Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
__007

Cannot connect

i have tried everything asked a friend that had it he asked his guildmaster and we cant fix it ive gone into el.ini and did all the things to make it better but it wont work some one help me please

this is what it says

ss.jpg

sry cant make picture bigger

GL_ARB_multitexture extension found, using it.

GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension found, using it.

Couldn't find the GL_*_point_sprite extension, not using it...

GL_ARB_texture_compression extension found, using it.

GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc extension found, using it.

GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension found, NOT using it...

Shadowmapping disabled (need newer hardware)

GL_ARB_vertex_program extension found, NOT using it...

Connecting to Server...

Can't connect to server :blink:

Press any key to try again.

Press Alt-x to close the game

how do i find out???? i think i have an ATI but when i click the graphic problems topic and use that link it says it cant find the server someone please help me i even had this tech guy open up port 2000 on my computer are there any other ports it uses???

Do i have to buy a new one? or can you go in and give me the lnk to the exact one that i need i have a SyncMaster 150N/152N/153N on Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV

So could someone go in and find the exact link to my problem and put it here

No, but you're using 80 right now. If 2000 is open, there shouldn't be a problem. But you can't find http://www.ati.com for the drivers? Mayhaps it's a DNS thing. Change the server line in el.ini from eternal-lands.network-studio.com to 62.93.225.26

That'll make it independant of your DNS working.

Intel. Juding from that word, you *do* need a new graphics card, and quite badly. I suggest a GeForce model, a 440MX is what works good for this, but if you can afford it, try a GeForce 5700 FX.

Edited by freeone3000

Intel. Juding from that word, you *do* need a new graphics card, and quite badly.

ahem. newer intel chips are quite capable of running EL, even when it's onboard and sharing system stuff

Mayhaps it's a DNS thing. Change the server line in el.ini from eternal-lands.network-studio.com to 62.93.225.26

Try that.

@ttlan: Intel cards are worth stuff now? Wasn't aware of that...

Edited by freeone3000

So do you have a onboard graphics controller or a 3rd party video card?

Btw, the link to ATi is not broken, and if you want to get a newer (cheaper) video card google for GeForce FX 5200

Edited by Derin

I would strongly suggest you try this then (the link is not broken, but you may want to unblock pop-up windows if you are using Internet Explorer):

For Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller

If its an integrated graphics card, look at this:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...ID=865&lang=eng

Note from site:

Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel® chipsets. This is not to be used if the system has a third party graphics card.

Mayhaps it's a DNS thing. Change the server line in el.ini from eternal-lands.network-studio.com to 62.93.225.26

Try that.

@ttlan: Intel cards are worth stuff now? Wasn't aware of that...

Im running off my onboard video right now, have for the past year and never had an issue. It happens to be the Intel 845 chipset just like 007 has. I think he may have that server issue that everyone had where they had to change to a socks server.

If the game will not find the server, and the link to ATI is "broken, perhaps you have some issue with your firewall or networking. How do you connect to the Interweb thingy? Dial-up (modem)? ADSL? Through a main computer that connects for you (Internet connection sharing)?

No, but you're using 80 right now. If 2000 is open, there shouldn't be a problem. But you can't find http://www.ati.com for the drivers? Mayhaps it's a DNS thing. Change the server line in el.ini from eternal-lands.network-studio.com to 62.93.225.26

Intel. Juding from that word, you *do* need a new graphics card, and quite badly. I suggest a GeForce model, a 440MX is what works good for this, but if you can afford it, try a GeForce 5700 FX.

i have a GeForce 440MX, how can you say it is any good? I usually dont get over 20 fps from it :S (ok, i do run full screen with 1280x1024 res, but it doesnt really improve much when i go for smaller screens eiether. Even have the particles set off totally, shadows are off, reflections are off, etc ;) )

I didn't say it was good, I said it works. That was my upgrade for the better part of my EL playing career.

Guys, the link to http://www.ati.com isn't broken, just type it in your address bar. If that doesn't load, there may be something about your network perms or a firewall in the way. Check that.

Make sure all firewalls, port blockers, and such are disabled, or at least set to allow 2000, and if you have Norton Antivirus, please disable it, beacuse it thinks EL is a keylogger that sends typing data over port 2000. (Of course, it does, how else would you have a chat system?)

They ATI drivers aren't keeping you from connecting though. It is trying and something is keeping you from connecting to the server, usually its is a network problem, firewall blocking connecting to port 2000, or an AV program. Since you changed it to using the IP address, you ruled out a DNS issue.

Just because you can hit the website doesn't mean there isn't a problem to the game server, they are on two different machines in two different countries.

Can you ping the IP address of the server? That will at least check for network routing.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this