at all times, so the can get the spoils of there attack regardless of someone having there db put into hyperspace or not.

The item that put the db into hyperspace, could say involve a EFE in the manufactor formula (making it not so cheap, but still cheaper than a rost, and at the same time increasing EFE demand). Keys to unlock the bags would also be in high demand as a result.

This would make training with monsters very safe..

I hadn't quite considered that effect. The item cost would have to be high enough to discorrage this, while not so high that someone would just use a rost instead, while still it's presence in the game having enough of an effect on item demand, to have the positive effect on the market that I was hoping for when I suggested the idea.

hmm, why do i get the image of someone running around with a metal detector looking for hyperspace bags?

And why do I think the ants will be the ones running around with metal detectors?

Learner has proven it: those stupid stubborn little buggers already beat a lot of ugly monsters, just because they take their time and don't sleep.

Stupid design always beats clever design.

Note to Learner: don't make the ants more complex. The simpler they are, the better they perform.

i would suggest 500gc per key or 250 for one 500 for the other, better outflow and crafters can have a little more change in their pockets

750gc much less 1k for a invisible bag that you could eaisly lose and can much eaiserly just make a normal bag and refresh em bag watch ect without wasting major gc 100gc each for 200gc total i think i should be there price or it will rarely be used at all.

-Mid

:) ??? wat the..

How would u send ur DB into hyper space if you your dead that makes no sence and it woulb make fighting Mons safe? how can u save ur stuff if u r DEAD im sure i missed a post fill me in eh...?

W00T!

Bag drop contests without a time limit.

THAT sounds great :icon13:

Piper

UH OH people i just realized...The hole in pipers pocket...will become alot bigger......STICH IT UP ALREADY. ^_^

What if you make special keys that cost like 2k-5k and you can password the hyperspace bag when you send it into hyperspace? They could be like enriched essences maybe. Just a thought.

By the way, I think this is an awesome idea! :icon13:

What if you make special keys that cost like 2k-5k and you can password the hyperspace bag when you send it into hyperspace? They could be like enriched essences maybe. Just a thought.

By the way, I think this is an awesome idea! :icon13:

Password protect? You're going way beyond what Entropy wants to add and some risk is needed! That also means people wont be storing their bags in crowded areas, but will probably go off and do it in secret or unusal places.

this sounds like a great idea! The only thing that worries me is the release date :P

Then again, it is all pretty much thought out and i suppose we can try it out on the test server first :)

Password protect? You're going way beyond what Entropy wants to add and some risk is needed! That also means people wont be storing their bags in crowded areas, but will probably go off and do it in secret or unusal places.

Hmm. thats very interesting..

I like this idea a lot, but for one thing. Woundn't these bags make it easier to trade with multichars?