Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mrbrown

Bugs in 0.9.1

After 10 minutes of playing the Linux client, I noticed the following bugs:

- Exp reported on stats screen is broken (Magic and Potion aren't reported correctly).

- Significant drop in FPS. Looks like the overall game FPS has dropped 10-20 frames, maybe more. I'm using a GF2 MX 400 (on an Athlon 900, 512MB RAM), and I had a decent, playable FPS in 0.8.8. Turning off shadows doesn't seem to make much difference.

- Sometimes the char name wants to disappear when standing in front of something. Ex: name disappeared when standing in front of the portal in the Underworld. Also looks like sometimes the player's health bar can obscure the name.

- Couldn't see rain in Isla Prima. Hasn't rained anywhere else I've been yet.

stats window: combat/attack/defense exp are bad.

rain: no problem.

client in window 1024x768@32

vc: gf4 mx 460/agp/sse/3dnow!

opengl: 1.4.1

win xp

I REALLY did not change the graphic engine at all, except for some stuff near the water. I have a GF4 Ti 4400, and works as it did before..

Try updating your drivers...

Anyone else having a very low FPS, on Linux/GF4?

Linux GF4 MX440 here. It's not real slow, about 50-60 fps, about the same speed as the previous alpha, i think. But it seems that it was faster before that, since i used to get 90-100.

Ooohhh wait...could that be the new avatars?

UPDATE: in the titanium mine, fps dropped to about 20.

My fps are also down to ~60 from ~100. Also linux here, but I think I heard a lot of people complaining as soon as they started up the beta. The nickname's don't disappear, they hide behind objects. Change glDepthFunc or something when they're draw, so they always appear on top? Don't know much about OpenGL. However you're drawing the health bars works right.

Me too, I believe the weird number (-close to 2^31) came after I fought a skeleton. But now the number LOOK normal, but aren't. Some of the numbers are correct, but belong to different skills, some are plain bs.

in reality:

harv/manu/alch/pot/mag/att/def/comb

31483/306393/11921/0/103552/75480/88112

stats win:

23127/31483/44249/0/75480/103552/103552/88112

Look like a fucked up array to me.

The only change I made, was the way I read the objects behind the mouse...

You gusy should update the drivers, the problem is that some Nvidia cards have a big issues with clipping planes. At least on windows that was fixed, for me, by updating my video drivers. Please try that and tell me if it works...

Well, one thing I wanted to mention with the previous beta - my card seems to have a big problem with the dynamic lighting EL uses. If I'm in a cave, or the Underworld, the framerate drops to around 15-20. If I'm in Isla Prima, I can get up to 30, but it's usually between 20-30. Once I head to where there's more "natural" lighting (Pines or Stone) I get back up to 40-50 FPS, in some cases 60-70. I can never get 60-70 in Isla Prima, doesn't matter if it's day or night. Night is always worse (just like in the caves) in any area.

The other thing is I noticed EL is very CPU-intensive, even when windowed and I'm in a seperate window. I thought it a bit strange the framerate would stay consistently low, even when the client is idle.

Anyway, I'm using 4496 Nvidia drivers under Linux, I'll check to see if there's a more recent version (Debian needs to get off their a**es and restore the repo :P and install that, then let you know if it's better.

I don't know what to say. I did locate the problem, with why the Beta is so slow, and I'll issue a patch soon (today or tomorrow).