Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zezi

Please help

Recently i had my comp wiped and i tried to put EL back on and nothing is working, ive tried loads of different things... uninstalling and re-installing, just installing it and wiping my computer again!

nothing seems to work, but i did notice this....

"Vertex Arrays enabled (memory hog on!)...

Window size adjusted to 780x550

Hmm... This mode seems to fall back in software 'acceleration'.

Trying to disable the stencil buffer.

Hmm... No luck without a stencil buffer either...

Let's try one more thing...

Damn, it seems that you are out of luck, we are in the software mode now, so the game will be veeeeery slow. If you DO have a 3D accelerated card, try to update your OpenGl drivers...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_multitexture extension, giving up clouds shadows, and texture detail...

Couldn't find the GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_*_point_sprite extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension, not using it...

Shadowmapping disabled (need newer hardware)

Connecting to Server...

Hi, and welcome to Eternal Lands! If you're new to the game and need help, please read the newbie helper guides on the main website. If you would rather learn by doing, talk to the Tutorial NPC, which is at the start point. In addition to that, you can type #help_me and your question to get a live response if there are helpers online. Click on the screen to continue!"

I also noticed that once when i tried logging in it did come up with some speech from my guild, but now its not happening again.... Plz help. :):):(

Recently i had my comp wiped and i tried to put EL back on and nothing is working, ive tried loads of different things... uninstalling and re-installing, just installing it and wiping my computer again!

nothing seems to work, but i did notice this....

"Vertex Arrays enabled (memory hog on!)...

Window size adjusted to 780x550

Damn, it seems that you are out of luck, we are in the software mode now, so the game will be veeeeery slow. If you DO have a 3D accelerated card, try to update your OpenGl drivers...

Couldn't find the GL_ARB_multitexture extension, giving up clouds shadows, and texture detail...

Couldn't find the GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_*_point_sprite extension, not using it...

Couldn't find the GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap extension, not using it...

Shadowmapping disabled (need newer hardware)

Connecting to Server...

Hi, and welcome to Eternal Lands! If you're new to the game and need help, please read the newbie helper guides on the main website. If you would rather learn by doing, talk to the Tutorial NPC, which is at the start point. In addition to that, you can type #help_me and your question to get a live response if there are helpers online. Click on the screen to continue!"

I also noticed that once when i tried logging in it did come up with some speech from my guild, but now its not happening again.... Plz help. :cry::(:(

Try new video drivers.

My video card worked fine before i had my comp wiped so why shudnt it work now?

I just managed to talk to every in my guild, but i cudnt see the screen, i had to turn it off and look in chat log.

Older versions of some drivers no longer work properly for certain features - thus the need to go update the drivers.

Other solution is the card just won't work with the game now, but I think that the less likely solution here (assumption based off "It worked before" and player's Join Date).

Very first thing I'd check (if the video isn't working) is the video card drivers.

UPDATE:

I managed to log into the game, i had to press alt+enter to load it, i can see everything fine, but the game is stuck in full screen, ive clicked to turn it off in the game options and in el config and nothing works.

Any thoughts on this plz?

Sounds pretty obvious that you need to get the latest drivers for your video card.

For links, see "Graphics problems?" pinned thread in this forum.

When THIS turns into:

GL_ARB_Extension found (enabled)...

It'll be able to go non-fullscreen.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this