Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

No Anim: ./animations/player_slash1.caf

I have a clean install of the Windows client. Not sure if it's the latest Ent posting, but I did try to keep up with all of his client changes.

Every time I run EL, I have to wait at least 50 seconds. It gets to the loading animations section after only a few seconds and then seems to freeze.

My error log PER attempt to run EL is 60k long. Most of it has but one line repeated over and over:

Occassionally in the file some other errors appear as well but to a MUCH less degree but do include such things as:

No Anim: ./animations/canine_pain.caf

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle5.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle6.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle7.bmp"

Ideas?

Yeah, I have had that problem as well, though it doesnt take 50 secs to load, it sometimes becomes unresponsive, and I have a really large number of that mistake as well, so it isnt just you. I found the elusive player_slash1.caf at C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\animations\player_slash1.caf so it does exist. Also, did those other 3 appear in consecuative order? because they did for me. hope this helps.

Edit looking at it, I see that player_slash1.caf is an animation, so maybe the bitmaps are more likely? because I have player_slash1.caf every time i log in (i think) and the other three only a couple times, more proportinate to the number of times i have the problem with it not responding.

Edited by dutchman21

Same thing happened to me a while back. Not sure if this is the solution you're looking for, but its a work-around and good enough for me.

Make a copy of "player_slash2.caf" and rename as "player_slash1.caf"

Did the same for the particle files. Hope this helps.

I tried some of the suggestions you both presented (thanks).

I did already have a player_slash1.caf file, but I renamed it and copied #2 into #1. I also copied the particle bmps over to 5, 6, 7 and the canine_pain1.caf to canine_pain.caf.

The one the still gives me problem is:

No Anim: ./animations/canine_idle1.caf

I've tried copying canine_idle2.caf onto canine_idle1.caf, but the error still comes up. It should be noted that my load time now is 15 seconds (massive improvement).

I'll have to live with this for now - thanks again guys.

Developers: I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one with this sort of problem.

If it helps, #glinfo says that I have a GeForce4 MX 440/AGP/SSE/3DNOW. OpenGL Version 1.4.0 (followed by a whole list of Supported Extensions).

Edited by Kit

That's because that error is referring to canine_idlel.caf- that's a letter "L", not a number one ^_^;;

Noticed the same problem myself, renaming the canine_idle1.caf to canine_idlel.caf seemed to fix it (or was it canine_idle2.caf copied and renamed as canine_idlel.caf... go ahead and experiment, it's been a while ;))

I get all of the same problems. The player slash thing, (you literally can't see a person "slashing" in game) the like 30 seconds to load game, the canine_pain and the particle 5, 6 and 7...

Alot of people are reporting these same problems, they should be fixed.. -_-

It's definately a ONE not an L. I did try the L to be sure, but the error log does clearly show an L and the problem continued to exist.

No Anim: ./animations/canine_idlel.caf

It is a ONE, not an L, as Kit said.

I copied canine_idle2.caf and renamed it to canine_idle1.caf no more errors in my error log. It's just a fix not a solution, but it worked for me error-wise.

The code that you've quoted Kit ends with an "l" (L), trust me... I'm not seeing things. That really does end with an l.

I even checked with a non-serif font. It's an "l" as I've stated.

Edited by Kendai

Must have written it down wrong. Just copied it from error log - now showing ONE.

Well, I have not reported it because I think it was a problem in my machine, but I am having the same problems as kit, with some worse consequences.

I use a cvs compiled client on linux.

I have the same problem, a lot of NO ANIM: player_slash1.caf stuff, the canine, the particles, etc.

I have a GEForce 440 as well.

The game freezes, and as OpenGL has already took control of the keyboard and mouse when this happens, I have to reboot my computer trough net using other computer.

The only workaround I have found is to delete all files form my .elc dir, placing there only el.ini. This forces rules agreeing screen to show up, and then, I can continue game in almost all occasions (sometimes it freezes even then).

I think that maybe it can have to do with the speed animations are beeing required, it things could get a little slower internally on start, perhaps it could fix things to me. As I am not part of development team, because I am not so capable, and as there is already a lot of confusion on using modifyed clients, I was afraid of trying to fix things by myself.

Probably the animation player_slash1.caf is being required before it is available. :(

It also gives me errors, so it's a general problem I think

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle5.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle6.bmp"

Error: Can't open file "./textures/particle7.bmp"