Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aragorn1-Real

T3h Graphics

ok, i quit el cause there are no quests,DO SOMETHING ON THAT and very fast please.

Search programmers and let them work on a new 3d-engine

Look to Middle-Earth online,World Of Warcraft,Everquest 2,if you wanna make impression,use JOBS;Like thief,warrior,blacksmith.you can learn this jobs in a school for gold thats sure.

If this would come in El,everybody shall be happy!!!

dude relax, they work on it..remember this is free game!!

you quit over this... despite all the hype over 1.0.2 being soon... with screenies of the graphics engine showing how much better things are comming (and a slew of new quests, though that's not as much talked about)?

right.

Want more quests? look at writing some yourself, or helpig out with other peoples' (a few well done quests are prefered over a lot of mediocre ones)

same goes for the engine. want it better? then help out. even if you can't code, make some discreet suggestions. telling us about other games is rather pointless. especially if you have to pay to play then. (hmm. free game doesn't have graphics quite as good as paid for ones made by very large corporations with hundreds or thousands of developers? how odd! and those other games you mentioned were once in a similar stage of development as EL... difference is... with EL you actually get to play the Beta and contribute)

Don't feed trolls.

P.S. Which is: real trolls, not those poor forum members that happen to have between 800 and 899 posts, inclusive. :P

Edited by Lachesis

I just think he wants to complain. Lets just remind him this game is FREE, BETA, and NOT ABOUT YOU! Everything you see in this game was built for free... Humm If you want game to complain about, go to said games and complain, We dont need your types here.

Ok, that was harsh, but Im not really in a good mood... Im sorry for being harsh.

On a not-harsh side. You have no clue what is comming in the next update! your going to love it. IT is going to feel like a new EL! Ahh! I cant say enough about it! Whoo-Hoo!

Edited by Brom

Of course you could. They come on CD, and at $50 each, plus only $15 per month, it's a steal. When the server's actually up, modem users don't have any more lag than other people. EL's actually more demanding, I get 50+ FPS in WoW, no whirr.

Ttlan made many many screenies of the upcoming awesome version. And I get more than 10 fps in it.

As much as I know, EL has such low fps, because it doesn't use directx. That's what I've been told.

187926[/snapback]

Using directX doesn't mean you;ll have faster graphics. Whether it's OpenGL or DirectX, a lot of work has to go into the graphics engine to tune it for speed. the next version has a very noticable speedup for example because of some of the work that has been done.