Eternal Lands Official Forums
Painful

Leather Gloves

Not quite sure where this goes, it's my first post, but...

I've been thinking about making leather gloves and selling them.

The required stuff to make is:

Needle:(3 gc at a general store)

4 Thread:(1 gc each at a general store, 4 gc total)

4 Leather:(10 gc each at a general store, 40 gc total)

Total cost of all items: 47 gc, 44 gc without needle.

Ok, so you buy the stuff and make it. Then go to the NPC "Trik" and try to sell them. He's buying them for 20 gc each.

Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Make cheap leather quest.

Tankel's daughter sells you 75 leather for 350 gc.

1) While at Tankel's, go back in and see Kelcha. She will mention parts of a dream she had. Coordinates 292, 242 (MM map)

2) Go once again to Edlera and offer Tankel's apology. Ask her about Kelcha's dream, and she will send you to gather a flower that looks like a White Asiatic Lilly but only grows on a small piece of land surrounded by water. Coordinates 141, 165 (MM map)

3) Travel to Lakeside Village and go to the small island in the lake. 'Use' the flower to pick one. Coordinates 634, 202 (WS map)

4) Bring the flower to Kelcha and ask her to try this. She will relate the rest of her dream. Coordinates 292, 242 (MM map)

Buy now cheap leather and have fun :>

:blink:

Edited by NitageR

Read my editet post.

It is working now (quest).

Do you know now everything ?

Edited by NitageR

and to answer your actual question. it's indeed supposed to be that you sell the gloves for a little lower then you buy them so you don't make money to easily

I did a price check, with the cheap leather quest prices.

Figured that the cost of cheap leather = 4.67 (rounded)

Leather Gloves = 4 leather (4 * 4.67) + 4 thread (4 * 1) = 22.67 (Trik buys for 20)

Leather Pants = 7 leather (7 * 4.67) + 10 thread (10 * 1) = 42.67 (Trik buys for 40)

Leather Helms = 3 leather (3 * 4.67) + 4 thread (4 * 1) = 18 (Trik buys for 20)

Suggestion: Make leather helms for profit, if that's what you're looking for.

EDIT: Crud, I forgot to add the 10 for the thread on the pants. Thanks for catching that, Cajs.

Edited by Arnieman

Make cheap leather quest.

Tankel's daughter sells you 75 leather for 350 gc.

1) While at Tankel's, go back in and see Kelcha. She will mention parts of a dream she had. Coordinates 292, 242 (MM map)

2) Go once again to Edlera and offer Tankel's apology. Ask her about Kelcha's dream, and she will send you to gather a flower that looks like a White Asiatic Lilly but only grows on a small piece of land surrounded by water. Coordinates 141, 165 (MM map)

3) Travel to Lakeside Village and go to the small island in the lake. 'Use' the flower to pick one. Coordinates 634, 202 (WS map) 

4) Bring the flower to Kelcha and ask her to try this. She will relate the rest of her dream. Coordinates 292, 242 (MM map)

Buy now cheap leather and have fun :>

:)

174913[/snapback]

Found the flower... I 'use' the flower but nothing seems to happen... Does it just take a couple minutes to harvest?

Found the flower... I 'use' the flower but nothing seems to happen... Does it just take a couple minutes to harvest?

177945[/snapback]

If you are using the official client, you can't "pick" the flower properly. This is a known issue, and it's fixed.

Luckily, there are 2 options for doing this:

1.) get a "newer" version. You can either compile the CVS if you know how, or find a precompiled CVS (check ttlanhil's signature), or you can even check out the TC client. (There may be other options for this; I just don't know them.)

2.) edit one of your files. Click here for details.

If you are using the official client, you can't "pick" the flower properly.  This is a known issue, and it's fixed.

Luckily, there are 2 options for doing this:

1.) get a "newer" version.  You can either compile the CVS if you know how, or find a precompiled CVS (check ttlanhil's signature), or you can even check out the TC client.  (There may be other options for this; I just don't know them.)

2.) edit one of your files.  Click here for details.

178124[/snapback]

Thanks...

Did #2, thanks for link.

However...I do have a few questions, about #1.

Question #1. I'm running 1.0.1 from the full download on "eternal-lands.com". Is that the newest version?

#2. I'm no programmer...,but...I heard there was an updated encyclopedia so I looked for it, downloaded it, then what do I do with it...?

#3. And what does "CVS" stand for, mean, and do? And I guess a "TC client" is a type of client, know what a client is, but what does the "TC" stand for, mean, do?

TC is the guild that Labrat, the client's created belongs to and named it after. It is unofficial, but legal. Any questions regarding it are to be made on the TC forums, and not the EL forums. The admins do not give support to the TC client as it is unofficial.

The CVS client is the unstable client the developers are working on and can change from day to day (and sometimes hour to hour). Using that requires being able to compile it and hope no bugs are in it. The TC client often gets features added to it from CVS prior to the official release of that feature.

Since Pocal and Learner got #3, I'll take #1. :)

1.0.1 is the most recent stable OFFICIAL release. Anything older, and you would not be able to run EL. (While CVS is inherently newer, as Learner said it's not stable.)

If you are interested in the CVS thing look a detailed explanation is this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15707.

Regarding the stability, there are some known issues (mostly in the Windows version, I have no problem with the linux one that I use). The latest encyclopedia files are in the CVS repository, ttlanhil has also links in his nice signature to a precompiled binary taken from recent CVS shots, as well as the data files for the encyclopedia.

If you intend to compile the latest CVS you may find usefull also this thread:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...topic=16101&hl=

Will stay stable...seems risky just for an updated encyclopedia and more work...

Although it would be neat if you could download(or see) just the encloyedia and see it without needing, or having to download it into EL, to open EL(not sure if this has already been done or is impossible).

Basically, I'd like an updated enclopedia(with pics if possible, not it doesn't matter) either online or downloadable, but you'd have to have someone to create it, and update... Could probably never happen, but would be awesome...

Just an idea...(If there's a way to see it without downloading an unstable version of EL please tell me)

EDIT: And thanks for the answers on my questions, everyone. :angry:

Edited by Painful

you can download the newer encyc alone, see dev->encyc->getting the encyc (pinned topic)

as for being available online, and being updated by client... maybe some day. I'd like to have that set up, it's just a bit more work to organise

Seen that topic before, downloaded the secure version(lang-1.0.2.zip) then what do I do?

hmm... Just noticed it says 1.0.2, I'm running 1.0.1 that a problem?

178824[/snapback]

nope, the 1.0.2 means that it was made ready for the game to be updated.

once you download it, unzip/extract that file with winzip/winrar/whatever you use (even the tool built into winXP if you use that) into your EL directory.

unlike the maps, you will need to restart EL to get the updated encyclopedia

Thanks alot... The Extract thing really clicked...I have Winzip, so Extract...

The only unzipping I ever do is for games that you can't auto install, click the .exe file and your off...

Thanks again.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.