Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rasberrybeard

Guild Storage Chests

I had this idea for a guild storage chest. The way it would work is that if your guild paid a fee, they could have a chest to put items in that members of a certain rank in their guild would be able to access. This could save a lot of headaches and be usefull for the administering leaders of a guild to oversee trades between it's members. Not sure of how the specifics of the idea would work, just laying a groundwork here. :)

I think it'd be a great idea. And we wouldn't have to worry about the 'grey' area of having second characters for a guild storage.

^_^

I think it'd be a great idea. And we wouldn't have to worry about the 'grey' area of having second characters for a guild storage.

^_^

203895[/snapback]

Instead we would have to worry about 'grey' area of illegal multiplaying, wouldn't we?

The idea is nice, but it's possible way of breaking all rules about illegal multiplaying, muling, etc. Next problems are scammers getting to guild only to steal guild storage - tones of problem here. It was suggested before and could happen that if guild system will change, hopefully we all be alive then, something like this could be implemented.

paid-for guild storages? gee, I think that's been suggested a few times before

Edited by ttlanhil

paid-for guild storages? gee, I think that's been suggested a few times before

203994[/snapback]

Still, it's not a bad idea.

Instead we would have to worry about 'grey' area of illegal multiplaying, wouldn't we?

The idea is nice, but it's possible way of breaking all rules about illegal multiplaying, muling, etc. Next problems are scammers getting to guild only to steal guild storage - tones of problem here. It was suggested before and could happen that if guild system will change, hopefully we all be alive then, something like this could be implemented.

Only high ranking members of the guild would be allowed access to the chest inventory but anyone could deposit stuff, as far as this muling or whatever, couldn't people do that with their own storages already?

that would be awsome, but where would the "chests" go?

Perhaps they could be universal like the storages? And considering you would have to pay a fee for them I don't think they would be very crowded.

Also if someone offends someone in the guild in someway they can pay ammends to the guild chest.

Yeah I suppose it could be used like that. :(

Only high ranking members of the guild would be allowed access to the chest inventory but anyone could deposit stuff, as far as this muling or whatever, couldn't people do that with their own storages already?

204756[/snapback]

Now they have to use same IP trading, what is possible to catch, if there is such guild storage it would be hardly possible.

This is great idea, but it is followed by great number of way of abusing it. This could make it impossible to implemet.

If it would be possible maybe there could be a safeguard that only allows an ip to acces with one character at a time. I dont how hard that would be to code though.