Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gadai

Guild leaders muting.

Just wondering whether or not people would think it's a good idea for guild rank 19's to be able to mute their members both on #gm (as any Rank 19 can do currently) and (and here's the contentious idea) on local if they can see the member. I can't see the downside of the idea, so please enlighten me :P

If you want to mute someone in #gm, change there rank to 1-4 :P

As for local, that won't happen.

I've muted people in our guild on occasion - usually if a disagreement goes beyond the polite or if some of the old members (some of whom are/were not particularly nice people) log on. Like the desc said - just a barmy idea I guess - the point of the idea was to make guilds more culpable for their members behaviour on local chat really.

vermor id quit a guild if i was ranking 4!!!

185840[/snapback]

I've done this a few times, you won't be kept rank 4 only for a short period of time then hopefully if you behave you'll get your rank back. Thats just what i did of course.

Pretty much the same here Mojo - used as a restraint/temp punishment - not ever without good cause.

Setting guildie rank at 4 is punishment. If you leave after that you probably never should have been in guild. The good idea is to pm guild master or officer who lowered your rank and apologise for your behaiving.

They surely will set your rank back (after some time - just to be sure you remember it).

Yeah, muting people in guild, we can't do anything in the guild channel, but who really uses the guild channel? Almost everyone I know uses #gm, and guild officers (19 and Guildmaster) just change ranks down for a bit if we need to moderate our guild chat.

As for local, we are GUILD leaders; no one made us EL moderators. If that job needs to be done by somebody, let's leave it to the people already set to do that.

Riva still uses guild channel. Why do I have the feeling that we're about the only guild who does...

With the upcoming multi-channel support, I think more guild channels will be used again. That is, #gm's only for important messages, and the guild channel for guild chat. As it always has been supposed to be... And some guild channel mod commands would be a good thing to have indeed!

Edited by Mar(c)

With the upcoming multi-channel support, I think more guild channels will be used again.

186020[/snapback]

so you'd think. I thought a lot of channels would pic up after multi-channel was out and about. but they're looking at a max of 3 channels at a time... so the change won't be as big as it should be