Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mdh01

client error

i have no idea what has changed but since today i get a lot of client errors which freezes my whole puter

using the p3 with zoom haven't had much probs with it until today

its really getting anoying now to boot this machine frequently

are there any things changed in the server that might trigger this ???

Umm, yeah, something did change (the guild names) but that shouldn't be a problm, no one else complained about it.

Try to update your drivers and such.

dl'd the latest nvidia drivers

dl'd the complete version 0.95 of el again

and it didn't help a bit it is generatings errors pretty frequently now

have clouds and shadows disabled (default setting here for me )

screen 1152 x 864 windowed,

dunno if it has anything to do with the lag problem a lot of ppl seem to experience, cant tell what ppl see when i lost the game again

dunno if i lagged out in their views but here it just freezes and w2k will start to generate error log but never finnishes it grrrrr..

I have the same problem with different Win2k boxes.

One thing I have noticed is that it happens as more and more people gather around whatever location I'm in at the time.

While mining, no problems until there were around 7-9 people. While at storage in VoTD, it happens every 1 to 5 minutes.

Also, I got the following error, not sure if it will help you or not.

The instruction at "0x02f7420d" referenced memory ar "0x06c5f000". The memory could not be "read".

Again, not sure if that will help you and thanks for looking into it.

Update: Also remembered that I get a Resync with server comment when I first login near a storage.

Update 2: Just patched my video driver for the GeForce 2card i have here and it still happens.

The instruction at "0x02f7420d" referenced memory ar "0x06c5f000".  The memory could not be "read".

Windows errors are entirely worthless.

Generally, I agree with you. You'd be surprised at how often, though, that I've given information to Learner that he has been able to use to find and fix the problem.

OK, after a few days with the patches that has been released it noticed the folowing:

* the optimized unstable version crashes here within very small amount of time so i didnt try that anymore

* the Tradeoff seems to be working but crashes als pretty soon like the optimized unstable

* the Slow version sofar is my best option, and i can stay playing for a while depending on: where am i, and who else is there and what am i or they doing.

i noticed that when it gets busier the client tend to crash a lot more.

specially when you to try to something yourself like harving or alch or whatever.

as soon as i arrive in VOTD storage its a matter of a few mins to be crashing

but its not nessacery to be doing something just hang out on a busy

place whit a lot of ppl and lotsa things like summun and who knows what going on and after a (little longer then when doing stuff yourself too) while you're history ....

my non knowledgeable head tells me that it has partly to do with the amount of graphical things that the videocard has to process since its a increase of those that makes me go down.

cause like when im at portland killing gobbi's its quiet around me except from the gobs and animals that come long and i can be there for a long time whitout any crashes.

but naturally that would be a too logical and simple explanation so i reckon it somehow also has something to do with data packets going up and down to/from the server or a combination of both of the above

perhaps the packets are getting in the way of the grapics procsessing ??

i dunno im no programmer and have no experience on this matter but merely brainwaivin

no error logs get created here, at least i couldn't find any

hope this give some feedback on the patches against the crashing

but it seems it did solve that much yet..

Back to the drawing board...