Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jezebelle

Calling all guildleaders

What does this have to do with a guild council?

Nothing Dunian, you are right and Im sorry.

Erm..perhaps a middleman from the Council can help us sort out this dispute? :)

I should not get involved in flaming posts here.

Thank to whoever got rid of the unneeded posts! I realy appreciate that.

Jez

What does this have to do with the guild council? It has to do with determining if this is really meant to be in the best intentions of the game and community, or if it's just a way for one person to get back at the mod staff, because she can't be one anymore.

well to put it objectively, some people are unsure about what Jezebell's motives, which will most likely play a role in the council, are.

well to put it objectively, some people are unsure about what Jezebell's motives, which will most likely play a role in the council, are.

As i stated before, the COUNCIL will decide my role in it, not me :)

My motives are clear; make this World an even better place then it is.

Jez

What does this have to do with the guild council? It has to do with determining if this is really meant to be in the best intentions of the game and community, or if it's just a way for one person to get back at the mod staff, because she can't be one anymore.

And how have the last series of posts helped do that?

WOW!

I do NOT agree with the idea of a council of guilds. But I also do NOT agree with how this is getting a bit personal.

If Jez gets this thing off the ground, it will ONLY succeed if all the participants of the council come up with a valid, unifying purpose - which I highly doubt. AND it will need the respect and recognition of the players - also something I doubt will happen.

Therefore I don't think we need be overly worried. Curious - yes. Worried and speculate on things we do not know about - no.

So let's stick to the debate in hand (and Jez, please come up with a concrete set of concise goals soon - we all need to see what they are), and not go off on a tangent about something which we can only speculate at best.

Guest Khorros

Well, I must say that I'm starting to like the idea of the Council.

- help others more organized so that not everybody is there to help and none at other times

- intervene if asked to help in an arguement

- pm players to let them know bagjumping or pk'ing isn't always popular

Through all this posts the idea of the council has taken a bit more form. The players are discussing the idea and making suggestions that need to be heard.

Although I'm doubtfull of the title. A council sounds too much like a court, and I don't think people like to be judged. They do, on the other hand, like to be helped and assisted. If you change the role of the council from judge to assistent, then you'll get a lot more followers and people will listen to somebody who's trying to help quicker then somebody who's judging them.

Jez had a good point in saying: it's the way you say something that's important.

And if a player doesn't listen? Then so be it, but at least we've tried to make him see the error of his ways.

Wildcard said that with the help he gave, he also received. This can also be the case for the council. If players start seeing the use of it, they're more likely to use it in the future.

I think mods are doing a great job and if people sometimes can't reach them because no-one is on, then there need to be more of them, but I do think this idea can help people.

Just don't make it to difficult and make sure all can check out the ideas and plans formed, because a closed council is a mistrusted council.

For example, just make a list of people who can be trusted to be objective and to whom people can go with problems. Don't restrict this to guildleaders because you will insult people by this and others can be better at it still. Make this list visible for all, perhaps through a bot that sends the list through pm if requested. This is about all there is to it.

And then make a forum for those players on the list, where they can fill in a sort of timetable for being online.

Ok, since some are already trying to make this work, I suggest we stop flaming and start working together. If you're not interested in this, then just stop following this thread. You won't be bothered by it if you don't want to use it.

Guest Enyo

I've been painfully following this thread.. I've posted twice, I think. Personally, I don't see a need for this council but on the other hand, who is it hurting if she has it? The "council" can only have as much power or influence as the community or the mods give it. This thread has gone on long enough and its been discussed to death. People who don't want to participate, don't have to. Maybe no one will choose to participate at all. If this so called council starts to actually have some real impact within the game/community then the discussion should be picked up again rightfully so to discuss its role, etc. I think for now the council is more or less a castle in the sky.. its role playing and nothing more... kinda like the role playing that goes one between guilds.. aka wars, drama, etc. I'm personally still against any "real" council and will always be against it, especially if Jeze runs it. At this stage, there is no real threat. I also agree with LadyWolf at Jeze's real motives behind forming the council. I think she was dead on right about that one because I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't want to see anyone with hurt feelings here.. aka Jeze. I still think she needs to scrap this idea and start afresh (as Placid originally suggested). For now, lets please just ignore this thread altogether and move on because nothing is being accomplished here. Oh yeah, Happy New Year 2006!!

Edited by Enyo

I've been painfully following this thread.. I've posted twice, I think. Personally, I don't see a need for this council but on the other hand, who is it hurting if she has it? The "council" can only have as much power or influence as the community or the mods give it. This thread has gone on long enough and its been discussed to death. People who don't want to participate, don't have to. Maybe no one will choose to participate at all. If this so called council starts to actually have some real impact within the game/community then the discussion should be picked up again rightfully so to discuss its role, etc. I think for now the council is more or less a castle in the sky.. its role playing and nothing more... kinda like the role playing that goes one between guilds.. aka wars, drama, etc. I'm personally still against any "real" council and will always be against it, especially if Jeze runs it. At this stage, there is no real threat. I also agree with LadyWolf at Jeze's real motives behind forming the council. I think she was dead on right about that one because I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't want to see anyone with hurt feelings here.. aka Jeze. I still think she needs to scrap this idea and start afresh (as Placid originally suggested). For now, lets please just ignore this thread altogether and move on because nothing is being accomplished here. Oh yeah, Happy New Year 2006!!

1) I do NOT 'have'this Council. I do not run it, nor lead it, nor have any more saying in it then the rest of the Council.

2) The Council IS created and wil start meeting after the hollydays.

3) I have been asked for this thread to be closed 3 times allready, since all i see is flames and acusations lately. I stated the Council will post as soon as its formed and a leader and Daily Board have been chosen.

Jez

What are all those people at beam doing? Whats that? Helping New Players because they want to and because they enjoy it? So wots the Council for again.......to do something that people have been doing for a long time anyway?

hmm, from what ive seen they are either

1. afk

2. showing off their cool magic swords

3. both

havnt read the whole topic either (*edit* some of it i did tho), 13 pages, to much for me, and most of is b/s

relax ppl its a game, dont get personal or whatever, its just an idea, you either in or not .

Edited by Mister_Q

It's simple. Start getting some nice work done with this council and people will start joining it if they find it good :evilgrin:

And happy new year all ^_^

thanks, we will :D

Jez

Jezebelle good idea im game.but as most of you know im a otr (over the road) truck driver. gone 3 to 4 weeks at a time. :) i have co leaders in my guild.ill talk to them and see if thay want to do it or not.

Guest Trojan_Knight

Im a otr truck driver as well. And due to that, I cant keep up with all that is being discussed here from time to time. But I took the time to try and read "most" of what I could.

Anyways. To sum this up.. Im not pointing fingers, nor am I flaming anyone, just to make that clear right now.

As for this councel, I feel as if it is going to take a bad turn in the future. And I say this. Due to a few things in the past that were stated. And a few things that have been stated more recently. One being in the past there was no leader of it. Now I see that the councel will have to vote for a leader. So with that. How would it be equally split amongst the guild leaders, when there is a leader of the councel in place. I can understand having gaurds for examples, but a leader just makes it sound. Like it is to be less equal amongst those that have or will decide to participate.

Another thing is. From the begining of this thread. I have read you state one thing, and then later down the line. Turn it around. Wheather it be from guild black listing, to opinionating on who mods do what they can. No offense, im just trying to help ya get away from the negative questions. But I would personally think more about what I would say before I said it. Because, if continued with statements as have stated. Your creditablity is going to continue to diminsh. And people will only go so far to try and understand or contribute to something as this. Once your creditablity reaches a certain low point. It would be hard for anyone to bring a positive idea of anysort. Out of the negative persona.

As stated, whether your going to form a guild, clan, or a small community amongst those that play EL your going to need a outlined plan. A plan that will and can easily be followed. So that you have a positive direction on where your idea of this will go. And I honestly feel as if you had a plan, but. Maybe not all the information regarding this plan in place, or researched it well enough. For example when I formed ~LE~ I had a strict plan in place. I have not been on the game for over 4 months due to my graphic card. But because of my plan. And how I decided things with that first plan. Allowed me the reasoning, of my small community still being noticed as a honorable guild as some of said. And that was my first plan.. See you make a very well outlined plan the first time with direction. And once you accomplish all of that, you create a newer better suited plan based on what your goals and outcomes are to be. Maybe your first plan was already established with the idea that the councel will make up a newer better suited plan. I dont know im not you and i can not speak for you. But I do see a better outline of topics that was posted by Damned Angel I believe. (i apologize if i misspelled name or gave wrong name)

Yet though, considering this is your idea. I think that most of the people here asking questions and etc. Just want you to answer there questions in a honest up front no bs manner. When dealing with political matters. Theres really no need for sighs, or cookies, or etc. Just a answer.

With all that said. I feel as my last opinion on this today. Is just a simple. Take what you have. The people for this idea, the ideas you have. And start moving forward with it. Give examples of great things yall have done, things that will not discredit you and your councels efforts. And provide that information for the public, so that we (those like myself that think this may end up like its previous trial and errored topics). And show us, exactly what positive effects you have done. Because with out that. Like a previously used example of a car log. That is merely what this is. And the longer it takes the ball to get rolling. The more likely you will be spending more time answering questions or comments like this one. Then actually doing something with a councel. Now maybe Im a few days late, and ya have already started to get the ball rolling. Well, then I reckon on my next trip here to my house from that pavement heaven, some of yall call the highway. Maybe ya will have such examples up and posted.

As a suggestion to yall having meetings. The previous idea of just a forums ordeal. Was the best suited one i believe. Due to people real lifes ordeals. And time in general. I would suggest have a open discussioning topic for a couple weeks, then give those that particapate in your idea a couple weeks as well to vote apon the idea. Since public meetings can be overwhelming. And some people may not like to speak in turns. And will step on the floor when someone else is speaking. I feel as what is stated in the above is a great idea for yall's begining purposes. Please take no offense to anything I stated,.. There just my opinions, and just opinions or suggestions to help ya out. Im still not for this idea. Due to seeing if it will go farther and last longer then its ancestors. But only time will tell. And only that can make a change to some peoples desisions.

Regards,

Trojan Knight