Eternal Lands Official Forums
LemonStar

One man guilds?

Should a tiered guild system be introduced?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should a tiered guild system be introduced?

• Yes. Let us make the guilds good again.
    • No. I like being in a one player guild.
    • Don't care.

some people like to walk with a TAG, or hate it that people keep ask "join my guild please"

187968[/snapback]

NOW THIS MOST LIKELY WONT HAPPEN AGAIN.....but what he is saying make sence....for awhile i did the 1 man guild thing just to be left be...some people dont ant to be social....so be it

I agree 1000000% and yes you will get flamed (and so will I again lol).  This has been brought up before, and the result was "What's the harm?  How does it affect YOU if there are guilds of one?"

--The standard for actually creating a guild needs to be raised, both the skill level needed and the $gc amount. 

--The ability to transfer over ownership to a person who doesn't have even these current minimum restrictions should be stopped.

--A guild leader should actually be required and able to lead his guild, hence the name.  It is pretty disgusting when a "guild leader" is so helpless they don't even know where to find the guild commands.  That should not be a guild leader.  But these are the people who will flame and cry "no fair, we have the right to have a guild too!!!111".

--A guild should actually have members, as you say.  There is no point to a guild with one member other than to have a tag next to your name.  That is not a guild, by definition.

--Definition of a guild:

1. An association of persons of the same trade or pursuits, formed to protect mutual interests and maintain standards.

2. A similar association, as of merchants or artisans, in medieval times.

In other words, people (plural).

--It used to mean something to be part of a guild, to be chosen and have that tag next to your name.  And it meant something to be a respectable guild.  Even the pk guilds used to have respect and honor. 

--The current guild system is part of the reason the community isn't as tight as it once was...you knew who was in what guild, and what that guild stood for. (Kind of like players, you knew who was who, people weren't trading/selling/buying/name-changing every 5 minutes either :omg: )

And how does it affect me? Or Lemon? Or any one of us?  It affects the community as a whole, therefore it affects us each individually.   I agree, the current guild situation is just plain silly.

But good luck Lemon,  maybe they'll listen to you.

187982[/snapback]

i do agree with some of what is said such as the level and price need to go up and that transfering to people without the requirements needs to be delth with..neb guilds are annoying and usually just cause trouble and annoy people (usually not always)..but again i can see why some make a 1 person guild cuz lets face it some people want to be left alone and get sick of being asked to join a guild so and easy solution is make your own...and shivar if you were a dev im sure half the players would quit :o

Edited by GreenGanjaKing

level 80 for a master guild; 250k; level 50 to join  (golden tag) unlimited members
level 50 for a guild; 150k ; level 35 to join  (blue tag ?) 50 members max
level 39 for a clan; 75k; level 20 to join (red tag ?) 20 members max

I like. I would have to get a skill up past 50 so that I could join LNX, because we would definately need more than 50 members. That is really the downside, requiring a higher level just to JOIN the guild. I am thinking of LNX, clue me in on other guilds.

100+ Players about 7 bots in the guild. (3 bots which are active)

Being and old EL guild we would like to have the lovely golden tag. but we would only have 10-20 members out of our 100. Ok, then we would have to go down to plain guild. but then could only have 50 players, we are stuck, we cannot have the guild we had :(

I like the idea of having to have the administration (Moderators) approving of a guild. And REQUIRING have a guild purpose/story. LNX for example is the EL Linux Community (Formerly known as the Linux Warriors), We are all linux users and have the requirement of having a *nix system installed. I understand that some people make guilds just for the chatting and unity that comes with them. Some people create guilds in order to raise there own names popularity (it happens) It is difficult to judge which guilds would be allowed and which would not. But I think if the moderators were too look at the guilds design we could eliminate some of the 1 man guilds and some of the silly ones.

Tricky subject :P

Lets rebuild the entire guild system!

Push for Guild Diplomacy!

... I understand that some people make guilds just for the chatting and unity that comes with them. Some people create guilds in order to raise there own names popularity ...

Just on a point of interest, reading some sources on Medieval Society, many Guilds where formed purely as a form of social clubs, in addition to those to monopolise a trade. :P

level 80 for a master guild; 250k; level 50 to join  (golden tag) unlimited members
level 50 for a guild; 150k; level 35 to join  (blue tag ?) 50 members max
level 39 for a clan; 75k; level 20 to join (red tag ?) 20 members max

I like. I would have to get a skill up past 50 so that I could join LNX, because we would definately need more than 50 members.  That is really the downside, requiring a higher level just to JOIN the guild. I am thinking of LNX, clue me in on other guilds.

100+ Players about 7 bots in the guild. (3 bots which are active)

Being and old EL guild we would like to have the lovely golden tag. but we would only have 10-20 members out of our 100. Ok, then we would have to go down to plain guild. but then could only have 50 players, we are stuck, we cannot have the guild we had :P

Actually EG has the same problem, which really isn't a problem afterall. Let me explain:

What i have in mind for EG, and i think most major guilds would benefit from something like this, is we would have the Master Guild EG, then we would have the normal Guild with a loyal EG member as leader who is in the medium level range and also the Clan. Members of the clan (they would have our full support of course) could learn everything about the game (20 members only makes sure they really get to know each other) and rise fast in the hierarchy if they work for it. That would also give them a goal, which we all know EL doesn't have enough of since we don't have level requirements for most things anymore.

All 3 subguilds could have a common chat channel, meeting place, guild meetings, events, and so on.

Ahh, so those 3 sections (subguilds) would really be one guild. just different Tags for different "Ranks/Levels" in the guild. Interesting, keep going.

Well i would like to have the greatest possible freedom of choice about this.

A new player can learn about the game and start his own clan. Undoubtedly there will be quite a few of those.

As he levels up, he should have the possibility to upgrade his clan into a guild, but of course no obligation to do so.

On the other hand there will surely be masterguilds who have no interest in training newbies or even just supporting them. They can just have their master guild and don't bother with subguilds.

And for the community oriented guilds who take pride in their dedication to help new players, the above described model would be the way of choice.

Well i would like to have the greatest possible freedom of choice about this.

A new player can learn about the game and start his own clan. Undoubtedly there will be quite a few of those.

As he levels up, he should have the possibility to upgrade his clan into a guild, but of course no obligation to do so.

On the other hand there will surely be masterguilds who have no interest in training newbies or even just supporting them. They can just have their master guild and don't bother with subguilds.

And for the community oriented guilds who take pride in their dedication to help new players, the above described model would be the way of choice.

188817[/snapback]

I love it :brooding:

Personally, I like Arnieman's ideas of only the active players being shown as guild member count. I also agree that levels to start and to join guilds should increase.

One way to keep the guilds working together, and keep the "undesirables" out, is to impliment a"guild tax". A small amount of gold coins due each month, based on the number of members, to keep the guild alive.

I also like the idea of a guild joining cost paid by the recruit and the guild leader who allows the player to join.

I think,

• We implement stuff listed above
  • We put something similar to WoW (You first pay money to buy a sign-up sheet. then you get 9 other players. you then register, (i think you have to pay more money). and the guild will be registered.)

I think 1-4 person guilds that havent gotten a new member within 40 hours of being online should be deleted and money refunded. But i think the ideas above, like the purge thing, are pretty #$%@ing good.

<Note> I poked my head through the guild page on the EL site, and found 78 guilds would be in danger of being deleted. most of them 1 or 2 person guilds.

<Note> Also, do we want guilds with names like, pimps? Its not really that appropreate. Also, so are pure gibberish, like "/(bb|[^b]{2})/". There should be rules and stuff over naming.

Edited by Gecko_Master

<Note> I poked my head through the guild page on the EL site, and found 78 guilds would be in danger of being deleted. most of them 1 or 2 person guilds.

sounds even better then, don't it? :P
<Note> Also, do we want guilds with names like, pimps? Its not really that appropreate.
nope, that shouldn't be allowed
Also, so are pure gibberish, like "/(bb|[^b]{2})/". There should be rules and stuff over naming.

189006[/snapback]

well, it's not gibberish. it's part of programming. and something that shouldn't be shown to non-programmers unless you're trying to 1) teach them or 2) scare them

I agree guild system need changes. I'm not sure though if proposed above ones are best possibilities. It doesn't change much - the problem are guilds with 1-2 members (one most probably with harvesting on 40).

Whatt they will do? create clan! What will change? nothing.

I agree with Aislinn, there is stron need of limats in transfering guild.

Seridia Viatoris, guild I settled wouldn't be guild, would be clan. So what?!

If the changes, Soldus proposed, will ever be to implement there should be some profits of being in guild/master guild! Other case it won't change anything.

OT:

[...]Also, so are pure gibberish, like "/(bb|[^b]{2})/". There should be rules and stuff over naming.

It's a regular expression and means: To be or not to be. But I do agree, that it's not an appropriate guild name :P.

There are rules regulating character creating, they can easily be applied to guilds.

Edited by vanyel

Idea - All guilds with gibberish (or seemingly gibberish), l337, or otherwise inappropriate names are immediately terminated.

THEN - One player guilds are removed, and their guildmaster gets a gc refund.

THEN - Introduce a "flag" that a player can apply to theirself, similar to a guild tag, that lets other players know s/he does not wish to be recruited by a guild. A player would be able to set this at anytime they were not in a guild, after having a skill level (besides overall) over 20.

EXTENSION - This could also extend to players who left their guilds, for the time that they cannot join guilds, they could be forced to go around with a different color version of their old guild tag, kind of declaring that they had left that guild and were unrecruitable.

EXTENSION - A further extension could also create a tag for newbies (similar to a [Young] player tag in UO), that would turn off after a skill level reaches 20.