Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Predefined Tactics

Basicaly fighting is uberboring, so I regularly come up with ingenious ideas about more violence. This time i remembered an old beat'm'up where before each fight you made a fighting macro - i.e. kick, punch, kick, kick. Here it could be slash, slash, kick, stab. The system would take into account the 31337 5|<!112 of the fighers to see if the hit was succesful. When pvpin this macro will be looped untill one's ownment.

No, theses would be predefined while out of combat. nothing to do with moving, but i do like that sug.

212218[/snapback]

check the followup I posted and linked to. it's about setting your fighting style before you fight

So instead of having a random set of fight actions, you want to be able to predefine them? How would that increase the fun?

As it is now you could very well end up with "kick, punch, kick, kick" since it is random.

In case this get implemented, there will be a diference between a punch and a kick in terms of damage and accuracy?

If not this change is just cosmetic.

Where this would work, would be the model in which there are a number of fighting styles (which could be learnt), with a matrix of relationships (think of scissor-paper-rock), such that there would always be a counter for any style. There could be weapon/armour restrictions/requirements for each style.

Thinking further about this -- choosen tactics could replace the "Book of XXX Fighting", as well as giving a reason to use certain weapons and armour combinations (as opposed to the bare hand style which predominates).

Learning new fighting styles would be akin to either the book knowledge (though could come from other sources, quests in particular), or composed by combining moves and tactics (using a system similar to the sigils for magic).

Certain monsters and animals could favour certain fighting styles ("Way of the Rabbit"...), so players would take advantage by learning and using the approprate counter style. More intelligent monsters would have to know a number of styles, and choose at random before the fight.

No need to introduce new animations, this would just be a bonus/penality to attack and defence...

Edited by trollson

Perhaps it could be like weighted attacks the player could set up, such as out of 100% of the attacks, say 20% are stabs, 5% are kicks% 25% are chops, ect and then have the game system generate a random number between 1 and 100, and 1-20 would be the stabs, 21-5 are kicks, ect.