Eternal Lands Official Forums
Beorn

The war in Iraq and the history of USA

Err. America really has not done that much good in Iraq. Let’s see what has happened there.

> Very bitter Sunnis. They have lost the most and are feeling resentful (minority)

> Divided Shiites. Most don’t like the instability and some have lost quite a bit as well. Most are happy about USA intervention but want them out. (Majority)

>Happy Kurds. They are now stable, have the only army and are gaining their is talks about a new "province" for them. They wish Us to stay because they are still afraid of the much larger Sunni and Shiite people who generally resent them.

> More wild and less organized terror groups. This means they are harder to stop. Its is easier to stop a country than individuals.

> Fighting over who is to control the oil in Iraq

About the American president. Well I have never run a country (I don’t think I ever will), but that does not justify him. If I am an experienced serial killer, would you say “would you be any better at it"? Let’s not look at titles or rank, but let us look at the person. If I get a high title when I get older will that justify me or anything I do? Do ribbons allow us to go around shaking up countries and killing the innocent? As for being a thorn in terrorism, they are a thorn to America, not us to them. What have we done to them? All we have done is made them more wild and unpredictable. This makes the situation worse. These are normal people. If we helped them and their country it could be such a better place. People who have a stable country, peace, money, and good living conditions do not go suicide. These are people with nothing to lose; we caused it not the other way around. While some might say it is "religion" it is not. It is all about economics. Also what is that 40% crap? Who did they ask? They couldn’t have gotten a fair estimate of the Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds. Also its one thing to say you’re going to do something and another to do it. Further more, Usa (Bush and some of the government...) exaggerates and tells lies about what it is really like. Many things they say are just trying make the general public believe what they are doing is right, and to make them think things are going their way. I agree that the old tyrant had to get out, but that was Usas mess again. Once they learn to stop meddling in places they should not then the world might be able to get better.

Pretty good 1000 post eh?

Spelling fixed. Easier to read now. So thats how you spell shiite...

Edited by sparhawk

Again - the oil-war comments - TOTALLY unsupported in the fact that no oil has actually gone anywhere...

USA meddling - ok, maybe we should never have meddled where we didn't belong. After all, we never belonged in Panama 100 or so years ago, digging that big ditch the entire world pretty much uses... we never belonged marching American men to their deaths in Europe, back in 1917-8, and again in the 1940's... we never belonged in South Korea, where we've been for the last 50 years... we never belonged in Kuwait about 15 years ago...

Look - right war, wrong war, it really doesn't matter now. In the next several years, the history books will decide. Or the politicians will. Right now, can anyone actually say what we can do NOW, and what difference right or wrong means to the dead?

Personally, I'm sick of hearing who's wrong and who's right - it's obvious no one really cares about wrong or right, just that their side looks good. Violations of the law never questioned on one person are calls for lynching of someone else. Hell, I've heard certain nuts blame everything from the poor economic times of late 2000 (you know, when Florida couldn't figure out how to vote, and tech stocks collapsed when finally forced to actually make money - completely outside of Bush's presidency, and not even that controllable by the president anyway), 9/11 (as if HE, not Osama, had the hijackers hit the World Trade Center), to Hurricane Katrina (no, not the disaster of government in the aftermath, he supposedly created the storm himself) on President Bush...

Equal protection of the law requires equal adherence of the law, and equal pprosecution under the law. If you want to accuse one official of wrongdoing, accuse them all. If you have evidence against one and you ignore it, no matter what, you make yourself as guilty as they are.

Err. America really has not done that much good in Iraq. Let’s see what has happened there.

> Very bitter Sunnis. They have lost the most and are feeling resentful (minority)

> Divided Shiites. Most don’t like the instability and some have lost quite a bit as well. Most are happy about USA intervention but want them out. (Majority)

>Happy Kurds. They are now stable, have the only army and are gaining their is talks about a new "province" for them. They wish Us to stay because they are still afraid of the much larger Sunni and Shiite people who generally resent them.

> More wild and less organized terror groups. This means they are harder to stop. Its is easier to stop a country than individuals.

> A more oil rich America

> Fighting over who is to control the oil in Iraq

About the American president. Well I have never run a country (I don’t think I ever will), but that does not justify him. If I am an experienced serial killer, would you say “would you be any better at it"? Let’s not look at titles or rank, but let us look at the person. If I get a high title when I get older will that justify me or anything I do? Do ribbons allow us to go around shaking up countries and killing the innocent? As for being a thorn in terrorism, they are a thorn to America, not us to them. What have we done to them? All we have done is made them more wild and unpredictable. This makes the situation worse. These are normal people. If we helped them and their country it could be such a better place. People who have a stable country, peace, money, and good living conditions do not go suicide. These are people with nothing to lose; we caused it not the other way around. While some might say it is "religion" it is not. It is all about economics. Also what is that 40% crap? Who did they ask? They couldn’t have gotten a fair estimate of the Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds. Also its one thing to say you’re going to do something and another to do it. Further more, Usa (Bush and some of the government...) exaggerates and tells lies about what it is really like. Many things they say are just trying make the general public believe what they are doing is right, and to make them think things are going their way. I agree that the old tyrant had to get out, but that was Usas mess again. Once they learn to stop meddling in places they should not then the world might be able to get better.

Pretty good 1000 post eh?

Spelling fixed. Easier to read now. So thats how you spell shiite...

who did they ask? hell if i know. i dont know them personally, but i would expect that they polled the people who live there. they are never really accurate. but it provides more of an idea than any citizen in the US would have. i agree justifying certain aspects of the war are out of the question. but i do feel that it is necessary for us to interviene. after sept. 11, what would you do? and yes i completely agree that it is not the rank or ribbons you have but you as a person and your capability of making decisions. bush has had problems with making decisions, ill agree to that. but he is our president. and he deserves the respect that comes with the title-unless he proves he is unworthy to be in the position as president, then he would be removed from office. actually terrorists will not carry out an action of mass destruction without a strong base of operations to work from. and having them scattered prevents them from preforming acts of terrorism that would cause death to many innocent people. (i know someone will say that isnt the US killing innocent people, so i will address that issue. anyone who takes up arms against the US army is an enemy.) i also agree that there is a level of politics involved in the war, such as the oil struggle, that should not be present. but i do believe that the ultimate goal of this was to help the country and not to cause as much damage as we have done.

Again - the oil-war comments - TOTALLY unsupported in the fact that no oil has actually gone anywhere...

USA meddling - ok, maybe we should never have meddled where we didn't belong. After all, we never belonged in Panama 100 or so years ago, digging that big ditch the entire world pretty much uses... we never belonged marching American men to their deaths in Europe, back in 1917-8, and again in the 1940's... we never belonged in South Korea, where we've been for the last 50 years... we never belonged in Kuwait about 15 years ago...

Look - right war, wrong war, it really doesn't matter now. In the next several years, the history books will decide. Or the politicians will. Right now, can anyone actually say what we can do NOW, and what difference right or wrong means to the dead?

Personally, I'm sick of hearing who's wrong and who's right - it's obvious no one really cares about wrong or right, just that their side looks good. Violations of the law never questioned on one person are calls for lynching of someone else. Hell, I've heard certain nuts blame everything from the poor economic times of late 2000 (you know, when Florida couldn't figure out how to vote, and tech stocks collapsed when finally forced to actually make money - completely outside of Bush's presidency, and not even that controllable by the president anyway), 9/11 (as if HE, not Osama, had the hijackers hit the World Trade Center), to Hurricane Katrina (no, not the disaster of government in the aftermath, he supposedly created the storm himself) on President Bush...

Equal protection of the law requires equal adherence of the law, and equal pprosecution under the law. If you want to accuse one official of wrongdoing, accuse them all. If you have evidence against one and you ignore it, no matter what, you make yourself as guilty as they are.

i also agree that i am tired of hearing it. im also tired of people complaining. cause complaining doesnt do anything. except waste the time of the individuals who listen to it.

Omfug, Bush is not really "our" president. But anyhow. What can we really do? I do not think I can stop the Usa, and even if i could it would cause more damage now. If Usa leaves there is a chance that the country(iraq) will fall into instablity. You cannot go to arms because of a few men. No country is at fault for what those terrorists did. Its like a boxing arena. Theres the champion heavyweight boxer Us, and every other country. And a light boxer who is terroism, he throws a dirty punch and runs to hide between all the middle eastern countries. Us, who does not like some of those countries goes to boxer iraq and Ko's him. Really, Us is targeting the wrong countries... But what can we do? Unless we are american congress or senatemen we have no power there. We may protest all we want, but there are those that will oppose. Both terrorism, Bush and the old tyrant (of Iraq) are all wrong. They all have done things that should not have been done. But we cannot go into the past to change that.

Sparhawk, i agree with almost everything you said. Bush may not be your president, but he is for me. and though i may not like some things he does, i still respect him. and it was not a few men that we deployed our troops for. it was for terrorism itself, which is pretty big. that doesnt make it right that we are still in iraq. but it was a big step in a direction that we will need to face eventually: eliminating terrorism.