Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aerowind

Paganism

Okay, well I decided to pop in the forums since I'm not busy.

Well yes I've converted to Paganism now nobody probably knows what that is you ask right?

Well Paganism is a religion based on Nature and elements (fire, water, earth, air) yes Paganism usually would cast magick (note the k not to be confused with magic) such as Divination etc. ooo and remember that being Pagan does not require you to cast Magick

Also another thing to know is Pagan is an umbrella term like Christian, there are many forms of Christian as there is Pagan (common Pagans and the most heard would be like Wiccan and Druidry (yes Druidry IS a religion))

I am an Eclectic Druid which means I follow most of the beliefs of a druid but twist and turn them add and subract a few to my liking (hence the eclectic part)

If you want to know any more about Paganism then google it :rolleyes:

Also if your not very religious and Paganism sounds interesting to you, PM me and I'll give you a cool forum to post on.

One more comment, if you are Pagan already tell me so maybe we can talk about some beliefs and if you discriminate against religions of not your own don't even think about posting here, I'm posting for an open discussion about religions and so people can get rid of the stereo-typical beliefs about a witch other things of the sort

P.S. just remember I haven't been Pagan too long so don't ask me all these super hard questions and stuff.

P.S.S. I'm not trying to convert anyone so don't think that I am trying

Edited by Aerowind

K.. don't know much about the issue, but out of curiosity how long has been paganism or atleast the form of paganism that you practise around? And I am not asking about the roots of your belief system (I don't know if religion is an appropriate word), the roots are quite old, I am talking of how old are your texts,incantations etc..... oh and in what language (english right?) etc.

EDIT: typos

Edited by giannis

K.. don't know much about the issue, but out of curiosity how long has been paganism or atleast the form of paganism that you practise around? And I am not asking about the roots of your belief system (I don't know if religion is an appropriate word), the roots are quite old, I am talking of how old are your texts,incantations etc..... oh and in what language (english right?) etc.

EDIT: typos

177979[/snapback]

Well according to this:

I am an Eclectic Druid which means I follow most of the beliefs of a druid but twist and turn them add and subract a few to my liking (hence the eclectic part)

The form of paganism that Aerowind is into has been around exactly since he turned into it. :lol: But, as he said, everyone has the right to believe what s/he want (or to not believe in anything at all... :) )

-Regards people.

Edited by m_bee

Well according to this:

The form of paganism that Aerowind is into has been around exactly since he turned into it. :lol: But, as he said, everyone has the right to believe what s/he want (or to not believe in anything at all... :) )

-Regards people.

177985[/snapback]

True.... But if Aerowind is the starter of his own religion, i don't want to join :( (No offence.). Unless off course, he can heal cancer, raise the dead, cast fire from his eyes, levitate, and turn poo into gold (then i might reconsider :P)

What i find intresting is this:

yes Paganism usually would cast magick (note the k not to be confused with magic)

177763[/snapback]

What's the difference? :D

Besides if you want to be really picky about words/definitions and you insist that there is a big difference between the two words, I think you should abandon the prefix magic- and its derrivatives altogather(Magic/Magica/Magice/Magicz0rs etc). Since the word magic and it's derivatives comes from the Magi who were the priests of zoroastra (A very intresting religion that has no connection with druids, paganism, etc.)

:ph34r::D

okay, one some Pagans believe that Paganism was one of the first religions such as the religion of Indians etc.

okay, the difference of magick and magic: magic is all the illusions and junk you would see on T.V.

magick is 100% real, and it's very powerful

Paganism is very open about the beliefs in it, eclectic Druid is not a religion that I just made up, Druidry is a form of paganism, and being an eclectic Pagan or adding eclectic to a path means your not strictly following all the ways of one path.

It's real life... that's why it's in Off Topic Misc.

okay, the difference of magick and magic:  magic is all the illusions and junk you would see on T.V.

magick is 100% real, and it's very powerful

178110[/snapback]

Erm... magic is magic as we all know it from history.

MagicK was used by Aleister Crowley to draw a line between the old magic and that what he claims to have developed.

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/occult/crowley.html

You would like to find out more about the history of the hermetic ordre of the Golden Dawn, if youre interested in Magick.

Piper

I think you're confusing magick with witchcraft. :P

Magick is just Crowley's word.

Edit: Damnit Piper. Don't steal my thoughts.

Edited by Kala

I think you're confusing magick with witchcraft.  :P

Magick is just Crowley's word.

Edit: Damnit Piper. Don't steal my thoughts.

178183[/snapback]

Today ive got your thoughts, tomorrow your soul....

:) :lol: :)

Piper

Just one thing:

I read in the paper recently that a man got sent to jail for drugging and assualting a girl, and claimed it was part of his pagan rituals, and that he shouldn't be sent to jail just for following his religion.

Sounds a bit weird to me...

Well that would be completely wrong because one famous Pagan saying is "as it harm none, do what thou wilt" and he was clearly harming someone.

and Pip, witches (witchcraft) cast magick so no I'm not confusing magick with witchcraft (if you look around CoS you'll find that they talked about Crowley)

And yes there are male witches (they are not called wizards or warlocks) but if you wanted the stereotypical male Pagan it would be a Druid

Well that would be completely wrong because one famous Pagan saying is "as it harm none, do what thou wilt" and he was clearly harming someone.

there's a lot of variations on this, in many religions. pity people don't listen more... holy wars indeed, when the religion you're protecting says not to kill

and Pip, witches (witchcraft) cast magick so no I'm not confusing magick with witchcraft (if you look around CoS you'll find that they talked about Crowley)

magic with a c is stage/street magic, and also the magic in stories/games. magick with a k is what's in spells and such. and before anyone objects, a pagan spell is roughly equivelant to a christian prayer. asking nature/god to do something for you.

And yes there are male witches (they are not called wizards or warlocks)

178217[/snapback]

yeah, I've gotten that before... tell someone that I'm a witch, and they say "you mean a warlock" erm... yes, that's right, you with only what you've seen on telly know my religion better than me, my mistake <_<

on the other hand, there are many things people don't know about their own religion.

things like 13 being unlucky, walking under a ladder, etc, all christian beleifs (13 being the number of people at the last supper. also why friday 13th is doubly unlucky. but you'd have a hard time convincing people friday alone is unlucky :P and walking under a ladder is breaking the holy trinity; the ladder being triangular and all)

as for me... I'm a non-practicing traditional green witch (green in the traditional sence, not the wiccan one)

so your telling me your Pagan ttlan? awesome (if I interpreted that correctly)

and yes there is something called Dark Paganism which usually cast what most people call "black magick" which is casting a spell on someone without there permission (curse) that is usually intended to harm the person they are cursing

heh, I kinda commited blasphemy (I was Christian before this (KIND OF))

but lol, even blasphmey isn't much of a crime in Paganism so =\

yah, I'm a pagan, a traditional witch (as opposed to wiccan, which is an offshoot of traditional witchcraft in the early 1900s by a bloke by the name of gardinier or something. wicca has grown enough (and has enough differences) to be seperate from traditional witchcraft, though they call themselves witches too)

oh, and scarab, you should look at why. why should christians fear other religions? (fear enough that they'd kill any of us they find for hundreds of years)

because we're asociated with the devil? well, no, pagans have been around far longer than the concept of the devil. in fact, most 'primitive' religions are pagan, as they worship nature rather than a supreme being (lets not go into how that works)

the horned god appears in some pagan beleifs, but isn't the devil (it's a goat, not humanoid)

there's a lot of claims about pagans making sacrifices, sometimes even human ones... well, if you think about it, a nature-worshipping religion makes this kinda a stupid idea

many of the fears of witches, a I understand it, came from their powers... but this wasn't so much people practicing magic or hurting people... it was the village healers.

these people had a lot of herb lore(which western medicine still has a huge amount to learn from), able to cure or treat a variety of maladies... sounds good, right? but they must also know how to do harm with these skills (which seem like magic to those who don't know about herbs and all). think of how much trouble they could cause!

so people were scared of other people because of their abilities. the fact that they hadn't used their skills for evil was irrelevant, they could later

the only real reason for christians to persecute pagans, that I can see, is that they don't want to compete with other religions. and being able to kill anyone who doesn't say and beleive as you do means you've pretty much got the power to do this.

I've tried to avoid any religion bashing here, I'm hoping it will stay that way (else the mods will take our thread away :huh: )

bleh, just seen how long this is... who went and let me ramble?

I didn't say I feared your religion or any other religion, besides the christians you talk about were mostly catholic and protestants. But then that was the majority of christianity back in the day.

I didn't say I feared your religion or any other religion

178386[/snapback]

no, sorry, I mean that was my guess at the reason why the church of the day made such a thing blasphemous

Well and the bible DOES say that witchraft (wich they linked to pagan) is a work of satan. Which is likely why they persecuted.