Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fumble

Storage Manufacturing

Hello All,

I was wondering along the same lines as the enhanced storage trading capablitilies that were added in the updated, if it would be possible to have the manufacturing window draw out of the storage inventory directly. I understand that this will not work well in the high traffic storage areas that already prohibit creating items near the storage NPC. It would eliminate the same issue that was seen with bag transfer trading. You click in the wrong area if you not total involved in the clicking process, then you have to negotiate with a bag jumper for the items to be return. If this has already posted, sorry :)

-Fumble

P.S. Since this is my first post, I have been playing EL for a couple months and I would like to thank everyone who did a great job with the last update and the preceding work to create EL :D

The reason this has been turned down in the past (it has been suggested before) is that it would make automated playing (macroing) too easy.

Even tho it is a good idea, I don't think it outweights the potential bad effects.

Derlin,

I had thought of that, but I think that the people whom would be interested in building marcos are more inclined when they can gain significant levels of efficiency. What if you have the manu window move slightly after creating each item on a random x and y shift? I'm not an expert in macro building but I think that would seriously hinder its capabilities. Unless maybe you hack the client. The other option would be to have a random message popup on the screen during the process that has to be clicked away or a code enter much like other automated software detectors. I don’t suggest going as far as the third option, but the other 2 could be implement fairly easily. I would personally trade convenience and saftey of manufacturing out of storage for a 1 in 500 message. If the message is not responded to, it could alert a mod to PM the player in question. Just in case they missed it. By the way the message would have to come up in a random location also, I would presume.

-Fumble

Derlin,

I had thought of that, but I think that the people whom would be interested in building marcos are more inclined when they can gain significant levels of efficiency.  What if you have the manu window move slightly after creating each item on a random x and y shift?  I'm not an expert in macro building but I think that would seriously hinder its capabilities.  Unless maybe you hack the client.  The other option would be to have a random message popup on the screen during the process that has to be clicked away or a code enter much like other automated software detectors.  I don’t suggest going as far as the third option, but the other 2 could be implement fairly easily.  I would personally trade convenience and saftey of manufacturing out of storage for a 1 in 500 message.  If the message is not responded to, it could alert a mod to PM the player in question.  Just in case they missed it.  By the way the message would have to come up in a random location also, I would presume.

-Fumble

199560[/snapback]

Some of the 'macro' people are using hacked custom clients, which could be setup to automatically respond properly.

Learner,

Alright, that being the case that some people will hack the client to make macro bots. How does not allowing manufacturing from storage effect anything. It would only lead to creating a greater disparity in the efficiency in producing the same product. Beside if you went with the third option of having a code deliver in the form of a jpg created at the server the modified client would be able to respond correctly either, but that would probably be alot of effort and more bandwidth. I just think that the operation for a macro maker to manu from storage is alright very easy, so why shouldn't it be easy for everyone.

-Fumble

Edited by Fumble

All,

I would like to apologize for bring up this topic. I searched and read some of the past posts and realize that I may be exhuming the horse :) for another beating. As far as some people are concerned

-Fumble