Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kendai

A (hopefully) better way to control macroers

I actually have two ideas, but to save on topic space, I decided to put them into the same post.

I was thinking about macroing, and how easy it is to time the mouse clicks just right so that it becomes a system, a pattern, and it's easy for macroers to develop a program that would do the clicking for them.

To counter this, I thought of an idea of setting a random time to make a certain object, only off by 1-2 seconds (or more, if need be). For example, if HEs take 7 seconds to make each time, than perhaps the pattern should therefore be anywhere from 6 to 8 seconds. If there is no pattern of when the essence (or other object) is made and is completely random, it would require a lot more attention to click on "mix" once the essence (or other object) is finished being made. It would highly discourage macroing and "clicking programs" because the timing would be off each time.

My second suggestion is for a new player animation. I have seen complaints about the new health bar and people complaining that it's too hard to see whether you're truly hurt or not. Perhaps once you reach the "red zone" of the health bar, a different animation would take place on your character, and you would appear weakened. Your breathing would become more labored, your movements would be slower, just as if you truly were dying. Four animations would probably have to be made- one for fighting, one for walking, one for standing, and another for sitting. I would understand perfectly if it would be too much time or effort to make these animations, but it would (hopefully) add a bit of realism to the gameplay.

I am not sure if these suggestions have been made before. I tried doing a search for keywords and didn't find anything that applied, but if these suggestions have been made in the past, than I apologize.

What do you think of them? ^_^

Edit: tried to fix the spelling error in the title, but apparently I can't :)

and to macro that you just set the clicker to click every max time it takes to make something. or better yet, rewrite the client so that it sends a automatic click the moment the server sends a message about the outcome of the manu action...

with the client source code out, there are all manner of tricks one can pull. i have a feel that with just a bit of work to monitor the right variables i can make a client that makes items and watches the food level. all i have to do is refill the food and base resouces for whatever i want to make...

The first suggestion is invalid like Duran mentions. The second is interesting and would provide a more dynamic experience (like the health meter in doom hehe) but, you can already toggle a numerical display of your helth with ALT-b

Edit: tried to fix the spelling error in the title, but apparently I can't :blink:

199832[/snapback]

Ask and you shall receive :P

:D Thanks Aislinn! It bothers me when I spell things wrong, especially simple mistakes like that :P

Since I had no idea how to program, after reading Duran's post, I understand why it would be unfeasible. Strike one. ^_^;;

As for the second idea, I use alt+b all the time (wish there was a way to make it default in el.ini :blink:), but I thought this would just add a nice visual touch to fighting, as I have seen this in many games (actually inspired by Quest 64, but then you'll all be calling me a n00b... which I am, so don't mind me :P). As I've said, I would understand if it were too much effort or time to create the animations necessary. However, I (or anyone else who is willing) can work on possible concept art if that's what one would need to get started.

Edit: I might not be the greatest of artists, but I'm working on one possible stance now :P

Edit 2: Finished the concept lol

editscan8mf.th.jpg

Click on the image for a better view of course (and click on the image again for the original and better view), and oooh and ahhh at my crappy drawings :P Poor Kendai, she ran into an uber-garg and barely survived :P

Edited by Kendai

For that matter, I wouldn't mind an option for the health bars to either use the old way, clean cut red/yellow/green or this fancy new way. If we are stuck with this way though, I agree that something else needs to be done to show health status...I would love to see it done with animation.

For that matter, I wouldn't mind an option for the health bars to either use the old way, clean cut red/yellow/green or this fancy new way.

200395[/snapback]

I like that suggestion. I'd switch back to the old way in a second if it was available.