Eternal Lands Official Forums
CharlotteS

can't run EL [SOLVED]

On my new comp I'm not able to play EL 'cause always when I try to log on this window appears and EL is shutted down:

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zonk0ax.jpg

(some problem with an application Developed using the Dev-C++ IDE and it will be closed)

I don't know what's going on. Maybe it is sth wrong with my graphic card, I have Matrox Millennium P650 LP PCIe 64.

Help:/

Edited by Derin

What fun! a Polish error window... it looks just like the English ones I once saw on occasion, only in Polish. Enough language commentary from me tho...

I think the first step should be to check if the video drivers for your card are up-to-date. If they aren't, update them.

If they are current, or you update them, and the game still doesn't work, it may be entirely possible you need a new video card (yes, I see it's a new computer, why would you need a new card? Shafty comp manufacturers generally don't put "real" video cards in their systems - they use something that would be perfect if all you wanted to do was surf pages, but good luck gaming with it...)

Just a thought, have you looked into the Error_log? There could also be a different culprit keeping you from playing...

Solved. I've updated drivers for my graphic card and now it works..huh

Even if I must be out of EL till February (stupid studies, exams, projects...etc...too much work)

Thanks very much both of you:)