Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Samanex

Help! I've Forgotten Who I Am! [SOLVED]

Go ahead, laugh!

I created a second character for experimenting with so I might not die from too many suprises with my primary adventurer. I took the new one through the tutorial started hunting before I logged him off.

When I logged him back on, I realized the clever name I gave him had escaped me. The spelling anyway, it was a play on the name "Colonel Mustard" something like Kernel_Musterd or close. Naturally I never wrote it down anywhere, so.....

Anyway, is there a list somewhere to look it up, or some way to find it and delete him so I can start another? Is it okay to let him rot away and try again?

Meanwhile, the rules don't specify anything about multiple characters so I'm assuming it's okay in the first place. It's only for my own learning of the game, not evil-doing. Thanks :whistle:

Edited by Derin

You can have a character as long as you dont interact with it (see rule # 5)

If you know the password probably easiest just to keep trying different combinations, it will only take around 5 minutes or so.

Yes you can just let him rot away, it takes up server space though so it would be nice to tell a mod

You can have a character as long as you dont interact with it (see rule # 5)

If you know the password probably easiest just to keep trying different combinations, it will only take around 5 minutes or so.

Yes you can just let him rot away, it takes up server space though so it would be nice to tell a mod

212261[/snapback]

i thought after like....2 months the server deletes the character or whoever delets the character that dont even log in for a long time ( 2 months or so..)

i thought after like....2 months the server deletes the character or whoever delets the character that dont even log in for a long time ( 2 months or so..)

212271[/snapback]

no as of now the server doesn't delete old characters.

no as of now the server doesn't delete old characters.

212272[/snapback]

It deletes only when asked to, when we upgraded to 1.1.0 lots of old characters were deleted.

Here's a thought - If you chatted as your other char, or harvested and had an random event happen, or even fought and died - you can look in your chat log and see there what the name is. May start from the bottom of the list, for easier. That, and the client makes a "spells_<player_name>.dat" in the EL folder... not sure if that happens when you log-in, or just when you have a spell in your quickbar, tho.

If you have forgotten both your character name and your password, then it's a tough call.

Maybe you could check your chatlog (chat_log.txt) to see if your new character said or did something. It should look something like:

<character>: Hi

#GM from <character>: Hi

[<character> @ <channel>]: Hi

or a message, like:

<character> will be pushing up the daisies!

Mother Nature got pissed off at <character>. As such, s/he lost 19 health

Thanks for the replies, all. I didn't think of looking through the client innards, and sure enough there's a .dat file with his name right there.

Meanwhile I remembered it later on; 'Kernel_Mustered'. Don't worry, I won't interact with him. He's a suicidal klutz with an IQ of 14, you'll see him from time to time bouncing off tree trunks and thumbing his nose at hogboglins, uniclopses, and gargleoils. Can't miss him, he's mustard yellow from top to toe. He grunts and smells funny.... :mace:

Thanks again!