Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

EL court

I personally like the idea - no way it can really work unless there is some force behind words.

For a somewhat related note - can't people constantly turning up in Outlaws forum for new offences, or conversely for false accusers, be construed as breaking the rule about not being a troublemaker?

Their actions aren't against rule, are just extremely nasty and rude - like bagjumping, disturbing training, etc. Taking this NO punishment like teleporting to PK area or making small invasion (however I would like to see some people taken such pleasent care of myself) can be consider.

212769[/snapback]

I've thought for some time now that we should have public stocks (like this )in the game. A convicted character could be restrained by the server in a fixed location, usually in the middle of a town. His sentence would be to remain there for some decreed period of time in-game. (Like reading a book - you have to be logged in.)

Since public humiliation is an integral part of this kind of punishment, his ignore list would be suspended for the duration of his sentence so he'd have to listen to the taunts of the other players.

Of course, now that I've suggested it, I'll probably be one of the first to get to try it out when it' s implemented. Like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Dave

Hmmm do you intend this to be roleplaying?

212995[/snapback]

Yes, this is for fun and roleplay, and intended for petty crimes (not rulebreaking)

I've thought for some time now that we should have public stocks (like this )in the game. A convicted character could be restrained by the server in a fixed location, usually in the middle of a town. His sentence would be to remain there for some decreed period of time in-game. (Like reading a book - you have to be logged in.)

Since public humiliation is an integral part of this kind of punishment, his ignore list would be suspended for the duration of his sentence so he'd have to listen to the taunts of the other players.

213232[/snapback]

No, that would require some "official" interaction, and if i read enyo right, this court would serve another purpose. You waive the right to post in abuse/outlaws, and instead take it up in this court of players.

213232[/snapback]

The client, not the server, handles ignore lists, which makes that option impossible.

Edited by crusadingknight

I dont think i would want to be called for jury duty when im in a middle of a big alchemy project...  :(  and as for lawyers how much gc will they be paid?

212406[/snapback]

Well, as for jury duty, that may not be the best way to do it in EL. I think judges and jury should be voluntary, and be paid automatically, for going to court. I also think books on law would be useful, and the motivation for people to buy the books would be higher pay as they reach higher ability in court.

I dont think i would want to be called for jury duty when im in a middle of a big alchemy project...  :D  and as for lawyers how much gc will they be paid?

212406[/snapback]

Well, as for jury duty, that may not be the best way to do it in EL. I think judges and jury should be voluntary, and be paid automatically, for going to court. I also think books on law would be useful, and the motivation for people to buy the books would be higher pay as they reach higher ability in court.

214290[/snapback]

Umm this is supposed to be for fun and rping.

What if the victim had to pay say 1000gc to have his case in court, and the accused would get the money if proven not guilty? That could motivate the accused to show up? ;)

Love this court thing :P

Guest Enyo
What if the victim had to pay say 1000gc to have his case in court, and the accused would get the money if proven not guilty? That could motivate the accused to show up? :hiya:

Love this court thing ;)

214759[/snapback]

oooh cool idea.. i like it. i just see EL court as something fun to do. everyone should enjoy it.. :P

214637[/snapback]

Well, it can be for fun and roleplaying, but I think it would still be neat to have books and such on it. *shrug* Just an idea.

Guest Enyo

214637[/snapback]

Well, it can be for fun and roleplaying, but I think it would still be neat to have books and such on it. *shrug* Just an idea.

214945[/snapback]

what would be the books be for .. what knowledge would they give us? because this would be more interactive than knowledge based, i dunno..

214637[/snapback]

214945[/snapback]

what would be the books be for .. what knowledge would they give us? because this would be more interactive than knowledge based, i dunno..

215123[/snapback]

Agreed. :)