Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ember

SPOOKIE STORYS *vote here*

Which Mystery Aurthor did you like best?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mystery Aurthor did you like best?

• Mystery Author #1
    • Mystery Author #2
    • Mystery Author #3
    • Mystery Author #4
    • Mystery Author #5
    • Mystery Author #6
    • Mystery Author #7
    • Mystery Author #8
    • Mystery Author #9
    • Mystery Author #10
    • Mystery Author #11
    • Mystery Author #12
    • Mystery Author #13
    • Mystery Author #14
    • Mystery Author #15

All works (storys/poems) Are to remain annomuse if it is found someone has been promoting there perticulare story for votes to *stuff* the poll then there work will be disquilified. All works are to be origianal any that are found to be playgerized (please tell me if i missed one that you know not to be a origanal work) will be disquilifed.

I alowed some writers to gove over the 1000 words limite and some to come in just under the 100. So please take your time and read them all fully before voting.

Please read all the submitions before voting!!! Had to be seperated into 2 post read BOTH!

And be VERY CAREFUL while voting so the poll doesnt show up or read wrong if you miss click.

If you post a replie to any of the works please only post possitive replies!

And I ask that anyone submiting any work if you post a replie make sure its in no way hinting at which you wrote or asking people to vote for a perticulare story, or have a friend asking people to do that for you. It can and will get you disqualify'd. If you are one of the writers PLEASE do not mention so either it will only prompt people questioning.

All storys/poems/works will be devided out by a colored row of ***'s

*Note to authors* if you see a typo or error in your story forums pm me the edited seletion and i will revise it all works are copy'd and pastes as is from original pm's

With all that in mind happy reading!! (posted in no perticular order)

Mystory Author #1

The cold wind lashed against the sails driving them into strange shapes as the wood creaked and groaned under the strain of the driving wind. The storm had come out of nowhere soon after they had left Corren heading for the dwarven town of Mynadar. The storm struck hard and fast blowing the little ship far off course, far away from the land it hugged. Upon the deck the crew struggled in vain against the current, trying to get the boat back onto course. Below decks the few passengers hung on to anything they could find as the ship bucked and wheeled in the water. The wood shrieked and groaned like a wounded beast as the wind twisted it into strange shapes. Near the captains quarters a lone elf by the name of Zechron sat huddled in his cloak trying to gleam the last bit of heat from his small stock of fire essences. The sounds of the storm slamming into the ship assaulted assaulting his eardrums even buried as he was under his cloak. With another roll of the ship the last of the fire essences went out. Panic filled the young elf as his world was plunged into a dark rolling mess of walls and floors. Finally gaining a semblance of balance he stood up, hands stretching out to balance himself. Reaching into a pouch he withdrew a battered book, the edges worn with frequent reading. Zechron flipped open the book, only to realise that he couldn’t read anything in the perpetual gloom. Picking up a smouldering essence he shook it.

“Come on, all I need is a bit of light.â€

Suddenly a shaft of lighting stuck the side of the ship splitting the ancient timbers in two. The rain poured into the hole as an eerie light filtered into the room. Standing silhouetted in the hole Zechron looked down at the book then back up at the hole. Across the sea, just visible through the rain was the shore of Mynadar, his destination at last. Running his fingers across the pages he mumbled to himself, his voice lost in the winds. Dropping the book he pulled out his Sigel board. Another flash of lighting lit up the area around Zechron as he ran his fingers over the board.

“Move, Change, Local, Space.†His hands touched the corresponding Sigel as he said each word. They lit up under his touch, humming with a strange power. Completing the spell the board began to vibrate as Zechron focused his mind on the not so distant shore. A final flash of lighting struck the ship above him as the spell caught and Zechron disappeared.

The warmth of the dawning sun beat down upon the clean sands of the beach. Gulls circled overhead the prone figure lying wrapped up in an almost shimmering white cape. Consciousness slowly dawned over Zechron washing away the darkness of his dreams. He stood up slowly, waves of nausea flowing over him like the sea. Finally standing up he looked around. The sun shone down on the beach of Mynadar, and the ruins of the ship he had taken here. Looking around he could see no other survivors upon the beach.

“Hello! Hello! Is there anyone there?â€

Walking up and down the beach he searched the nooks and crevices created by the wreck. Searching for most of the length of the beach Zechron failed to locate even one other body. Walking up from the beach in shock at what had happened he headed towards the not so distant town. It slowly began to dawn as odd that no one else had come to see the shipwreck, and that even on the well worn path to Mynadar there will still no people.

“Hello!†he called out again and again as he approached the town centre.

The whole town looked beautiful in the morning light, the air was crisp and clean and clear of everything. No clouds in the sky, no mist on the ground, no sounds upon the non existent wind. Panic began to run through the elf as he picked up speed running past the town centre looking for another living creature. He approached the graveyard at the end of the village, now clear of all flowers since the local council had to stop the looters. The local graves looked almost fresh from when the council had dug up the remaining flowers. The closer Zechron got to the graveyard the colder the air became. Around him ice began to form, running along the ground ahead of him like fire. His breath crystallised in the air as he ran onwards and onwards. Something was in control of his body. Struggling to stop as his body carried him onwards and closer to the open gates of the graveyard. Full blown fear spread through his body, freezing his insides as the cold bit deep into his skin on the outside. The doors rushed past him as he crossed the threshold into the graveyard. Zechron collapsed onto the floor as the hold over him was released, breath pounding in his lungs he lay on the floor panting. Silence descended over him once more, leaving Zechron alone with only the sounds of his own body to keep him company.

Suddenly the ground began to move underneath him. An unearthly wail split the silence of the graveyard. Zecrhon’s spine turned to ice as the wail grew louder until it seemed to come from all around him. The ground didn’t stop moving seemingly beating in time to some un-seen heartbeat. Struggling to his feet the lone elf stood up only see the graveyard burst open. From every grave came the living un-dead. Hands grasped onto the edge of the graves, decayed flesh hanging off them as they struggled to pull the rest of the fetid corpse out of the ground. Zechron began to run towards the exit, adrenaline pumping through his system. Hands reached out for him as he dove past the shoals of zombies around him. The groaning continued to assault his ears as the zombies tried to grab onto him. The gate still stood open, frozen in place by the strange ice that had covered the entire ground. Zechron ran onwards, jumping, dodging and diving over the un-dead as he pounded onwards towards the gate. With a final spurt of energy he leapt at the gates. Slamming into a seemingly solid wall he rebounded back into the waiting grasp of the zombies…

Mystory Author #2

To live in the backwoods just on the west side of the Orvale Mountains was to be bound to a life destitute of any action. Growing up I always had a thirst for adventure. Because of my environment, though, I had to rely solely on my imagination. After a few years of living in solitude with my mother I was the master of my own world. Mountains quaked with my tread and the dragons rose from the dead to obey my command. However it was not enough. I never felt a scale or saw real weapon.

That all changed just after the turn of my fourteenth year. I was out scouring the woods for more adventure. This time I was an elven archer with keenest eyes. Never a target missed or a foe not felled. It was my first real adventure, for not long after I began playing I found the body of a dead man on an embankment by a nearby stream. Just beside him lay the first real weapon I had ever seen – a sword. It’s pommel bore the mark of the Beast of Shattered Dreams. Little did I know then that this was the symbol, the very mark, of Mortos. It was then that the beast began its search for me.

My new find inspired me to greater things. I left home for Fort Hallgan and enlisted to become a soldier. With other soldiers around me and a change in location it would be difficult for the Beast to track me, I was safe. After years of training and military school I was transferred to White Stone for my official assignment. I was to be in a squad for special assignments. We were at the beck and call of Lord White Stone himself. Even during this time the Beast continued to close in on me. There were times when I could almost hear its grating growl in the night as it searched for me.

We began to take on missions, then. Our squad traveled the continent and even once went to Irrillion. That threw Mortos’ minion off the trail for a long time. I hadn’t heard its taunting snarl in almost a year when we got a fairly important assignment to Naralik.

“Sir Durham,†A returning scout addressed me, “the first floor of the catacombs is clear of most everything and Naralik is likewise devoid of life. It’s eerie, like all the monsters knew we were coming.†I surveyed the sky from where we were in southern Morcraven and noticed the moon phase.

“It’s the eve of the hollow,†I told my men. “They are probably gathering to do their dastardly deeds. The eve of the hollow is the night when the dark god’s influence is greatest in the world. Be prepared for anything and remember our mission: Get a flask of Dead Water from the pools in the depths of the Naralik Catacombs. If we get separated that’s what you do and meet back at Fort Caladak two days from now.â€

That is when I heard the first of them, just as we set off into Naralik. It was almost an inaudible noise that sounded like a misplaced step, the kind of sound that makes the hair on the back of ones neck stand on end. I checked the surrounding area for anyone following but to no avail. It still felt as if we were being stalked. Then, the growl. So low it was almost a whisper.

It was closer than it had ever been before. Never had it tracked me on an assignment. Changing regions had always thrown it off. It was getting smarter. I feared for our mission, the life of Lord Whitestone’s daughter was at risk. We had to get the Dead Water in order to cure with a disease called the blight.

I had no choice but to continue on. A fog had rolled into the region, with it came a light green luminescence. The fog was so dense it seemed to be taking on shapes. It was the work of the dark gods and their vile practices. It was difficult for us to make our way to the ruins of the catacombs. The beast now began to whisper in a foreign language. Its words guttural and without meaning to me, yet the chilled to the bone.

Ggggrrrrruuuuuuuu arrrrrgghhh gggingden die

Once there, we descended. However, it wasn’t like the scout had said, the catacombs were crawling with monsters. Goblins and orcs turned when they heard my boots hit the floor. I, being the first one down, was surprised almost to immobility. Had I not acted and not already had my weapon drawn we wouldn’t have stood a chance.

Torrents of monsters lurched forward to cut me down and slay those still descending. Thanks to the nature of the sword I had found as a boy I was able to stem the tide until my fellow soldiers were able to gain their footing. We fought our way through the throng, knowing that turning back was not an option. Half of our six man squad fell by the time we had worked our way through. Now we turned and ran for the hatch leading down to the pools and emerald vein. Strangely the monsters did not follow, more whispers and growls. It was closing in on me.

Finally at our destination, each of those left filled our flasks with Dead Water. As we turned to begin our return it struck. Before anyone could react our torches faltered their light sputtering. As the light returned the rest of my squad laid on the floor, bleeding.

This time it was inescapable. I could smell and feel the thing’s fetid breath on my neck. I could feel it’s course hair brush against my chainmail. Staring into the dark cavern I knew there would be nothing but more darkness and more running. Once again I heard its whispers, the grating growl telling me to surrender. It was time to face the demon.

eeeeeyyyyeeee aaaaaaaaaaannnnn deasch

I raised my blade and turned. The Beast of Shattered Dreams was already dead in my mind. I had only to slay it and escape. I closed my eyes and swung with all my might, as a cry of rage reverberated from my open lips. I never made contact with the beast, but before it fled it managed to sting me.

Now I stand here staring into the dark cavern once again. My torch clatters to the ground as realization hits me. The Beast of Shattered dreams gone, had flown back to where it had come. Back into the deapest recesses of my mind. The cavern gets darker as the torch I dropped to swing my blade hits the floor and winks out. In the fading light I look down at the sting from the Beast only to find it is my own blade jutting from my own chest.

My realization is this: the Beast of Shattered Dreams only shattered a dream of itself.

Mystory Author #3

the scene starts out in the isla prima tavern,tumaros is seated at a stool at the bar he is wearing leather pants boots and armor and is wielding a wooden staff,kat and slashfury are in the far corner of the room wearing full plate and serpent swords they are discussing the battle they had against a group of ogres,kala is at the bar a 3 seats down from tumaros kicking back a few pints and relaxing after a hard day of training and essence making,lord_vermor is sitting in the corner by the fire pokeing it with a stick,007 and tirashazor are sitting at a table on the other side of the room talking and laughing about something,the fire and candles in the tavern suddenly mysteriously blow out....

everyone is looking around shocked by the suddon loss of light...

007:what the heck?

tirashazor:....

kala fumbles for her glass and spils it all over the bar

tumaros:i sence a evil falling apon us

kat:it was probaly nothing dont worry

slashfury smiles:if it is something ill kill it for you

lord_vermor:did anyone hear that? i swear i heard something... im just kidding i dident hear anything... but why did all the candles and the fire go out??1!

tirashazor pulls out a fire essence and lights one candle and sets it down on the bar

kat:see nothing to worry about

007:oh my god whats that!

007 points at the mantle above the fireplace

everyone looks at the fireplace to see there is a blood smeared arrow shot above the fireplace...

tirashazor:i think id better get going....

tirashazor aproches the big wooden door and goes to turn the handle

tirashazor:....it wont turn...

slashfury:let me help you with that...

slashfury breaks the handle and lock assembly off of the door

slashfury proceeds to kick the door

slashfury:what the... it wont open its like somethings blocking it outside...

lord_vermor:does that mean we are stuck in here?

kala:as long as those 13 barrels of booze dont run out ill be fine

kat:what about the windows....

slashfury:o yeah!

slashfury runs over to the window but it appears some large rock or something is blocking it

slashfury:i guess we will need to find another way out...

lord_vermor:where... the chimny... we are stuck in here forever!

tirashazor:your a genius! pulls all of the stuff out of the fireplace

tirashazor:ill try and climb out through here since im the smallest

tirashazor climbs into the soot filled fireplace and coughs allitle

kala:your guna get all covered in soot... i cant wait to see this

tirashazor starts to climb up as the others look up the chimny as he is climbing he gets up far enough so he cant be seen anymore...

tirashazor:uhh guys... i think im stuck...

kala busts out laughing

tumaros:can you see the outside?

tirashazor:no its just black

kat:how are we supposed to get you out of there?

lord_vermor:i guess we have to wait a few days till he gets skinnier from not eating and slides out...

tumaros:poor soul i wish we could help him

tirashazor lets out a scream

tirashazor:somethings clawing my face!!

tirashazor:what is tha...

tirashazor starts screaming again this time twice as loud his screams of pain finaly die out

everyone runs to the chimney and looks up it to see if hazor was ok... droplets of blood were rolling slowly down the walls of the chimney

007:thats just gross

kat:what..what was that?

slashfury:dont worry ill protect us

kala poors another glass of mead

kala:cheers to the brave little gnome

kala loses her balance slightly and puts her hand on one of the barrels of mead to steady herself.. the barrels fall down onto the floor revealing a secret passage...

007:i think thats another way out...

007:im not sticking around any longer either

007 runs over to the hole in the wall and dives headfirst into the hole but his gut gets stuck in the hole...

lord_vermor:nice one....

what everyone doesent realize is that the candle on the bar tipped over lightning kala's spilled mead on fire

tumaros:uhhh i think the bars on fire...

kat:hurry try and put it out

slashfury runs over and takes kalas glass of mead out of her hand and throws it on the fire not realizing that mead is flammable...it spills all over the floor and stools in front of the bar...

slashfury:darn it!

kala:hey i was going to drink that!

007:whats going on....

kat:hurry help me push 007 through the hole befor the whole place goes up!

slashfury:gladly

slashfury kicks 007 until he is forced onto the other side of the wall

kat:hurry get through!

kat helps everyone in the bar through the hole in the wall

lord_vermor:where are we?

007:on the other side of the wall...

lord_vermor: no i mean what is this place...

007:uhh i dont know...i cant really see

kala:wait ive got a fire essence and a candle

kat:where did that come from...

kala:hazors lifeless corpse

tumaros:dont you have any respect for the dead??!!

kala:what he wasent using it anymore!

slashfury looks at kat:these people are wierd....

kala lights the candle and now you can see corpses dangling from the walls and ceilings

everyone gasps except kala

kala:they are just dead bodies... i mean hazor just died like a little while ago why is this so suprising?

tumaros:there is like 100 bodies!! isent that a little creepy to you at all?

kala:not really...

lord_vermor:wait a second what are these doing here anyway?

kala's candle goes out... a struggle can be heard... kala gets the candle relit and everyone is in shock

tumaros:oh my god....

lord_vermors body well whats left of it lies spewn across the floor one of his legs is still moving slightly

slashfury:there is no way anyone or anything could have gotten in this room and did all that the second that candle went out...

tumaros:why did the candle go out in the first place... werent you paying attention kala?

kala:uhhh well

slashfury:what if she did it on purpose! she probaly put out the candle with her hand and charged lord vermor...

kat:slash dont jump to conclutions now wouldent her hand be burnt if she put out the candle we dident see her blow it out

slashfury:yes kala lets see your hands

kala:no

slashfury:why not?

kala:uhhh... i cant ok?!!

slashfury:because you killed lord_vermor!!!

tumaros:yes she probaly wanted to kill him and get his vast wealth!

kat:she doesent have a wepon or anything.. how could she have done that*points at lord_vermors lifeless carcass*

slashfury:she probaly has a wepon

a light flickers across the room

tumaros:what was that!

slashfury:hey look a way out of here!

kat:i just want to leave this place now!

everyone runs to the way out of the tavern

they end up far away from the tavern in a forest

tumaros:hey whats that carved into that tree

everyone walks over to a tree covered in blood with some carvings in it

kat:maybe the people that live around here wrote that

slashfury:too bad we cant read it

kala:i can read it

tumaros:what how?

kala:i learned how to distiguish gliphhs like this

slashfury:whats it say?

kat:judging by the blood its probaly something bad...

kala:it says follow the stars to the arms of god

tumaros:uhh so they tell us the way home?

kala:i guess...

kat:at least it dident say we were going to die

slashfury:im not dieing without a fight

kat:does anyone know astronomy?

kala:i do

kat:well youll have to lead us out of here...

kat:wait a second...

slashfury:what is it?

kat:where is 007?

slashfury:kala probaly killed him

the wind gusts for a few seconds...tumaros spots something in a nearby tree...

tumaros:what is that up in that tree??!!

kat:oh my god thats 007!!

007's body dangles in a noose in the highest branch in a tall tree

tumaros:this is madness we must kill her befor she kills us!

kala:i dident kill anyone!

kat:wait she is the only one that can guide us out of here

slashfury:ill be watching you!!

just as he says that tumaros jumps forward and ripps slashfury's serpent sword from his hand and slits his throught

kat:nooo slash how could yo....

befor kat finishes her last word tumaros slashes her throught her lifeless body falls next to slashfury's

kala stands stunned looking at tumaros... tumaros spins around and holds the sword to kala throught...

kala:you killed everyone!! and then i got blamed for it!!!

tumaros:muhaha

kala:why

tumaros:you want to know why??

kala:yes!! why!!

tumaros:because i love watching them screaming in pain it brings me great pleasure

kala:ill never let you kill me!

tumaros:remember ive got the sword!

kala jerks backwords away from the sword

tumaros:you are a better fighter than i thought!

kala kicks the sword out of tumaros' hand and then proceeds to pummel tumaros with punches... tumaros slowly moving backwords away from kala...he trips over slashfury's dead body and falls on the ground

kala picks up the serpent sword she knocked onto the ground and grasps it in her hands

tumaros starts laughing

kala:whats so funny

tumaros:that wart on your hand... you must be a witch

kala:i am a witch your the first person to figure it out.. and the last!

kala drives the serpent sword deep into tumaros' body.. she then pulls out a broomstick and rides it into the thick black sky

Mystory Author #4

It was a black, cheerful night. Morumi walked tip-tapp tip-tapp on his way home. Days have passed since he left home, the little house, the herd. He was recruiting, but out of luck this time – noone in the Whitestone tavern interested, except…

White Stone was empty as the libyan flag. All green and hollow, sucked the senses dry. Eyes dry, mouth dry, tongue dry, lungs dry – champagne, always dry, well, demi sec perhaps, but if so: pas beaucoup.

Tonight it was more for sure, out of control, beaucoup, actually. That dwarven witch! Amongst the townsfolk she was bit of a joke, but she pulled the best beer in town. After a few pints, champagne is a campaigne against human brain.

„Uh-oh, i feeeel dizzy. BORARRUM!†cried out little Morumi pointing his nine fingers on an enourmous tree, stood there paralized for seconds, then rolled on the floor laughing.

„I’m old, dear orchan, but now you die here!†a deep voice replied from the distance or just next to him. „Whadda..?!†Morumi jumped on his feet, stared at the majestic giant tree, felt his blood rushing through his veins, washed the senses keen and clean.

He felt fear beyond fear, the ultimate fear, the grandfather of all fears burning icy in his stomach, like a self-made champion on the edge of a foreign sword, wearing full plate, the very second he realizes, that all his magic failed today and Molgor has all the rostogol rocks. „I’m losing all†- echoed in his whole tiny body. He didn’t exactly know by the way what „all†for him really means, but he wanted to getta hell outta there as fast as no man can. He ran through the spooky forest just like horses on the ancient paintings: feet never even touched the ground.

It was a dark, cheerful night. The bats have left the belltower. Nordcarn, the once powerful city was like a beggars pocket; Emptyness, her lips of tragedy whistled with the wind, a gentle breeze threw ashes of a better future in the tired eyes of the microscopic man. „Dirt…blackout. I am a fool. A blind fool.†Heard footsteps from behind. A scent of rotten… flesh? Morumi fell on the floor wiping his eyes, the sidewalk echoed his pain with pure crystal voices.

„Inhale.. Keep breathing.. Exhale.†He remembered his mother kept flowers in her room, at night they were all a-nodding, but the windows were closed! One foggy dawn – he was a big boy, six winters old – he opened that door, and he walked inside. He said: „Mother…†„Yes, son?†„I want to kill you.†The young woman just awoke, rose her head from the pillow: „Then gimme a hug big boy, soo where is that kiss? Who disturbed your sleep my dear little flower?†He slept beside her like a cold knife.

The dust in his eyes got wet with tears, he whispered: „Mother, i want to..â€

„Mr. Morumi, you are looking for someone, I suppose.†– a dark figure with black-hooded cape rose above him. „A female, I guess.†The scent of rotten…apple. He was lying besides a bucket of rotten fruits, he wanted to get rid of that mess, but travellers often sit there and..harvest them.

„I was following you from the tavern, but since you’re a fast little fellow, i lost you at the big tree, i shouted with anger: „I own a deer you want, but i won’t ride her!†heheh.. You know the forest well, all the shortcuts, don’t ya? So, let me introduce you Sylvia. She will be a perfect partner for your male deer. The new breed will have even softer fur, just try to stroke her back a bit…â€

„Yes, beautiful eyes..†Morumi was fallen again like a rock. Dead.

Mystory Author #5

THE RAIN NEVER TOUCHED ME

As usual, maxley was training in Nordcarn. It was becoming something of a chore, fighting off wolf after wolf. Almost boring.

"Hey!"

Maxley turned to see his good friend Acres, who was dripping wet from head to toe

"Where have you been?" Maxley laughed, taking his fur cape off and offering it to the elf

Acres gave him a bemused look "What do you mean 'where have I been...." suddenly his eyes misted over, in sudden realisation "Why aren't you wet?" He slung the cape over his shoulders

Maxley opened his mouth to point out the obvious fault- it wasn't raining.

The problem was.. yes, it was

The sky's were weeping, yet Maxley was perfectly dry

"I don't know....." he said, shocked "It IS raining...."

Acres opened his mouth to say something, but Maxley grew distracted by a sudden growl behind him. Turning to face another, snarling wolf, he drew his Sword, preparing fdor the beasts charge

"What the HELL are you doing, Max?" Acres asked

"What does it look like?" the human snorted "I'd rather not be dinner here...."

Acres leant over his friends shoulder and squinted, as though he couldn't see the creature.

"It's lucky for you that I'm here...." Maxley guffawed, the strange rain forgotten. The wolf leapt forwards and Maxley effortlessly pushed his blade into its flesh, impaling the attacking beast

Acres turned around "What are you doing Maxley?"

Maxley started to answer, but caught sight of a flesh coloured stump of an object lying in the Blue lupines. He strolled over, fearful. He wasn't sure why

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Acres back to his friend "You're acting REALLY strange....." he looked around. There was no sign of Maxley

"MAXLEY?" he called "Where are you...MAXLEY? THIS ISN'T FUNNY!"

Acres shrugged and took a vial from his bag, already prepared. Teleporting here had taken a lot of energy. He grabbed for a blue lupine from the ground

He stopped, aatching sight of what was unarguably a leg amongst the flowers. Without hesitation, he scooped up the bloody limb....or the part of it

There was a tatoo on it...A fox

Maxleys tatoo

Mystory Author #6

Mirror

The house was always a bit strange. Even the eldest people in Grahm's Village hadn't remembered anybody living in it. This is not what made this house strange, though. What was really abnormal in it, was the fact that no animals were seen near it – except birds. Large, black creatures flying around it whole day and night. Their croaking was something what made even the bravest to run in the night time.

If one asked villagers about the house he could always hear one sentence – 'this house is cursed by gods, don't go there – ever'. Even this warning didn't prevent fools from going there and entering it. None of them had ever been seen again. None, except one.

Only one person came back from the House of Crows. This story is a record of his memories – or at least these pieces of them that survived the nightmare. His tormented mind had not fully recovered after the time he spent in the hell house. Nor did his soul.

'I was young and stupid. They had warned me, but I did know better. I don't remember much of the time before I passed the gate of this doomed mansion.

'Each day I have nightmares in which I hear the croaking again and again and again... I see them in my dreams, the evil spirits ruling that place. I can hear the voices of spirits trapped there forever. I know I shall not escape my destiny and my destiny is getting back to this house.

'The nightmare had not started right after I got into this house. No... they are too smart for this. They won't touch you until it's too late to run away.

'First what I heard were whispers – 'Come to us.... Help us.... We need you.... Free us....'. If you hear them you know it's too late to escape. You are doomed. Your soul belongs to them. You will never leave this house completely. It will be in you and you... you will belong to it... forever.

'The whispers were in my head. I felt them even in my heart. 'Come to us.. come to us'. I had not realized when I made my first step on the stairs leading to the attic. I realised I heard the croaking lauder than ever before.

'This was the first time I looked around. All the house was buried in dust. The darkness around was so thick that I felt it flowing around me and sticking to me like cobwebs. The darkness was sticking to me... it was the first time I felt the fear.

'Cold sweat was all over my body. I started to pray to Aluwen, but... I knew it was senseless – the house was forgotten by all gods.

'I tried to fight with the call that pushed me to go upstairs, but it was stronger than me. I heard something following me, like wings slowly moving in the air. I smelled the blood, death and something else.... something that made my teeth clang.

'The whispers in my head started to get louder and louder... they became painful.

'Then... then I heard something new, the voice screaming to me 'Run you fool, run... run you still have a chance... run!'

'The gods only know that I tried. I did everything I could but my feet didn't want to stop, my body didn't listen to me...

'I saw the top of the stairs. The whispers suddenly silenced. I heard only the shrieking of these damn crows. I could smell them...

'Suddenly I felt that something was waiting for me... I felt its infinite hunger. The darkness around me was almost tangible. More and more was moving behind me...

'I was still trying to escape, but all my efforts were useless and didn't have an effect. The feeling of the presence of something waiting for me was getting stronger and stronger.

'It was something I had not felt ever before and ever after. Only in my dreams...

'It was absolutely alien. Not evil, no... It was beyond something like evilness or goodness. It wasn't even hostile, it was just so hungry.

'I don't remember much from the time after this. The only thing I remember is the shriek of the voice that tried to warn me. It was louder than everything. It was stronger even than the force pushing me forward.

''The mirror... use the mirror' it shouted. What mirror, I asked in my mind. I looked around and saw it. The small mirror on the wall.

'There was something strange in it. It didn't reflect the darkness of the house. It was more like the house ages before, when the monstrosity had not made its home there.

'I managed to move toward it. I almost touched it, when the strange presence in the house attacked my will again. It was so strong... I couldn't move again. I knew the mirror was the way to freedom.

'I was yelling in pain... but... but I still couldn't get to it. Then for the last time the strange shout got through all barriers and... I couldn't remember what had happened then.

'I woke up in the forest surrounding the mansion. I couldn't remember anything from the previous night.

'The next years were really good for me. Even the croaking of the crows wasn't bad, but... a couple of years ago, I felt the presence again. In my dreams. I know it's waiting for me.

'Now I'm ready. I'm just waiting for last sign and then...

This is the end of the story of the old man. A few days after I wrote it, he disappeared. The day after, all birds of the old house suddenly flew away.

The house changed... it looked just like a normal, old house. Maybe more ruined than other around, but... all the strange aura around it just vanished.

Mystory Author #7

The blessed Queen of Nature a party decided,

A night filled with glib activity.

Guests from all Seridia to be invited,

To celebrate a traditional festivity.

Lontas tried to play a waltz,

But someone unknown invited the Ants,

Lord Vermor opened the skeleton vaults,

And they all made it hard to dance.

Yet the Queen quite refused

The Mother of Nature to invite,

Feeling her pride to be bruised

When arrived, she began to smite.

Swarms of bees appeared and stung,

The Queen as always blessed and kissed,

Doctor's remote healing begun,

Which made Mom even more pissed.

You may think it funny or unlucky,

Instead of finding a rostogol,

Invisible walls collapsed on many,

Finding them one rings to rule them all.

The dust settled, the debris cleared,

And several BR's were passed round,

But it was as everyone had feared,

Once again, the Joker could not be found.

God then said deeply,

The party was at end:

"A Grue hath eaten Entropy

and Grum, his little friend.

Mystory Author #8

CAUTION:

The group was all together again, sitting around the camp fire sharing jokes, wine, and bits of roasted meat. Most of the faces are familiar, though, a few new strangers are seated amongst them who just wanted to belong. Still you feel edgy. A chill creeps its way up your back as the cold fall air blows in rustling through the trees and bushes.

CRACK.

Its just the wind you tell yourself, just the wind. You stand up to double check as noone else seems to have heard or noticed the noise. They were all to busy lost in their converstions that they dont even notice you leave the ring of of fire light and fade into darkness.

Its odd but your sences seem heightened, the dead grass seems to thunder as it crunches under your boot. A cloud passes over the moon casting you into utter darkness. Bitterly you wish someone had noticed you get up and tagged along, even someone completely new.

CRASH!

Your heart leaps to your throat! No mistaking it this time. Something or someone was hiding in the bushes. Your hand moves swiftly to your side groping for your titianum long only to clasp air. Curses slip from your mouth as you remember the troll who ate your sword just earlier that day. Quickly you glance around and grab a large stick from the ground just feet from the bush now. Every muscle in your back tenses as you prepare to whack the bush into shreds. Just as your arm gets to the point where its going to come crashing down something leaps from the bush, a black void springing straight for your throat!

Thrashing your arms, you mindlessly drop your weapon and tumbling backwards triping over the 'weapon' you just dropped. Laying flat on your back the void of black smashes into your chest and your eyes struggle to focus.

Its a white rabbit. Just a stupid white rabbit. It pounces off and into the darkness. It was more frightened of you than you were of it.

Sighing you feel stupid and glad no one had tagged along after all. Silently your able to slip back into the campfire light unnoticed. Saddened that no one even noticed you leave or return. Your eyes linger to the fire watching the red and orange flames dance, as everyone else is bursting with energy and chatting, sharing stories of conquest and wine with each other. It seems as if you are being completely ignored.

THRASH!!! CRASH!!! THUMP!!!

Everyone leaps to thier feet this time with you

"Who's ..." Your cut off by serval other people shouting out the same thing you were just about to say.

"Who's there!?" A mixture of fear and curiosity mingled threw out their request.

What ever it was, it wasn't talking and it was LARGE and LOUD. It didnt seem to be frightened by the gathering of people as it lurched closer. Gasps where drawn in as it hit the edge of the cape fire light.

Standing just over 6 feet tall it was SHE-TUMA!!!

Roaring laughter could be heard all around. That silly elf had gone and stuffed his shirt with socks again. Strutting around pretending to be a female. Addressing no one and everyone all at once.

"I am sooooooo pretty soooooo sexy!!" She-Tuma was drawing in all the attention and providing all of the nights entertainment, taking your mind off all the other matters you where thinking about.

Finaly the fire was dying out and sleepy dwarfs were stumbling off for their home in the Valley. Until finaly it was just Hazor, Tuma, Moonie, and the rest of the gang the last of the stragglers were gone. Standing, Tuma removed the socks from his shirt dropping them next to where he had been sitting.

"A serous toast now between friends."Tuma raised his bottle of wine as did everyone else, but you found yourself with out a bottle, you realize you haven't drank or eaten anything at all since getting here.

"To our fallen comrad Memories!"

You... Are... Memories

Mystory Author #9

Gaia

There once was a young girl on Isla Prima. This young girl had an intense love of the creatures on the island. Especially the young rabbits, which loved to frolic in the woods. She spent lots of time taking them to her home and protecting them from the travelers who loved to hunt for their skins. Over time she began to host a rather large group of happy little bunnies. The locals knew they could have made a small fortune on her pets, but the town loved her, and left her in peace.

Several years passed, the girl who the locals had begun to call Gaia, due to her love of living things, had moved into a secret cave on the island. It was not by chance she had found the cave, but because a kindly gnome had taken pity on her problem of finding room for her pets, so he revealed the entrance to her. In this cave she spent much time with her bunnies, and had even tamed a once vicious white rabbit, one of incredible strength with pointy…sharp…teeth.

Gaia came home one day to a most wonderful surprise. Her dearest uncle, Grum the bard had come for a visit. Grum was a famous man in his own right, having become the foremost scholar on history and lore. He picked her up ruffled her hair, her parents looked on fondly. “Gaia I have a surprise for you! I’m going to be making my famous stew, and don’t worry, its meat is fish.†Later that night they dined on the delicious stew and slouched contently in their chairs.

On full stomachs they all slept soundly. In the morning Gaia awoke to silence. She rolled out of bed and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. She thought it strange that she was alone, but it was likely that everyone had simply gone for a walk. She slipped on her robe and snuck to her secret cave. She lit the torch on the wall and let out a silent scream. All across the cave were the bloody remains of her pets. Bones were sticking out of skin, some still twitching with their last gasps of breath as they had been skinned alive. The strange white bunny appeared to be slightly wounded but would pull through, whoever did this at least got a beating at his hand as blood not its own was dripping from its fangs and it one of his eyes was swollen shut where he had been bludgeoned repeatedly. She picked him up and stroked him gently

With great will she held back her vomit as she put the last remaining out of their misery. The white bunny growled but relaxed as the cries of the other bunnies finally ended. Gaia feeling as though her own life had been taken finally broke down and wept. She began her slow trek home. As she got nearer the evidence of something being cooked could be smelt. She wiped her tears on the back of her hand and stepped inside. Grum was standing over the stove stirring a pot. “Gaia! What is wrong dear you look horrible!†Gaia held back a sniffle and told him all that had happened. She stroked the head of the white bunny that she had decided was better off out of the cave.

“Where are my parents?†Gaia asked, suddenly realizing they were not there. Grum smiled at her. “They went to find some herbs for me my dear. I am cooking you a very special meal today.†“What are you going to cook uncle?†Grum looked her in the eyes as he reached for something in his jacket. “Rabbit Stew my dear.†Gaia felt her blood chill as he pulled a skinning tool out of his jacket. “NO! Uncle if this is your idea of a joke it isn’t funny! I want to speak to father!†Grum laughed manically as he grabbed her by the shirt collar. “I told you, I sent them for herbs… only when they got back I didn’t want to take it out of their pockets.†Gaia tried to shrink away from his grip. “What did you do with them you monster!?†He smiled. “Rabbit stew my dear… rabbit stew!â€

He grabbed the white bunny the scruff of its neck and began to push the edge of his skinning tool into its scalp. But it was at this moment that the bunny turned on him and lunged for his throat, in one quick motion he ripped out Grum’s throat and began to tear away at the flesh on his face. Grum fell over dead as the bunny ripped him to shreds, spewing bits of blood and muscle tissue across the room. Gaia stood up and something in her snapped. All her years of hiding, all her years of protecting these creatures finally made her instincs unhinge themselves. She opened the door and spoke to the bunny. “Come my sweet. I shall call you Fluffy. I think it is time we paid the locals a visit.†Fluffy cooed contently as she ushered him out the door. The screams rent the night as Fluffy unleashed the terrible wrath of it’s master. And in the morning the sea ran red….

The End

Edited by Ember

posting was to long for one post had to brake into 2 posts

Mystory Author #10

It seemed like just another day in WhiteStone City for Farmer Bob.

Sure, he was only staying in town for a week while he sold his crops, but he had done the same every year since he was a wee lad following his father around the markets, looking at all the new farming tools, all the shiny trinkets (it was market week, afterall), and all the ladies not wearing much as the nights got late (didn't they get cold?).

That night at the tavern turned out to be different than any other, however. It started the same; Farmer Bob got his same seat, the same drink, got an invitation from one of those scantily clad women(well, now he knew why they wore so little), though not the same one as any previous night, and nibbled from the same bowl of stale nuts.

But just on midnight, all the lights went out. Now, candles, you could expect to be blown out... but not a roaring fireplace and enclosed oil lanterns. All were startled, some of the burliest and gruffest men whimpering... then a pale green light appeared, coming from the fog that had rolled in.

Then, just as suddenly as it had come, the fog was gone, and, strangely enough, the fireplace, candles, and lanterns were lit and burning happily. No-one in the tavern even remembered that anything strange had happened... but one person remembered... Farmer Bob... no longer in the tavern.

Farmer Bob was now hidden deep in the temple of Selain... and what Slypho did to Farmer Bob is better left unsaid... Sylpho's motives... still unknown... suffice to say, it is not something Farmer Bob enjoyed. Not in the least.

And as you may imagine, Sylpho, priest to the god of summoning, knew how to raise Farmer Bob from the dead, as a servant of his evil machinations. Sylpho miscalculated, however, and Farmer Bob did not return from one of his errands out of the temple. Over time, he regained some small measure of self-control, and tried to return to his farm, the only real home he had ever known.

To this day, after midnight in rural Tarsengaard, a shadowy figure may be seen running from travellers... for when you are a Recovering Zombie, you never know when the temptation of Selain will come to you, in one of a great many forms. If you are quiet and patient, though... You may see him return to the fields he works by silent moonlight... not noticing nor caring that no crops grow

Mystory Author #11

That Day In White Stone

Yes, my friends. Yes, indeed. It all happened 13 years ago, when I was still young. It was that day; the day it all happened. I’m not sure how I’ll be able explain, but I’m going to try my best.

I was just coming from the Tarsengaard Storage, another normal day. I passed through the Forest of the Fall, another usual scene. I thought I was going towards Mira, the Potions Seller, but soon I realised White Stone was different. I looked around, nothing but trees. My heart was pounding; it wasn’t the usual beat though. The unusual chill which generally meant something spooky was going on ran down my spine. Something was not right. I yelled for help, but nothing came out of my mouth. My legs were trembling, twice as fast as its usual speed. I tried to run, but my legs did not move.

Yes, my friends. Yes, indeed. It was that day, 13 years ago, that unusual day, when the brown leaves on the ground suddenly flew towards me, towards my legs, towards my face. I fell to the floor, covered my face. I prayed to god, I begged for help, but it was no use. I opened one of my eyes to see if it had stopped, I wish I hadn’t. It became worse, the trees were coming towards me, and it was very unusual. My heart was still pounding. But then I remembered. It was that day, that day 13 years ago. It was that day! 13 years ago. 13!

Yes, my friends, yes indeed. It was that day, 13 years ago. It was… it was Halloween.

Mystory Author #12

The Booming Roar tears through my ears then penetrates like waves to the rest of my body,

screams of utter pain shrill through the trees then stops.My stomach churns as sweat rolls down my cheeks.i breathe deeply and surely.

The cobbled bridge stretches over the water and disappears into the ground, dark with just a glint of moonlight streaking through the cracks of the clouds

slow heavy footsteps echoe from around the corner of the stone clad castle.louder and louder then it stops.

light reflects from the stairs that path the way to the majestic solid oak doors.

a flashback enters my mind making me remember the travellers telling their stories of giant stones coming to life

and walking the realms of whitestone was it just myth? surely thats impossible we thought then dismissed it as another rambling maybe i should have listened. the grating starts again

As panic starts to ensue me again i run to the doors of the castle. without much force one door creaks open, a foul stench eminates

up through my nose, i drop to my knees onto the carpet covered floor, sick and lightheaded i stand, rumbles of a low sound vibrate the walls

dim light starts to brighten. as more light pours in , silhouettes form the grating sound of stone rubbing stone continues to haunt me i rub my hands along the wall in the vain hope of finding another way out

i look ahead as i see two little lights coming from a bat shaped shadow i look deeper and the twolights widen and brighten.. eyes stare right back at me. i freeze, my every muscle is tight, too tight cold solid stone wraps around me pinning me shearing pain and agony enthrall me as the cold sharp blade plunges through my chest, i splutter gasping for the last breath of precious air...

Mystory Author #13

The 4 who weren’t there

On a quite ordinary-looking day in a land called Seridia a gnome called TirasHazor was rudely awakened from his daily nap by a tiny screaming thing that took the form of his fellow gnome MoonShadow as Tiras opened his eyes. MoonShadow was apparently bored to death and was looking for something to do. “Meep!†said Tias “I know what we’re going to do!â€. Moonie gave Tiras a puzzled look. “Well, will you let me in on your devious plan as well then, kind sir?†he asked Tiras mockingly. Haz glared at his friend for a moment and then mumbled: “Just follow me you smartass. You’ll like it.. I know I will..â€

At the same time Lord Tidus was having a nice cup of tea with his mortal enemy Lord Vanyel. They had agreed on a truce for the night as neither of them were very thrilled about spending the night, when the dead walk the earth, alone. Both of them insisted on it merely being practical and spending the night together had nothing to do with being scared.

Having noticed Tidus was fast asleep in his chair Vanyel thought he should get some more firewood and then turn in for the night. He took his trusted thermal and went out the door as quietly as his clumsy draegoni form allowed him.

Vanyel was plodding sleepily through the forest, that their house was safely hidden in, looking for branches when he suddenly heard a noise. He froze for a moment that seemed like an eternity to him and listened. Everything was quiet when all of a sudden *EEEEEEEEEEEEK* cut through the silence. The lord ran instinctively towards the voice. Having run around the corner he bumped into something that made him back down with horror in his eyes. He stumbled and fell, eyes still locked in one place. The feeling of the texture of a silky smooth skull under his hand on the ground injected panic into his blood and he began frantically trying to get away. He felt every muscle in his body cramping up. But then suddenly all became quiet and calm again. As if Vanyel had never been there at all.

Two walking gnomes who had strolled away from the path that led to Lady Kala’s and Lord Wytter’s places, had also reached enchanted forest. The shadows were growing and the trees seemed to becoming alive as they were walking deeper into the forest both deep in their own thoughts. Hearing a scream and some other noises they started running towards a house that was near by. Tiras fell and broke his glasses while Moonie kept running not having noticed Tiras was no longer with him. Without a second thought he stormed in the door of the house thinking that is where the noise had come from. To his surprise at the same moment he found a cold blade against his throat eager to send him to the underworld. Though before he could even react he heard a familiar voice whispering in his ear: “God you scared me. Vanyel is gone, I thought he changed his mind about the truce but I can’t find him anywhere. I think there is something evilful going on here that our simple minds don’t understand.â€

The gnome however did not hear a single word Tidus was saying. He became more and more horrified by every passing moment because he realized Tiras was no longer with him. With a mixture of guilt and fright Moonie ran off into the forest calling for his friend. All he found were Haz’s broken glasses. As Tidus caught up with Moonie he started dragging the gnome back to the house angrily mumbling “You can’t run off like that. If we split up we have no chance of surviving the night!†Finally the human let the gnome fall on the ground. A split second after Moonie touched the ground they felt an uncomfortable touch of cold against their skins and saw them selves being wrapped into white light as if it had happened in slow motion.

They found themselves in familiar surroundings and to their surprise sitting next to their 2 unconscious friends that they had lost. They were in Wytter’s house. “You are incredibly lucky you were let off with a scare.†Wytter said calmly with a relieved look on his face. “Maybe now you’ll think twice about going to the forest on the night of Halloween.â€

To this day no one really knows what lurks around the forests of Seridia on Halloween. Not even those who have lived to tell the stories. All they know is that *IT* does not have a sense of humor.

Mystory Author #14

The Manuscript

I long have explored the dark passages that cross this continent – the caves and mines and tombs to heroes long forgotten. But try as I might, I cannot forget what I saw in the southern mine of Nordcarn.

I was wandering the ruins, when I found a worn manuscript, faded in age. What I could read said, “Beware the lake, and the secrets it holds.†This struck me as odd, but the natural wanderer, I had to see for myself.

It was then that I found myself on a wooden pier, overlooking a lave in the midst of the mine. Finding a small boat nearby, I decided to row out, and see if I could find anything. What I found darkens my nights even now.

I’d rowed far enough from the shore that I could no longer see the pier. I took a red potion and poured it in the water, as to find the current. The potion seemed to settle in the spot where I’d poured it, and then sink. Then the waters turned.

It felt as if the waters were fleeing out from under my boat, and then I saw it – the most horrendous thing I'd ever seen. It was as tall as the mountains, and had skin like oil and mud. Its voice rang with doom, and its tail trashed the waters. It smelled of death and rotting flesh. Its eyes were crimson, and its face was contorted.

With a fury I rowed toward the shore again, carefully dodging the lunging of its massive head. With a flip of its tail, I was thrown and the boat destroyed. I began to swim away; but the waves it stirred kept trying to pull me under. It was then something struck me in the head, and I blacked out.

I awoke after what seemed an eternity, on the shore of that lake, laying where I had found that manuscript. The sea appeared calm, betraying none of the struggle I had gone against. I’d walked to the pier I’d set out from, and found the boat in pristine condition – I’d sworn it was destroyed.. Even the potion I’d poured out was still with me – still full and corked. The only thing left to betray what had happened was the manuscript I held in my hand – only, now it seemed to tell of everything I’d just seen…

Mystory Author #15

The night grew still...

an owl hooted in the distance...

a single person was walking on the shadowed streets of Idaloran he was the town watch-man, taking his usuall shift. He was nearing a house on the edge of town. This was "Old Man Kilarian's House",

the house of one of the descendants form Carmien Manor. He had come from Seridia to live on Irilion. He bought a brand-new house by the edge of town, a solitary place. After about a decade living there, on a night just like the one the watch-man was walking, a scream rang out into the night. The watch man came infront of the house, and then he heard a scream. "What?!?" He was startled, and realized it came from the house. He went up to the door, and knocked. No answer. He knocked again. No answer. He started to turn, and then the door creaked open. "Hello?!?" he called out. No answer. Then, another scream came from upstairs. He ran up the stairs, and came to a corridor. He looked. Nothing. He saw four doors. He burst into one. A bedroom, looked like it hadn't been used in ages. He went into the next room. A wash-room. A bath-tub, a bucket, a sink. Nothing. He checked the next two rooms. Nothing. He slowly approached the door at the end of the corridor. Another scream. Louder. He slowly opened the door. He saw a small room, a single windo with moon-light pouring in. And bathed in the moon-light was a kneeling gnome. But he stared. It was semi-translucent. "Wha-, Wha-, Wha-" It turned it's head a full 180 degrees. He saw two glowing red eyes. "Hello." and then, ti lurched at him. Another scream in the night.

The End.

Edited by Ember

erm...ember you really need to learn to spell a bit better...specifially

Annymous

Disqualified

Break

Original

Plagerized

and a lot of other ones i can't think of off the top of my head  :omg:

210271[/snapback]

Forgive me its late

I just got some realy bad news and i am a tat bit upset and distracted

i am doing all this for your guy's amusment and fun

erm...ember you really need to learn to spell a bit better...specifially

Annymous

Disqualified

Break

Original

Plagerized

and a lot of other ones i can't think of off the top of my head  :D

210271[/snapback]

LMAO, how can you correct someone when you get the spellings wrong yourself?

How about you be a little more polite towards other people please?

Im not saying who I voted for. Its too scary xD :)

I dont understand how 10 is in second place... it's nowhere near as good as some of the others.

210304[/snapback]

in your opinion. different people like different things. if eveyone liked the same thing, there'd be no need for a poll, would there?

guy guys please i asked for only postive posts and feed back >.< I am going to ask a mod to look threw here and HOPEFULLY clean this up =(

Some very good stories here, it is very hard to decide who to vote for.....hmmmm <_<

I won't tell which one i chose, just because they all were good to read :)

(hate having to choose right now)

Awesome job on the stories!! I liked a lot of them but can only vote for 1!! I had a good time reading them. :P

only 72 people voted out of the 500+ people who play!! to quote stormer

More Votes, please :D

only 72 people voted out of the 500+ people who play!! to quote stormer

More Votes, please :P

212860[/snapback]

Came on!!!!! ppl!!! they are exelent storys vote them!!!

(Late non-voting entry)

Lost Love of Morcraven Marsh

The warrior could not believe it when his love to be fell sick just weeks before their marriage. His love was energetic and strong, but she faded before him. He held her with his lips on hers as she breathed her last breath with her eyes looking up into his. He was sad long after her body lay buried in the Marshes of Morcraven.

For days and nights, he grieved and weeped for his love. He did not eat or sleep, but rather became obsessed with the idea, she was alive. Perhaps her family had sent her away without him knowing. Perhaps she was waiting for him to rescue her?

"She needs me, and I will find her", he told his worried guildmates. "I shall hide her from Death himself and she will love me again."

The warrior's friends tried to show him that his beloved was buried here, by the house. He would not listen, instead breaking away and plunging into the swamp. For weeks he traveled through the muck and swamp candles in his armor living off of roots and berries. At night he slept in the dank air and moonlight.

One night he came upon a lake with a wisp dancing merrily about. "It is her", he said outloud. "She yet waves to me."

He hastily built a raft of reeds he found so he could reach her before she gave up on him and went away. He then got aboard and paddled out to rejoin his lost love.

As he came to the center of the lake, the raft hit a rock, throwing him into the murky water. The weight of his armor pulled him down and he slowly drowned looking up at the lights above the water. He smiled as he felt the lips of his love embrace his one last time.

If you visit the Marshes of Morcraven after the moon rises to its peak, you will see the wisps come out. If you are someone in love, you may see the phantoms of the warrior and his bride, reunited at last, floating across the pond on a raft, with a wisp guiding their way.

Don't give up the day job, but thank you.

Minion :)