Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Luxutana

IS Eternal Better With Snow or with out?

Snow Or No Snow?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Snow Or No Snow?

• No Snow, I Like Grass better.
    • With Snow, I like the cold.

Heres a Image i found on the forums. Personal I think It Should have Grass. It Bring out the Colors and easy to see Pm and stuff :) Come be real Can Beaver, Rabbit, and Deer REALLY Survive the Winter for 6 month or for how long we had snow?

:D:o:P:icon13:

ip2.jpg

Editted by Lord_Vermor: Lowered the text size, it was quite annoying and not needed.

Edited by Lord_Vermor

Damn, that was loud...

Anyway, I think they're changing it back to grass, but personally I miss the old pre-"Isla Prima updated!"; pre-campfire; hang-out-inside-of-well-or-around-entropy days :P

Of course, just the return of a fully functional Newbie Island would be enough for me (as in, not a breeding ground for bots, but a place for newbs to learn the game...and I say newbs because with Newbie Island, we seemed to get less gay-@$$ n00bs :dry: )

[EDIT]

Plus, the new continent's gonna have snowy areas, so...ye'd best be gettin' yer fuzzy slippers out, boy! :blink: It's COLD outside!

Edited by Tumaros

there's a reason I don't like having all the fonts and sizes and colours and such regularly used (and didn't you say about the readability of text over the snow? ahh, irony)

As I understand it, IP will be cycling from snow to no-snow in the future, which I like the idea of, though the continental map probably needs to be changed for this to be realistic (IP is near same latitude as the end of grubani, which does not look like it's far south enough to have snow)

From what I've read, IP is supposed to be a seperate continent from which you can travel to others, though, so this wouldn't be too big a change

Wait! If we unfreeze IP the bears will come out of hibernation and eat all the poor newblets!

Wait! If we unfreeze IP the bears will come out of hibernation and eat all the poor newblets!

181571[/snapback]

And Wyttlings :'(

I love the snow (and love wearing my fur clothes) but I have to admit it is very hard to read the text with the snow. So I voted for snow but practicality dictates grass :blink:

Plus I live in Florida so I'll take snow any way I can get it :dry:

Guest Enyo
  Heres a Image i found on the forums. Personal I think  It Should have Grass. It Bring out the Colors and easy to see Pm and stuff :) Come be real Can Beaver, Rabbit, and Deer REALLY Survive the Winter for 6 month or for how long we had snow?

:whistle:  :blink:  :icon13:  :icon13:

ip2.jpg

181554[/snapback]

that's me with my cute goddess self and my 2 faithful minions whose names i've forgotten for the moment.

i say let's have snow during winter months and green during non winter months.. in otherwords.. bring on the seasons! :axeman_rune:

there's a reason I don't like having all the fonts and sizes and colours and such regularly used (and didn't you say about the readability of text over the snow? ahh, irony)

As I understand it, IP will be cycling from snow to no-snow in the future, which I like the idea of, though the continental map probably needs to be changed for this to be realistic (IP is near same latitude as the end of grubani, which does not look like it's far south enough to have snow)

From what I've read, IP is supposed to be a seperate continent from which you can travel to others, though, so this wouldn't be too big a change

181560[/snapback]

The Snow was originally only suposed to be for only a short while, over Christmas. But the update didn't happen till January, so the Christmas Tree and red/green lights were replaced. It will be going back to the old Isla Prima in the 1.0.2 update.

The geographical realism bit isn't much a problem. My story was that Mike accidentally caused a blizzard, while playing with Ice magic.. xD!

As for readability, Erh..Blame Wytter, I think. :-p

Edited by Hazor

And Wyttlings :'(

181573[/snapback]

would they be getting eaten or doing the eating?

It will be going back to the old Isla Prima in the 1.0.2 update.

The geographical realism bit isn't much a problem. My story was that Mike accidentally caused a blizzard, while playing with Ice magic.. xD!

I rather like the idea of it cycling, though just from one update to the next isn't the best... hopefully one day we'll be able to have ran and snow, and have the maps dynamic enough that it will smear snow over grass (just a matter of scaled mottled blend between grass and white, I think)... lotsa work, I know, and not likely to be done soon... but it'd look nice. plus this way we really can have it happen just in winter (and dynamic adjustments to maps can be used in a lot of other places too)

As for readability, Erh..Blame Wytter, I think. :-p

181644[/snapback]

sounds like a great idea! :P

the grass is easier on the eyes, but the snow adds a climate value to IP. Assuming Seridia is in the southern hemisphere, maybe someone could code a routine that if the game date is May-August, IP would be snow-covered, and the rest of the time grass? (Or, if northern hemisphere, November-March. One other note, using RL names for the months, for clarifying)

I like the grass looks better :lol: brings back memories of sitting beside the well trying to figure out how to get inside it :) which i never did manage to find out... :)

(psst...should've tried walking into it...)

I honestly dont want to know what was in the well. I know what I left in there though and thats enough to have kept me out forever xD but there was something about the well that kept drawing me back inside...