Eternal Lands Official Forums
lectro

Couple of small suggestions

Nothing ground breaking I'm afraid....

Antlers - could be ground up to make bone powder - maybe worth 4 times what a bone is?

Salt mining - would need leather gloves. The salt could be used with raw meat to preserve it - the salted meat could then perhaps be stored? Salt could also be used for spells and with flowers to make dyes etc. etc.

Humm, I actually like both. You could combine them if needs be.

Antlers - could be ground up to make bone powder - maybe worth 4 times what a bone is?

Salt mining - would need leather gloves. The salt could be used with raw meat to preserve it - the salted meat could then perhaps be stored? Salt could also be used for spells and with flowers to make dyes etc. etc.

Perhaps ground up Antlers to get a Antler powder, which is a perservative, didnt you know! ... Im not sure about "Mining" salt, but I like the idea of storing cooked meat.

Edited by Brom

You know what I'd like to see in the game?

hammers and pickaxes that can be manufactured:

Ingr. Metal Bar & FE & Wood

Or maybe have several types, like Iron pickaxe, titanium pickaxe.

Iron pickaxe could weigh 3 EMU, tit pickaxe only 1 EMU because titanium is a light metal.

Maybe have an iron pickaxe break much more easily then a tit pickaxe !!!

A couple of other suggestions....

Make the storage guys taller so that it's easier to click on them when there's a crowd.

At the risk of repeating myself from another thread I posted in .... Maybe as well as seeing peoples health bars you could also see a trust % for each player. The trust system could work automatically - i.e. it would depend on each trade being successful or perhaps a ratings system alá eBay?

Bags could have an id on them when you open them so you can see who has dropped it. If you hand it back to the owner after they have lost it in a fight it would contribute to your trust % and you should automatically get a small fee based on the value of the bags contents.

An item to buy/manufacture: a rucksack or handcart. It increases the amount you can carry but it slows you down moving by 50-100%.

Cooked meat and veg could be combined to make a Sunday roast :evilgrin:

Edited by lectro

It increases the amount you can carry but it slows you down moving by 50-100%.

208316[/snapback]

I don't think there can be made any walking speed changes in EL currently...

A Dwarven backpack has been suggested in the thread on Race-specific items, occupying the slot normally used by a cape or cloak. I imagine such a device would also give a defense penality due to movement restrictions.

I have been thinking how to make a handcart feasible -- it would have to be equipped as a two-handed weapon, *big* penalities in combat, and cannot be un-equipped until your load (including the cart) is within normal range. The best part would be a very cool animation of characters pushing wheelbarrows and handcarts around :inquisitive:

In both cases the positive effect would be to increase the carrying capacity while the item is equipped.

However, these may be intepreted as encouraging muling; but personally, I don't really want to be forced into developing huge P/C attributes so that I can carry enough iron ore to make a suit of iron, where the alternative is to make numerous trips. Hasn't the wheel been invented in EL?...

A Dwarven backpack has been suggested in the thread on Race-specific items, occupying the slot normally used by a cape or cloak.  I imagine such a device would also give a defense penality due to movement restrictions.

I have been thinking how to make a handcart feasible -- it would have to be equipped as a two-handed weapon, *big* penalities in combat, and cannot be un-equipped until your load (including the cart) is within normal range.  The best part would be a very cool animation of characters pushing wheelbarrows and handcarts around :P

In both cases the positive effect would be to increase the carrying capacity while the item is equipped.

However, these may be intepreted as encouraging muling; but personally, I don't really want to be forced into developing huge P/C attributes so that I can carry enough iron ore to make a suit of iron, where the alternative is to make numerous trips.  Hasn't the wheel been invented in EL?...

208374[/snapback]

well they do have rent a wagon next to raven, maybe you can RENT them there, 8k for an extra 600 emu and it will disappear after 4 to 8 ingame hours (not sure what would be fair). if there was anything in the cart when it dissappears, the stuff goes into a bag

Another use for horses... :)

209400[/snapback]

how about you can ALSO rent a wagon (when horses come into the game) and it increases your emu by 1200? but it is unable to go into storage, caves, buildings, etc. , so to use it effectively for ore collecting you would have to have a player group thing

example: Player A has the wagon and horse, Player B and C are getting ore. when one gets full, they deposit into the wagon and when the wagon is full, player A takes it to storage where player D and E deposit the ore.

though there will be ppl to take advantage of this

Another suggestion....

How about a pedometer, so we can measure how far we have walked? It could sit under the compass and have a reset button with it or even a trip computer...?

It could be used as part of quests and competitions too e.g. from the Tavern head SE for 300 steps .... etc.

Interesting. I like the idea, but it would not be used much.

about the handcart:

You could buy one for a high amount of gold, maybe 20k or so, but it would never dissappear. You could choose to 'equip' it like a one-handed weapon and then you could carry for example 300 more emu, and u could choose to use two hands to carry 600 more emu.

like in RL, if u use one hand to carry a cart you could carry less than when u use two hands :)

And also, you could leave your cart at the storage if you dont need it.

You wouldn't be able to fight with a cart, but you could get attacked so there could be an option to leave it anywhere you want if u get attacked, and then other people could steal your cart, so there could be an option to buy a lock so others cant steal the cart.

A good idea would be to implement a lock-picking skill so you could train on lockpicking by trying to steal carts, and the higher your lockpicking skill would be, the more chance you would have to pick the lock.

There could be different types of locks, like a 'weak' one for 10k, a bit stronger lock for 25k and a really strong lock for 50k or something.

nice idea paradox good work out but dont we need to download again EL before using it or would it be in a simple ingame update.

another suggestion a bigger building then the meeting hall in WSC a big building with several rooms (maybe something like a restaurant where you can buy some food and you can have also some quests.ma

download is for new maps artwork music and so on. ingame update is like def files quest files and bots and so on.

I think ur no about like a gathering hall. the magic school is like that ;) i'm sure someone has made one on cont 2