Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Problems with the update

Same problem. Eh, oh well. It'll get sorted out eventually, I'm sure. Thanks, though.

Vitez's bin also didn't work for me. After some googling to find libalut.so and rpming, all i got was:

Illegal instruction

the_voice's tip , however, works fine for fine. Just grab the cvs and compile w/o -DAUTO_UPDATE. If someone could do that for the others... (well, if you wanna try my bin fell free - no guarantees :) )

Please check Vitez's bin, if it works we'll include it in our files.

it does not work

./el.x86.linux.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libcal3d.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can remove the problem, inserting them in the folder?

birebbi

For those having trouble with compiling the*nix version, here are the flags I used with the CVS version after changing "int version_second_digit=12" to "int version_second_digit=20" in main.c :

OPTIONS=-DLINUX -DELC -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER -DNEW_FRUSTUM -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX -DNEW_TEX -DOPTIONS_I18N -DNETWORK_THREAD -DWIDGETS_FIX -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DCOMMAND_BUFFER -DAUTO_UPDATE -DNOTEPAD -DANTI_ALIAS

This worked on Slackware 10.1 and updated 10.2 with gcc 3.3.6, libopenal.so.0.0.7, and libcal3d.so.11. -DAUTO_UPDATE works for me with no problem. An earlier attempt failed until I added -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX to go along with -DNEW_TEX & -DNEW_FRUSTUM.

Just my $.02. Hope it helps someone out.

Disclaimer: I am not a programmer.

What we need, is at least a half decent README on how to install the update, both for Windows and Linux.

As for myself, I presume I will have to wait until the new version is in Portage? (Gentoo Linux)

I think i have all needed static libraries to make static build too. But the problem is time... I have to go to sleep now. :( If noone provides proper EL binary until tomorrow I'll fix it.

For those having trouble with compiling the*nix version, here are the flags I used with the CVS version after changing "int version_second_digit=12" to "int version_second_digit=20" in main.c :

OPTIONS=-DLINUX -DELC -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER -DNEW_FRUSTUM -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX -DNEW_TEX -DOPTIONS_I18N -DNETWORK_THREAD -DWIDGETS_FIX -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DCOMMAND_BUFFER -DAUTO_UPDATE -DNOTEPAD -DANTI_ALIAS

This worked on Slackware 10.1 and updated 10.2 with gcc 3.3.6, libopenal.so.0.0.7, and libcal3d.so.11. -DAUTO_UPDATE works for me with no problem. An earlier attempt failed until I added -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX to go along with -DNEW_TEX & -DNEW_FRUSTUM.

Change it to 13, not 20.

Change it to 13, not 20.

Thanks. Like I said, I'm not a a programmer. For some reason the 20 change worked. Oh well.

EDIT: I've tried to make a static binary, but for some reason make can't find some of my static libs like SDL_net and that's a little outa my league.

Edited by larrystorch

What we need, is at least a half decent README on how to install the update, both for Windows and Linux.

As for myself, I presume I will have to wait until the new version is in Portage? (Gentoo Linux)

All the problems will be solved, but one at a time.

Being a small team, we need support from volunteers to do the testing, make a linux bin that works for all, etc.

Thanks. Like I said, I'm not a aprogrammer. For some reason the 20 change worked. Oh well.

Changing to 20 WORKS, but you will not be forced to update next update, and that is bad because you will miss files and stuff.

1. my FPS dropped so much, cant play with prespective...

2. arena in SKF, give a warning that its PK..?

3. combat is too slow.. yes it needed to be slower than b4 but now it looks too slow.

4. Quantity boxes in inventory are not in a good place, my inv and alot of other ppls inv's im sure were at the bottum of there screen, its not relevant that they are at the bottum and far apart. if they were underneath eachother its alot easier and faster to click different quantities when needed..

5. the effect when ppl teleport (the sparks or w/e) look crap now.

no matter what i do, the update will not even get to the log-in screen... am i done playing el?

Delete EL, download the full version.

I thought, what the bleep, I won't wait for Portage and do it manually.

I got in the game, but when entering DP storage it died horribly:

amedee@saruman ~ $ /usr/games/bin/el.x86.linux.bin
I/O error : Permission denied
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/tiger.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/tiger_white.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/orc_female_1_armed.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/orc_male_1_armed.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/skeleton_armed.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/phantom_warrior.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/imp.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/brownie.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_big1.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_big2.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_big3.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_big4.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_small1.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_small2.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_small3.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/spider_small4.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/wood_sprite.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/share/games/eternal-lands/actor_defs/leprechaun.xml"
Segmentation fault

Lucky I was able to solve this myself with a simple

chown -R root:games /usr/share/games/eternal-lands/*

followed by a

chmod -R g+r /usr/share/games/eternal-lands/*

both as root.

So Linux users: double check your permissions!!!

Post EXACTLY what you did.

ok i waited an hour after half hour was up for server down and then i downloaded the update... i tried to start it up and it said connecting to server and my comp stopped loading... so i clicked the screen and it turned all white and i tried to close it and it wouldnt let me. i uninstalled the game after i rebooted the comp and redownloaded and it did the same thing. i repeated that method only this time did the update with the full game download and same i got the same results

Umm, you did the update with the full game dowload? Explain please.

at first i just downloaded the update. didnt work

then i uninstalled and downloaded full game only. didnt work.

then i uninstalled and downloaded ful agem and then the update by itslef. didnt work.

thats basically it

the old one worked fine though... or does the firwall only block the update?

edit:ok i turned firewall off... lets see if it works now

allow EL to connect on port 2000 TCP.

how do i do that? just in case...

ok i finished downloading the full game off the site. do i need to download update too or is it already in there?

Edited by CodyTowner