Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rasberrybeard

What do you think of the new graphics?

Anyone who has been able to use the new cla3d (i was only able to use it on default port but I at least got to see the new graphics!) tell what you think about it.

1. I love the characters breathing, when you stop for a second you can see characters inhaling and exhaling.

2. The walk animations look beautifull, and you walk a bit faster now which is a big plus in my opinion.

3. GAH! TEH BUNNIES! You can see them hop, its this cute little hop that moves them like half a space ^_^

4. Sitting down, when yo sit down you dont just drop, you elegantly bend your leg and slide down, nice touch there.

5. The new wraith is FANTASTIC he looks so much more wraith like!

6. Better framerate, I am not sure, but even at 12 fps everything seemed to run smoothly and there were no laggys, or skipping when i rotated the camera.

Great job dev team!

ME in the middle of sitting down.

257685efweew3.PNG

;), i think they are Ok, i dont like the walking tho

Haven't tried it but it sounds awesome ;) Now we just need an animation that look like REAL sitting, not cross legged sitting :glare:

IMO it's the best! why didn't we use cal3d at the start :(

There's still a lot of bugs though, so if you'd want to help out, jump to the programming forum, download the cal3d cvs from one of the topics, and come down to the 2002 port :hug:

more info in the topic @ programming forum,

I'm also sure we've got devs announcing it in-game :P

Have fun!

Ohhh! If you do find any bugs, you can post it in the bugs forum :)

- sisteMa`

Hah...if only you knew how slowly we originally walked :hug:

And yes, an actual in-seat sit for taverns and stuff would ROCK!

All we need are 3 or 4 :dance animations, and EL is the ultimate heaven among heavens. The gaming Mecca. The Temple of Templars. My God.

I think they look awsome. I only have one suggestion really, and that is to make the idle animation alitle longer, or more animations that are random-played. Different animations for different races etc. For example: a gnome might start to jump around for a sec, and maybe make a spin or something if you are afk for some time, while a human might take a look and polish his weapon..

the new breathing animations make the whole game look alitle more alive, but by making more animations of that kind it could look even more alive.

*edit* and also, the breathing animation could be extended to a certain degree, making it look like your breating abit deeper.. because it took me like 5 min to actually notice the breathing animation, but when i did, i loved it :P

Edited by Tropicano

Or elves could hop around and pwn tropicanos!

:D

yeh like when u stand stil in KF, u move ur head to left and right, like ur on guard or something..

and when u sit u should auto take off weapon/shield, and when u stand they wil go on ;]

Or elves could hop around and pwn tropicanos!

:icon13:

180427[/snapback]

I so wanna belive thats a photo of you in your signature... dont get any ideas, not your avatar - your sig :P

i made the breathe animations as real as possible...stand up, now watch urself breathe..you don't bob up and down like in most of the games out there, you barely move..what makes u look alive are the other animations u do, not breathing so much. and that will be done by adding emotes later on..so you'll move on your own, not hte comp. doing it for u manually.

Guest Enyo
i made the breathe animations as real as possible...stand up, now watch urself breathe..you don't bob up and down like in most of the games out there, you barely move..what makes u look alive are the other animations u do, not breathing so much. and that will be done by adding emotes later on..so you'll move on your own, not hte comp. doing it for u manually.

181452[/snapback]

i love it.. i tried runescape the other day and some other games online and nothing can be compared to EL. great work, EL team! :axeman_rune: