Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pennifuin

Unrealistic.

This one goes out to you Derin.

Recently voiced on another thread in suggestions, was the opinion that thieving from a fluffy rabbit and retrieving coins, etc, would be unrealistic. Ttlanhil then pointed out that they drop coins and books anyway, so whats the big deal?

Here is my idea. Say for example, when you killed a fluff, they dropped. "Fluffy Rabbit Fur" or something along those lines, maybe something really unique, like a fluffy rabbits tooth or rabbitss paw etc.

Anyway.

once you have killed your fluff, you have this "fluffy rabbit <thing>" You then go to a strange new NPC, an old man or similar, obivously into his occult. He then trades you coins/books (other fluffy rabbit drops) for your fluffy items.

This would add to the realism, and would give a cool new aspect for fighting RPers to tackle.

"Shivar, Fluffy Killer" dun dun DUNN!

this could work for Chimms too.

I tended to assume that artifacts in drops from non-intelligent creatures are the remains from previous encounters. Now the bunny is no more, its safe to stick your arm down its hole and have a good root around.

I like trollson's explanation the best. It is simple and believable.

You killed the <monster> and found <insert treasure here>

But Penni, I also like your concept, but why would a NPC sometimes pay you 13 gc and sometimes a Gen Axe Book? This we will have to think about a little more.

I like trollson's explanation the best. It is simple and believable.

You killed the <monster> and found <insert treasure here>

But Penni, I also like your concept, but why would a NPC sometimes pay you 13 gc and sometimes a Gen Axe Book? This we will have to think about a little more.

202822[/snapback]

because this old man is a practitioner of ebul and stuff....etc. He needs the stuff for his hobby...you know...raising the dead...making poisons...making a nice evil cup of tea...

Anotehr utilisation of the new drops would be to incorporate them into summoning, so instead of a white rabbit fur for a fluffer, you use the wabbit wemains.

again these new drops could be incorporated into new enhanced items...i havent thought of any a of yet...but it could be done!

edit: Ok and you get a varying reward for quality of the item...poorer the specimen = the worse the exchange due to the old man not being able to channel the ebul energy from the poorer examples of rabbits feet/tooth/fur etc.

Edited by pennifuin

again these new drops could be incorperated into new enhanced items

fluffy shirt- stronger than titanium

fluffy pants- " "

fluffy boots- " "

:D

is it me or is do these clothes sound a little girly?

(" " means same as above)

Edited by gilthanas

fluffy pants- "                            "

fluffy boots- "                            "

:D

("          " means same as above)

202896[/snapback]

well, there has been an outcry for more feminine garments.

Well the whole dropping issue is pretty "unrealistic" - Why would a troll drop a chainmail and not his club? And where did the troll hide that chainmail o.O

Well the whole dropping issue is pretty "unrealistic" - Why would a troll drop a chainmail and not his club? And where did the troll hide that chainmail o.O

202914[/snapback]

you really dont want to know.....but ever wonder why it always smells so bad?

troll clubs are mahoooosive. I doubt you could pick one uplet alone put it in your little sack and carry it away ^_^

Edited by pennifuin

A related question:

what's up with those killer rabbits anyway?

The other day I went into a map and saw a rabbit. At least that's what I thought!

It ran up to me and killed me right away!!!!

I mean, can't they have another colour as normal rabbits, so that I know when to get away from them ?

when it says 'Fluffy Rabbit' above them..You will also learn which maps have fluffers on them, and not white rabbits, so you will just 'know'. They are from 'Monty Python: Holy Grail'.

'Some call me.....Tim.'

Heh I like the idea..

I have always wondered why fluffy rabbits are so strong.. seems kinda dumb.. Maybe if you want to stick to a silly rabbit being able to kill an ogre, at least make it green with wings and fangs, blowing fire. Honestly.

Monty Python.....lol......Think it will be better to have a rabbit drop "Fluffy" crap and then trade it in like chucky cheese coins for even better crap. Why the hell would a rabbit need a book on Human Fighting and that sort of nature? (Rabbits with gold! Bill Gate's bunnies!)

Fluffy Serpent Sword:

Item needed:

12x Fluffy fur

2x Chimeran Fur

3x Rostogol Stone

2x Efe

10x Fluffy Raw meat

:lol:

fluffy pants- "                            "

fluffy boots- "                            "

;)

("          " means same as above)

202896[/snapback]

harder than titanium but lighter than a feather? I think that lighter armor is better you can collect more spoils before you have to store them.