Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sparhawk

bot spam

:angry2: every time im on the market channel and i want to sell my fire essence she pms me with her bad deal.there should be a limit on this.i had to ignore charn now i tell the makers of charn to disable this funtoin.this means im losing out on the the deals it has.

ty soldus and i was spamming because i coundnt see becouse of the bot spam which bocked my view so i did not realize i was spamming.ty so very much.

please note the date of this post - the game version this post applies to is 1.12

I am currently unable to shut the bot spam off; my local ignores file shoes 9 different entries for MadameYes, EternalBroker and some of the other frequent bot spammers.

As a player I believe I have the right to determine what I find offensive and to block it. I personally find bot spam very offensive - and a repetetive affront. I would like to know why executing "#Ignore 'botname'" isn't working.

please note the date of this post - the game version this post applies to is 1.12

I am currently unable to shut the bot spam off; my local ignores file shoes 9 different entries for MadameYes, EternalBroker and some of the other frequent bot spammers.

As a player I believe I have the right to determine what I find offensive and to block it. I personally find bot spam very offensive - and a repetetive affront. I would like to know why executing "#Ignore 'botname'" isn't working.

when you use #ignore, don't put the bot name in "s. By any chance is that what you did, include the quotes?

By any chance is that what you did, include the quotes?

No Learner, I have entered their names exactly as they appear in the market channel, and also additional variations of lower and upper case (when the first method produced no positive result)

Edited by Learner

odd... the ignore worked perfectly for me. I have madameyes, charn, eternalbroker, medeil, and one or two others on the list. Does it give you back a confirmation that the ignore was added... but doesn't ignore them?

Are you putting square brackets [] around the names when you enter them? If you are then that is the problem. If you aren't then i can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

You need to make sure there are no duplicate entries in your filter list. Get rid of any duplicates and make sure there are no blank lines in it when you are done. That whouc fix it for you.

I just hate that this topic is still active.. it's a bit mis leading when you see that the topic is "Charn is spamming me" and he did that for less than a week. All of such code was removed in August of 2005. Could we please close this topic and let it go away :D

it's like a black mark on his history that will not go away :(

-Wizz

I just hate that this topic is still active.. it's a bit mis leading when you see that the topic is "Charn is spamming me" and he did that for less than a week. All of such code was removed in August of 2005. Could we please close this topic and let it go away :(

it's like a black mark on his history that will not go away :(

-Wizz

The reason it continued was someone was having problems with getting #ignore to work on Charn. The problem was the ignore file had duplicate entries which makes it stop being read before reaching the end.