Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
roos

Finding out value of your items

Cool, thanks very much for the price info sbarstow :D

Good to hear you're richer than you thought Nidan :D That's a cool program you wrote, sounds like it'd be really useful for finding out how much money you make per hour. You can find that out too with ELCounter, but not very easily.

NPC prices for wrong "format" ring/medallion books:

Sun Medallion Building 1000

Stars Medallion Building 1500

Unicorn Medallion Building 3000

Desert Pines Ring Building 1500

Ring Of Damage Building 5000

Naralik Ring Building 1500

WhiteStone Ring Building 2000

Disengagement Ring Building 10000

Seems that the program can't read the book entry if it is the "wrong" format, like "book of damage ring" has to be "Ring Of Damage Building"

Edited by Derin

Hi Derin! Thanks very much for the corrected book names. I had a really tough time with that because some books have "book of" and some don't, and wasn't sure how to find out other than running to all the NPCs and buying every book in the game, lol.

Yes, you can output it into a text file if you run the program from the command prompt (as opposed to double clicking the program icon from windows explorer). To do it you type something like this:

ELCounter > somefile.txt

Edit: While i'm at it, just gonna post some prices that chaoogie told me so I don't forget:

diss ring build is about 2k-3k

gem sanders are 10gc each

enriched magic ess is 8kgc

enriched life ess 2kgc

ring of power 10kgc

damage ring build 2k-3k

human fight is 3kgc

Edited by roos

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Ring Mold' - 200 gc

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Skunk fur'

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Polar Bear Fur' - same as bear fur?

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Polished Emerald'

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Book of Humans Fighting'

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Medallion Mold' - 280 gc

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Polished Ruby'

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Enriched Life Essence'

Uh oh! Could not find price for 'Enriched Magic Essence'

Just so you can get the names right

Edited by Derin

Sweet, thanks a lot Derin, that is a huge help!

Still trying to track down correct names/prices, will post an update when it's done. (some day :ph34r:)

Oh? That's odd, i just tried it and it does give me the total sum:

"Value of inventory is ..."

Not too sure why it would work differently for you... the " > something.txt" isn't something i programmed, it's just a standard feature of the command line that takes anything written to the console and puts it into a file. Hrmm, dunno, if i find anything i'll fix it in the next update :D

If you do the: ELCounter > somefile.txt you don't get the total sum.

Any ideas?

When you did that, you should have *all* of the output from the command in the file. Did anything appear on the screen? If so, there is a problem, possibly a typo, or some output being put in the wrong place by the program. Also, remember the arrow points the direction the data is going so > into, the file so check you didn't use the other one. ;-)

Open up the file and scroll all the way to the bottom just to check. Also, compare the output when you run it without the > somefile.txt to that of the file created when you do use that.

does anyone know of a converter that will convert the cpp code for this to g++ compliant code so i can compile this for linux?

I don't know of any converter, but I do plan to make a compiled version for Linux, once the program is done.

The main thing that I need before I can call the program finished, is correct prices and item names... So it may be a while :)

I've also added the feature for the listing to be logged to elcounter_inventory.txt. (So now you don't have to do "elcounter > something.txt".) Also, it generates a separate file called elcounter_market.txt, which contains your inventory, formatted in a friendly looking way for posting on the market section of the forum.

Here's what the current formatting looks like (below)... I'm not too crazy about the font, but I couldn't figure out any way to make the prices line up, without using the "fixedsys" font... Might change this later. Also you can see two other changes... Firstly, the prices are more friendly looking (4k instead of 4000.0)... Secondly, to keep things simple, it only shows the per-item price instead of the total.

Weapons

1 Titanium Serpent Sword............................... 4k

Armor

1 Leather Pants........................................ 50gc

6 Leather Boots........................................ 50gc

5 Iron Helm............................................ 200gc

7 Steel Shield......................................... 400gc

2 Damaged Iron Greave.................................. 500gc

20 Steel Chain Mail.................................... 800gc

2 Iron Greave.......................................... 4k

4 Iron Cuisses......................................... 4k

Magic

1 Stars Medallion...................................... 50gc

28 Ring of Portland.................................... 50gc

7 Unicorn Medallion.................................... 100gc

EDIT: changed the above to use normal font instead of fixedsys font since it doesn't display at all if you don't have that font :icon13:

Edited by roos

hehe, apparently i don't have this "fixedsys" font in linux :o i get nothing but a blank box LOL.

but yeah, i tried to compile it straight from source and discovered it wasn't quite that easy. and no, i'm not a coder, so i don't know a bloody thing about writing c ;), although i could hook you up with a nice GUI for bit defender console for linux in Gambas :)

I don't know of any converter, but I do plan to make a compiled version for Linux, once the program is done.

The main thing that I need before I can call the program finished, is correct prices and item names... So it may be a while :)

I've also added the feature for the listing to be logged to elcounter_inventory.txt. (So now you don't have to do "elcounter > something.txt".) Also, it generates a separate file called elcounter_market.txt, which contains your inventory, formatted in a friendly looking way for posting on the market section of the forum.

Here's what the current formatting looks like (below)... I'm not too crazy about the font, but I couldn't figure out any way to make the prices line up, without using the "fixedsys" font... Might change this later. Also you can see two other changes... Firstly, the prices are more friendly looking (4k instead of 4000.0)... Secondly, to keep things simple, it only shows the per-item price instead of the total.

Weapons

1 Titanium Serpent Sword............................... 4k

Armor

1 Leather Pants........................................ 50gc

6 Leather Boots........................................ 50gc

5 Iron Helm............................................ 200gc

7 Steel Shield......................................... 400gc

2 Damaged Iron Greave.................................. 500gc

20 Steel Chain Mail.................................... 800gc

2 Iron Greave.......................................... 4k

4 Iron Cuisses......................................... 4k

Magic

1 Stars Medallion...................................... 50gc

28 Ring of Portland.................................... 50gc

7 Unicorn Medallion.................................... 100gc

lol darn, i thought that if you didn't have the font, it'd just switch to the default font. Oh well... i've edited my post above to make it readable ;)

If you've got a Unix-like operating system with perl installed, you can do something like this:

(storage is a file containing the output of #storage from chat_log.txt)

./how_filthy_rich_am_i.pl < storage | sort -g

#!/usr/bin/perl

my $total = 0;

while (<>) {

my ($num, $item) = ($_ =~ /(\d*) (.*)/);
my @p = `grep "^$item\$" prices.txt -A 1`;

if ($p[0] ne "") {
	chomp($p[1]);
	printf("%12.2f gc\t: %d %s worth %.2f each\n", $num * $p[1], $num, $item, $p[1]);
	$total += $num * $p[1];
} else {
	print "no price for $item\n";
}
}

printf("%12.2f gc total\n", $total);

this could be done without using grep and sort...left as an exercise :o special bonus points for solutions involving tail -f chat_log.txt

Edited by edlothiolon

meh :/

i tried the perl script above but got a text file full of "no price for $item_name" messages even tho the prices.txt file was in the same directory.

i tried running this with wine but all i get is:

chazz@Minerva:~/elcounter$ wine ELCounter.exe
Could not find #storage in the log!
Wine exited with a successful status

:)

Hmm. Do you log server messages to chat_log.txt or srv_log.txt? If it's the latter, then you can edit elcounter_config.txt, there's a line that says chat_log.txt, just change it to the other file. If that's not it, i'm not too sure. Don't know much about wine/Linux unfortunately :/ Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of people about price corrections, so once that comes through, I'll compile a version for Linux.

Edited by roos

Hmm. Do you log server messages to chat_log.txt or srv_log.txt? If it's the latter, then you can edit elcounter_config.txt, there's a line that says chat_log.txt, just change it to the other file. If that's not it, i'm not too sure. Don't know much about wine/Linux unfortunately :/ Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of people about price corrections, so once that comes through, I'll compile a version for Linux.

i log them to chat_log.txt. i even opened the log to check for the #storage command entry but found none.

i'm currently looking for the info on how to change the logging for server messages to srv_log.txt and try again.

i log them to chat_log.txt. i even opened the log to check for the #storage command entry but found none.

i'm currently looking for the info on how to change the logging for server messages to srv_log.txt and try again.

err... if you don't have storage info in your chat_log, are you sure that server messages go into it?

anyway, elconfig -> server -> log messages (scroll down for srv_log.txt option)

Hrm... yeah like ttlanhil said, check your logging options :D Note that the default setting for ELCounter is to look in the chat_log.txt file, so if you change it so it logs to srv_log.txt, then make sure to edit elcounter_config.txt.

Btw, when you search your log for the storage command, note that it won't contain the word "#storage" anywhere. The way that you find a storage listing is by:

Items you have in your storage:

....... items..........

You have 80 out of 200 slots used.

Edited by roos

Version "2.0" is done, which is hopefully the last update :P I'm gonna update the first post on this thread with the download link, so please check that.

Edit: korreon pointed out that "Quarter Staff" should be listed as "Quarterstaff" in prices.txt, so I've updated that... Anyway the Windows version of 2.0 seems to be fine. I'm hoping some folks with Linux can give it a shot, I'm more worried about that one since I've only tested it on my comp.

Edited by roos