Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Testing server

when i ran that the game was so laggy that i couldnt even talk

did i do something wrong or is my computer just slow???? :glare:

181441[/snapback]

Delete the opengl32.dll from the game directory. or download the new el.zip and try again over a fresh EL install

What is in this file? I tried downloading it and got the message, "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded." I have my "security" set at medium.

What is in this file?  I tried downloading it and got the message, "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."  I have my "security" set at medium.

181512[/snapback]

The el.zip? An exacutable for EL and a crap load of other files.

What is in this file?  I tried downloading it and got the message, "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded."  I have my "security" set at medium.

181512[/snapback]

The el.zip? An exacutable for EL and a crap load of other files.

181514[/snapback]

more likely it was my installer that couldn't be downloaded, simply because it's executable (it will set up everything itself rather than the user having to unzip to directories and such)

some pathetic people out there put virii and all the rest in files, which is why security to medium may cause a complaint here (though this is more the domain of a good virus scanner than the browser)

i found a bug : i can't make a "#"...

it's very difficult to play without that...

Note: my computer is a notebook

181577[/snapback]

hmm no #? interesting. Did it install over a copy of EL?

What keyboard layout are you using?

when i ran that the game was so laggy that i couldnt even talk

did i do something wrong or is my computer just slow???? :glare:

181441[/snapback]

I think I just discovered what this was... I normally run without shadows, so I didn't see it before... but turning shadow_mapping on brought my system to its knees.

If you have shadow mapping on, disable it. your graphics card/drivers may be up tot he task

and if it's not that, disable shadows in general, reflections, clouds, mipmaps, point particles, and anti aliasing(ooh, this was another that brought my computer much pain)

when you figure out which the problem is, please also let us know so we can look into it. If one feature is causing a lot of problems, we should be protecting against it

I think I just discovered what this was... I normally run without shadows, so I didn't see it before... but turning shadow_mapping on brought my system to its knees.

If you have shadow mapping on, disable it. your graphics card/drivers may be up tot he task

and if it's not that, disable shadows in general, reflections, clouds, mipmaps, point particles, and anti aliasing(ooh, this was another that brought my computer much pain)

when you figure out which the problem is, please also let us know so we can look into it.  If one feature is causing a lot of problems, we should be protecting against it

181637[/snapback]

well i deleted the game and reinstalled it.. for some reason it just suddenly worked

hmm no #? interesting. Did it install over a copy of EL?

What keyboard layout are you using?

181622[/snapback]

no it's a new install

french azerty keyboard on a dell 8500

same problem with # with a azerty belgium.

New install with the compilation of Tlanhil.

More precision, no |, @ and # (<altGr> 1, 2 3) but I can obtain []{}\

Edited by Lhibou

Furthermore you will have to get this package containing all the files you'll need (thanks ttlanhil):

http://www.freewebs.com/ttlanhil/Setup_EL_pre102.exe

179702[/snapback]

Please tell me this is mirrored somewhere - freewebs was not made for file hosting, and thus has VERY slow download/upload speeds. It has slower downloads that on my old 14.4kb/s modem (1k/s from freewebs :P )

Please tell me this is mirrored somewhere - freewebs was not made for file hosting, and thus has VERY slow download/upload speeds. It has slower downloads that on my old 14.4kb/s modem (1k/s from freewebs  :P )

181929[/snapback]

unfortunately not. of the places I looked, some didn't give enough space, some required the user to go to a web page where they can stick advertising before you can get to the file, and some would refuse to accept a .exe

if anyone does know of a site where I can put it without those problems (free, I'm a poor uni student) then I'll be happy to upload to other places too

The new spinners in the config screen need to move in much smaller intervals for things like Gamma & Font Size (maybe 0.01 instead of 0.50).

The new spinners in the config screen need to move in much smaller intervals for things like Gamma & Font Size (maybe 0.01 instead of 0.50).

182163[/snapback]

I have changed the gamma so that the values are passed as /10 (that means gamma = 10 means no changes).

Working on the other stuff right now.

I've uploaded a new exec to http://ttlanhil.tripod.com/EL/client_102.htm just now. as usual, this is just a small step over the installer, which you can get as below (thanks Lhibou!). Remember to read the page and follow directions, as usual

Version as of 20 july can be downloaded at :

http://users.skynet.be/lhibou/Setup_EL_pre102.exe

181951[/snapback]

I am such a ditz! :fire:

I have space on my ISP, so I'm now using that.

for the full installer: http://users.on.net/~gingerman/Setup_EL_pre102.exe (21Mb) This is current and up-to-date as of 2005-07-23

if you already have that, zeplins' package, or you got the update-test2 package yourself, then you only need the latest maps_n_such and executable. go to http://ttlanhil.tripod.com/EL/client_102.htm (maps and exec will only be 360Kb... far faster to get)

Edited by ttlanhil

I am such a ditz! :fire:

I have space on my ISP, so I'm now using that.

for the full installer: http://users.on.net/~gingerman/Setup_EL_pre102.exe (21Mb) This is current and up-to-date as of 2005-07-23

if you already have that, zeplins' package, or you got the update-test2 package yourself, then you only need the latest maps_n_such and executable. go to http://ttlanhil.tripod.com/EL/client_102.htm (maps and exec will only be 360Kb... far faster to get)

182355[/snapback]

i can't install your pack

the first write something like "can't run on MS DOS" (i use windows xp)

the second is a wrong archive

i can't install your pack

the first write something like "can't run on MS DOS" (i use windows xp)

the second is a wrong archive

182368[/snapback]

the first one is definantly a windows program, made and works on a WinXP box. Not working is mighty odd

the second, one though had an error from before the edit, if you got it a while before making your post, grab it again