Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bana

Appearance mage

I strongly feel that there should be a NPC in this game that is a mage. I think that he/she should change your appearance for a large sum of gold coins. Face it, most people will desire to change their appearance at some point in time. I think It would be a great addition.

The Mage could also do other things to. It could maybe allow a player to "unuse" some Pick Points for a sum of gold, and i dont know whatever anyone else can dream up.

Mainly i just think that an appearance change in game, would make a good addition.

Guest Gecko_Master

I think this is a good idea. I've wanted to change the color of my characters clothing. My idea, if its for large sums of gold or pick points to be like this,

Clothing-Price-Pick Points

Shirt/1500/3

Pants/1000/2

Boots/500/1

Hair/1000/2

This is just an idea here, if this is gonna be used, it probably would be tweeked.

Edited by Gecko_Master

I think this is a good idea. I've wanted to change the color of my characters clothing. My idea, if its for large sums of gold or pick points to be like this,

Clothing-Price-Pick Points

Shirt    1500        3

Pants    1000        2

Boots    500        1

Hair      1000        2

This is just an idea here, if this is gonna be used, it probably would be tweeked.

175421[/snapback]

Need to make the prices a LOT higher then that. it doesn't take very long to earn 1k if you are harvesting fruit.

Agreed, money above 100k (at least) pickpoint are much more valuable, and (if any) only 1 should be used to change the whole dressing.

Guest Gecko_Master
Need to make the prices a LOT higher then that. it doesn't take very long to earn 1k if you are harvesting fruit.

175422[/snapback]

Ok, refixed the prices....

Clothing-Coins-Pick points

Shirt/6000/3

Pants/5500/2

Boots/4000/1

Hair/5000/2

Would these work?

BTW people post too fast for me to keep up, lol :lol:

Edited by Gecko_Master

My idea was 100k or so for a full appearance change...

Player talks to mage mage asks if player has money. Mage charges player, and player's screen is changed to the original screen where you design ur players appearance... If you are a member, members could change races between all 6, if not, player is stuck in the other 3... and when all is said and done, player returns to the screen being thanked by the mage... just that simple, and it is something everyone would appreciate... (PLEASE ENT AND ROJA!) xD

I think PP is a bad idea.... My pp idea was that if you pay the mage what,,, another large sum of money, you can get SOME of ur PP reset...

Edited by Bana

OMG not 100k to change your clothes which you wear armour over!! for the pickpoint thing i think its a great idea but not to highly prices either. I think people would rather reset than pay 100k!! :P

Trye what the heck are all the poor peopl going to do... xD I think it may be better just to eliminate PP use for change all together (to avoid that resetting,) and lower the price maybe to 10k. This would allow people to not have an appearance change often, but would allow players to have a better chance to actually do this.

100k for changing the color of your clothes? I mean who will do that? Usually you will wear some sort of other clothes or armour anyways...

yeah, about 6-8k to change ur appearance is good. and its low enough that alot of people will do it. it could easily pull 50k from the game a week. no PPs tho, they are too valuable for people to use them.

Well, maybe 100k may seem a bit high, but my thought was to avoid people being toying with this thing all the day, anyway, the price is not important. But make you pay pickpoints for that is just a way to ask people not to use that functionality.

To get one pp above oa 70 can take you days, weeks and even months (unless you play el all day). If you do something that would require pickpoints, then it will be a nice thing for newbies, but an unusable one for high level players.

Edited by m_bee

100k is too high and who cares if people toy with it all day..........it would be a good way to have money leave the game :P

Anyway as long as the big man is making money off of it now why would he make it so people can do it for "free"

Maybe we should start pay for it in silver coins ? o.0

Anyway you should think before you create character ....

Maybe 5$ isn't much but 5$ here 5$ there etc. and we have 100/200$...

If they make NPC who change it for free they will lose some RL money .. :angry:

:angry:

Edited by NitageR

I think it is a very good idea to have a clothes-shop and a hairdresser ingame. Not a new idea, but still a very good one.

It may very well attract more players, especially female players and thus maybe even create more income for the creators.

If you combine it with capes and stuff you can only buy for RL money...

i think you can alredy pay about $5 to get your name/appearance change and keep ur skills, so there would be no point in having $5 to just change ur appearance.

176078[/snapback]

lol of course you would keep your skills...

um this idea is sort of in RS.

By the city of falador is a mage know as the makeover mage. if you pay him 3K he'll change your gander and your skin colour.

In the city of falador is a hairdessers who changes your hair type for 2K

In vorock is a clothes shop where you change your clothes for 500gc (top/bottem only)so 1K in total)

i thinkc changing your clothes now and then would be good. everyone's top get stain of blood on it and it stink like nothing only time we wash is when we walk into water but where can we do that

if we are to dodge all ideas that even hints of RS then we may as well shut down the server. i must say that i much prefer this game over rs as for one the interface is much better :blink:

hair color and style and clothing colors should be about 1-3k to change as this then allows for money drain :(

it would be allso interesting to have armor being customizable in apperance. here the more elaborate ones can cost maybe up to a million or more :P

ie, make new skins for the armors. clone the stats and place a npc somewhere that can change the style of the armor, for a price ;)

tons of new items for people to play around with and to further customize the looks of their character.

hell, lets redo the capes so that the ones we have now are just ordinalry ones while the ones that give and effect have some image or other on it that hints as what it does :P

interesting to have armor being customizable in apperance

you can do this but its quite tricky

With the new character interface it should actually be fairly easy to do this... Will just need to add a few more buttons :D