Eternal Lands Official Forums
Brian N.

Rumours About "Bagjumping"

Just A Quick Note To All Of You Who Are Spreading Rumours about Me Is Really Starting To Tick Me Off. For One This "Bagjumping" thing i didn't know about it. I asked a mod about it she said i could keep the bag the nice thing to do is give it back. Some of you people weren't even there and you started this rumor. The kid got his stuff back on delay due to some threats being made i would have given it back to him sooner if threats weren't made. I have played this game one week and saw that this wasn't in the rules so who could know and now people are treating me like crap like i knew this already guess what i didn't. So i would appreciate it if this rumour crap would end and quick.

Bagjumping isn't a crime and people do it to me all the time and do you see me whinning no. sinse people were fussing about it i figured i'd post this to clear the air.

Enough Said.

*begins thanking whomever gave birth to this guy* those are the wisest words i have heard from a beginner in a long time.... Damned_Angel looks like there is another person that has renewed my faith the human race will live on :icon13::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Yes, I Believe When A Person Dies And They Drop "Some" Of Their Things It Is No Longer Theirs Unless They Get Back There First Without Anyone Taking It. And The Game Lets Them Keep Certain Things. So That Is What They Can Call Theirs Not Something That Is On The Ground. I Died Yesterday And Lost Some Good Things But I Put The Effort Into Finding My Death Bag And Sure Enough I Found It. The People Who Give Death Bags Back Are Nice And All But The People Are Taking Advantage And *Expecting* People To Give It To Them. I Gave Him His Stuff Back It Was Worth A Whole 200GC. Now If I Were Those People Whinning And Saw A Guy With Nice Things On Him Rare Stuff Or Whatever The Question Is Would You Give Him His Stuff Back? No, You Wouldn't.

Guys Thanks For Your Comments :icon8:

With Great Respect,

[whine-mode on]Those Caps Are Annoying.[/whine-mode off]

Bagjumping is not illegal, and as such part of the game. Since this is a role-playing game, it is pure logic that other players may whine about it.In-game you are a thief, and treated as such. That is not illegal, on both parts. It is what makes the game a game, what's more: a Role Playing Game (Caps intended).

In the game, everyone is a character, a whole new person. That is what role-playing is all about (I'm a veteran in paper-pencil role-playing, and I played thieves many times and got killed many times because of it). So if people are treating you like a thief in-game, that is normal!

Another thing is when people are treating you like that in real life (i.e. threathening you or calling you names, instead of your character). That should be forbidden.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

And it's not just death bag returning. You keep someone's bag, someone else PKs you or cheats you in a trade... esentially, if you want people to treat you "right" in all areas, then you're going to have to make the effort to treat them right in all areas.

And it may only be worth 200gc to that player... but when you have nothing (i.e. newbie) it means a lot. If it only cost 200gc, there would be no point keeping it... but giving it back could have a HUGE effect on how players see you, especially the one that lost the stuff. Maybe think about things like that next time.

Id give back any bag. It is always much better to make an ally then to make a enemy(unless you are a great pker). Anyway I would feel to guilty...

Right..*sigh*..Yes its very hard to see your things go when u have made a mistake and DIED. But as in every "official" post seen its just ONLY your own fault. And if you whine (as maybe I also do sometimes..:mace: ) about it then you actually complain about developers who have made this work so. Cant even call anyone a thief if "saving" a bag of dead man. Just lucky guy. The only thing dead man needs is a coffin..:o. So better be happy that u didnt lose everything.

Maybe bit different if bag is there because of harvesting teleport or for other reason accidentally left bag. Maybe then could talk about thief.

I have months ago seen on channel some top-10 player to say that "Sure I will also take a bag if it has something valuable in and nobody can see...". And that was talk of someone who all the time was whining about bagjumpers. So...its easy to show being good boy and give 3 threads and leather gloves back but if u suddenly find a bag with full plate armour+++ ..worth about 30000gc then maybe a newbie will think twice..would you?..;)

It sure depends of how much anyone has lost him/herself like that..if been unlucky then maybe wont care much when has a chance to get something back.

One thing also makes bit wonder why sit there waiting..mostly the only thing after bag save is "thx" and--run...:P

And also if first words from owner are when he comes back: "wtf?..%#¤"&" ass%¤"¤..jump off my baaag!"...

ps..."Who the hell took my grieves+2 shields+chain+2 moons +++ when I did week ago in Grubani..I will kill him when I see"...:ppppppp

Sorry guys I will try not to use the caps lock, it's just the way i type and theres no need to be rude about it. I thank you for all of your posts but where i come from if someone dies that is no longer theirs and they should not expect it back if the bag wasn't ment to give to someone else when they die, then whats the point of droping it. Yes it's nice to give it back and i did but when someone demands it back and doesn't ask politly i see no point in giving it back. People sit there and start saying stuff about me and people notify me that it's going on there is no need for it. I don't see anywhere in the rules that "bagjumping" is against the rules and i don't perfer to call it as bag jumping it's basicly getting items that is one of the risks of dieng. and i don't acpect anyone to give my bag back but it would be nice. Well from here on out i declare this:

I Will Return A Death Bag To The Person Who Dies And I So Happen To Get It Under These Circomstances, No Threats, Not Demanding It. Don't Take It Out On Other People. Remember Death Bags Aren't A Gaurentee Of Gettting It Back But Sinse This Community Is Nice I Will Return It And Remember I Have Been Playing For One Week And I Asked Everyone What Bagjumping was but nobody told me. The last game i played was runescape and some traits from that game such as somone dieing and getting there stuff is one of it. Sorry, Just please don't demand it back and i will be happy to return it. =D

Thanks For All Of Your Opinions =D

Where I come from, someone who dies and his / her belongings are treated with all respect. And they don't walk out of the underworld either.

A game is a game. As I said before, it's technically your right to grab every db in sight. It's as much everyones right to treat you how they wish (to some extent). That is the game we play here, and it's called role-playing.

The fuss you make about what happened to you is as unjust as the fuss everyone makes about what you did. Or as righteous, a matter of opinion.

Now If I Were Those People Whinning And Saw A Guy With Nice Things On Him Rare Stuff Or Whatever The Question Is Would You Give Him His Stuff Back? No, You Wouldn't.

Yes I would give it back, and have given every bag back that I have come across (except those that are won in pk).

I agree people should lay off...hard to know the game ettiquete in your first week.

But a Death bag returned is a friend and ally made.

Let me put it this way: Kat was the first person to return a bag to me months and months ago. I have never forgotten it. For all I care, Kat can become the bride-of-Crus and I will STILL travel across 4 maps for her if she needs someone to get her stuff.

Edited by anthropologist

Yes, I know it's called rollplaying there are some extents to a game and it's in someones nature to do that. Yes this is a very small community and everyones nice... but some people not saying myself should choose to keep someones belongings and not be harrased by a lot of people and being called certain things it's just not cool

Happy Valintines Day All!

I agree people should lay off...hard to know the game ettiquete in your first week.

But a Death bag returned is a friend and ally made.

Let me put it this way: Kat was the first person to return a bag to me months and months ago. I have never forgotten it. For all I care, Kat can become the bride-of-Crus and I will STILL travel across 4 maps for her if she needs someone to get her stuff.

I so agree with you here. sKuller was the first person that I can recall returning My DB :D and I must say i surprised and shocked to get it back since I died in VOTD which is full of pesky bagjumpers. And t this day I am thankful for him. He recently returned another DB of mine :) and Now I am twice as greateful to him for his good deeds :P

Except even a "new person" should know it wont be smiled upon to take anothers items. Especialy after someone asks for it back! then you know they want it and if you choose to keep it you deserve the consequences of those actions. I personally think the community is a bit to easy on evildoers.

Yes, I know it's called rollplaying there are some extents to a game and it's in someones nature to do that. Yes this is a very small community and everyones nice... but some people not saying myself should choose to keep someones belongings and not be harrased by a lot of people and being called certain things it's just not cool

Happy Valintines Day All!

I disagree a bit here. If someone chooses to keep my DB , PK me while training, bagjump for any reason whatsoever! I will harass them until the end of their EL Lives!!!! They better hope they never see me around because I do not forget and I will remind them of their evil ways everytime I see them. If I can I will Kill them. If they want to #ignore me then thats fine to I will get all my Buddies to PM them to!!! or Local chat them to death :P I have no sympathy for evil doers and may they all die (x10) . If its okay to cause distress to People by taking their things , whats so wrong about letting them know how you feel about it? But it seems alot of bagjumpers are newbie alts and you usally dont see them again. So If someone wants to be a bagjumper I hope they get harassed all the day long. They cant be trusted with their evil thieving ways.

Edited by Sweettea

There is only one problem with that approach Sweettea.. I jumped all over a guy once for jumping a bag at PL fruit stand..a noob died to gob and got a sword stolen from bag..(so long ago i have forgotten who did it)... the guy said i took it... i exchanged a few pm's and when he had no reply to my questions he just ignored me (and the noob who he did not even honour with a reply at all)... he then lodged an harrasment complaint against me and I got a warning from Ghrae..

Then he used to follow me around (taking out the sword..which was only an iron sword..but a treasure to a noob) hoping I would say something else..presumably to try and get me punished...But i was too smart to fall for that.

So basically you can get punished for venting on a person who obviously has no honour...that is why a post of the log in here is the best revenge....just watch what you say to them....

Edited by SharkBite

I'm not afraid of getting banned or warned though. If its okay to hit ppl over the head with swords and scam and lie like scum. I see no problem with cursing them and their mama :devlish:

I wholeheartedly agree with Sweettea here! The correct approach when RPG-ing IMHO.

What makes it hard sometimes is where you draw the line. Are you RP-ing on the forum also or are you being yourself there?

A bit offtopic but why do you capitalize EVERY word?

Probably because he doesn't know which ones to capitalize, so he capitalizes all of them? :brooding:

A bit offtopic but why do you capitalize EVERY word?

Probably because he doesn't know which ones to capitalize, so he capitalizes all of them? :sneaky:

That's what I do when trying to type German... :brooding:

I wholeheartedly agree with Sweettea here! The correct approach when RPG-ing IMHO.

What makes it hard sometimes is where you draw the line. Are you RP-ing on the forum also or are you being yourself there?

It depends really..

In RL if I died and someone looted my dead body of posseions. Then yes I would come back as a ghost and haunt them til the end of their days(or worse), lmao!

But anyways I just dont have no truck with evildoers. It's just not the cool thing to do. Anyone who harms me (or mine) deserves to get harmed back. :)