Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Enyo

monster drops = practically 0

Guest Enyo

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the monster drops for the past month or more have decreased to practically nothing at all? I can't even recall how long it's been since i got a cloak in a drop .. even the cheap weapons that we sell to trik have decreased..

monster drop rates effect the economy on EL in various ways.. we all choose our roles on the game.. some of us are what one would call a more complete player and works to develop all skills.. while yet others stay focussed on one or two..no one is more important than another and we all need each other on the game.. we all have our roles to play..

when these drops have decreased to nothing as they are now.. fighters do not have a way to make money on the game other than pking other players or resorting to bagjumping and scamming.. personally, im not into scamming and bagjumping and i've not been fortunate enough to make money from pking, lol.

when fighters don't have money on the game, then they can't pay the prices that manu/potion makers/crafters/alchemists want.. many fighters resort to making their own ess or potions, etc..

then we end up having organized strikes from manu and alchemists, lol.. yet they complain the fighters are the richest in the game, lol..

im always struggling to keep even a pair of boots much less worry about being the richest, lol..they complained when we were find the ros stone and selling it for 7K.. claiming that we are the richest, etc.. it's not fair and the stone is overpriced, etc.. bullcrap garbage basically..

guess what? now the harvestors are the only ones who find the ros stone and they have marked up the price by nearly 300%... now the stone sells for 20K... instead of the 7K that fighters sold it for, lol...

please give us back our monster drops and our ros stones and we will be more than happy to pay 20K for plate or 10K for greaves or for cuisses or 10K for a serp, etc; etc; etc;

Guest Enyo
maybe monsters should drop more gold?

174645[/snapback]

sounds good to me and beats selling lilacs :P

More gold is good but will it make a big difference?? :D depends on how much ya raise it by roja... Im moving on from rubbish drop monsters now but for the not so good fighters i dont think its fair, they dont get good drops to make gc and cant pk anyone and make some gc. Both ways they lose. Now if the good drop monsters drop rubbish too all fighters will end up poor :D

Plz help us :P

174645[/snapback]

Im in full support of this =)

Would be nice to be able to support my other skills by fighting

More gold from monsters ?

Sound cool..but won't change anything.

Why?

Owners of ro stones (etc.) will demand more gold for it.

Example :

-Monsters drop x2 gold ...

-Seller tells you, monsters drop now 2 times more gc so 30k (or more..) for ro stone is cool price. ( :S )

:P

Edited by NitageR

Dont forget..that monsters dropping too many GOOD things (capes, books) has ruined the economy - due to a flood of these items.

EDIT: yes more gold might be better

Edited by crannog

Guest Enyo

-=  Why?  =-

Example :

-Monsters drop x2 gold ...

-Seller tells you, monsters drop now 2 times more gc so 30k (or more..) for ro stone is cool price. ( :S )

Eeeks sorry for 2 times posting.. my stupid mistake.

174658[/snapback]

i agree and i would like to see more gold, more drops and also the ros stone back so we can have a little input in the prices.. harvestors are taking advantage of us and that's just wrong.. i agree with the manu on strike and i don't blame them to not want to sell for less than what it cost to make.. on the same note, they should also support our agenda as well because without a reliable source of income on the game we can't pay the prices that they want and deserve.

174645[/snapback]

yeh, i train fluffy for like 5 hour per run and get only 3k gold..most of the time i degrade armor aswel, and flfufy drops hardly anything

i agree and i would like to see more gold, more drops and also the ros stone back so we can have a little input in the prices.. harvestors are taking advantage of us and that's just wrong.. i agree with the manu on strike and i don't blame them to not want to sell for less than what it cost to make.. on the same note, they should also support our agenda as well because without a reliable source of income on the game we can't pay the prices that they want and deserve.

174662[/snapback]

SR's and HE wont be doubled for sure

Guest Enyo
yeh, i train fluffy for like 5 hour per run and get only 3k gold..most of the time i degrade armor aswel, and flfufy drops hardly anything

174665[/snapback]

wow 3K gold? that's way more than i get in the same amount of time.. like twice more i think..

Why not ? :D

Normal ppl would sell it for normal -old- price i think.

When they don' have he/srs you have choice :

-stay out of he for a some.

-buy he/srs for crazy money

But there would be many n00bs who would sell it for -new- price... :/ - tons of them...

I don't mind coz i make he/srs always myself :D

Edited by NitageR

Why?

174657[/snapback]

Exactly, And manuers and crafters will get a decent ammount of money to support the hours they spend moving gold silver iron whatever. Bring a little more balance to the flow of gold in EL.

it is a good idea to have gold being replaced with monster drops, how about haveing rich monsters drop an occasional bag of 50gc, 100gc, 500gc or more every once in a while instead of haveing a book or item that isn't really rare. this would allow fighters to get an occasional prize while not takeing buisness away from manufacturers/crafters.

Yeh, saves them the hassle of selling drops then LOL

but seriously, its a better option than raising the amount of normal book/cape/stone drops again

Edited by crannog

Just let Monsters drop sometimes bags with more gold as normal ?

maby for trolls it is 50-100gc

ogres 100-200

cyclops 100-300

fluffys 100-400

chimerians 100-500

or something like that

ogres 100-200

cyclops 100-300

fluffys 100-400

chimerians 100-500

or something like that

174679[/snapback]

Hmm, thinking about that there is already too much money in game, i dont like the idea.

But whats about that?

trolls 0-100gc

ogres 0-200

cyclops 0-300

fluffys 0-400

chimerians 0-500

Piper

ogres 100-200

cyclops 100-300

fluffys 100-400

chimerians 100-500

or something like that

174679[/snapback]

Sounds fair. Just don't make it too common. :)

Dropping more gold is the way to go if 2 things also happen in abundance...

1. The fighters are either sinking most of the gold into NPC's or players for their "goodies".

2. That the gold coming in from the game is also going back into the game in a high percentage.

If those two things don't coincide with the increase in gold drops, then we will have an economy like we had before the reset/crash. Where everyone has crap-loads of money, and we're paying 1000 gold for 1 beaver fur.

And if that happens, we are back in the same shape as right now, only it's just the photo negative of now.

i think if a (slight) increase in the amount of gold droped (which is what we are talking about) happens, it wont do the sort of damage we seen on the old server.

well, the idea is to have fighters get gold so that htey can purchase items from manuers or npc's, moving the economy a bit more.

since books are no longer going to be dropped, people will also use that money to give to NPC's to buy the books(getting money outta the game).

Guest Enyo
Dont forget..that monsters dropping too many GOOD things (capes, books) has ruined the economy - due to a flood of these items.

EDIT: yes more gold might be better

174660[/snapback]

who says that.. YOU? i disagree...

who says that.. YOU?  i disagree...

174713[/snapback]

Roja did you see my poll on books being droped?? if not take a look. Some idea's there and for the gold drop i think it should be rapidly increased. Crannog your not a fighter so why do you have to suggest that only a small amount is dropped :) ?