Eternal Lands Official Forums

If you have ever played America's Army, u know that if you shoot a friend, u go to prison for 15 minutes. what if a thing like that was brought in - a map with no exit, Mods beam ppl that have killed unicorns(see general chat) or abused the game in a very bad way/broken the rules. Then they have to stay there for 1 ingame hour then are auto matically sent to IP. Kind of like an underworld except u lose no items, just a temporary penalty. (better kill some1 or be somebodys b**** the 1st day or u are free game).

Mmm... so you're basically told to go have your shower/shopping/whatever now instead of a bit later. anything time based dun really work if you can go AFK

Maybe just impose fines, denying access to storage until it is payed.

If storage contains enough gold to pay the fine, then it is deducted. Otherwise, characters can deposite gc only until the fine is met.

Denial of storage may be a major blow to characters, although they could get a dummy character it act as broker (illegal?).

Another exit point for money in EL...

If people break rules several times they get booted or banned, I think that's really enough.

172281[/snapback]

Actually, I tend to side with the Jail idea. Not to bad if you carnt access chat or anything.

The time increasing gets longer, The more you screw up lol. Then decreases every month you manage to keep your mouth closed =)

problem with this is............lets say u have nothing at all in ur inv, and your antisocial, where are you gonna get the money to deposit?

a game called dransik had a prison system....but you only got out by doing a certain amount of harvesting (rock breaking)

so just like in real life america you could be made to break rocks as a punishment.

a game called dransik had a prison system....but you only got out by doing a certain amount of harvesting (rock breaking)

so just like in real life america you could be made to break rocks as a punishment.

174050[/snapback]

I think we have a winner! What a splended solution.

This solves the AFK problem. Something tedious that the players must work through before being released.

Edited by trollson

to solve the afk problem - in prison you have to be to meals on time or you don't eat. take away all of someone's food items when they get beamed in to prison (wouldn't want any smugglers, would we?) and have rations of 2 [food] every 10 minutes that you must physically be on your computer to pick up. then, for every minute your food level goes negative, have the game add a minute to the prison sentence. i think the jail's a good idea :)

oh.. and you are allowed 3 messages out for each hour in prison which you can use to beg a friend to bail you out. that'd get rid of some of the gold on the market AND discourage rule breaking.

Mmm... so you're basically told to go have your shower/shopping/whatever now instead of a bit later. anything time based dun really work if you can go AFK

172073[/snapback]

yea but your still missing an hour of game play :)

I think its a good idea.

yea but your still missing an hour of game play  :)

I think its a good idea.

174703[/snapback]

Well, send them to the mine then and let them deliver 10k iron ore to a guard NPC, who releases them, when they are done.

Wanna see, how someone can do that afk :lol:

Piper

lol 10k is a bit harsh. People could still harvest afk and deliver to guard every 5 mins when their overloaded..  :)

174718[/snapback]

The load would depend on the crime. If we assume people will go AFK, then larger loads would be applicable.

How about disabling the 'stop on event' when breaking rocks in prison? If a prisoner goes AFK, they could get hit my multiple rockfalls and killed -- leaving their deathbag next to characters of ill repute.

Rider to this -- Don't take away characters equipment when they go to prison. If they are loaded down already, then rock breaking will take even longer (and more to lose if they accidentally die). I would assume that there is no food in the prison either.

A possibly amusing addition to an EL penal system would be prison uniforms, including ball & chain and manicles. While a Mod could reset the offending character's clothing colours to orange or arrow-stripes, it would be more useful if there were items which could only be 'equipped' and 'unequipped' by a Mod (ie, the player could not remove them by themselves). This could be related to 'cursed items' discussed elsewhere. For example:

• Body slot: Prison tunic, arrow stripes.
  • Legging slot: Prison pants, arrow stripes.
  • Feet slot: Ball and chain; large encumberance, reduced mobility.
  • Hand slot (L&R): Manicles; encumberance and reduces dexterity.

These would prevent the wearing of armour or equipment in the same slot of course!

Edited by trollson

Another Suggestion

Maybe when you go to prison you can't do there anything you "freeze" for a some...

And your lvls go down a/d/magic/manu for example ... like in Morrowind when you went to prison you lvls after it were lower a bit..

I know it is easy to write something but much harder do it :(

Edited by NitageR

i think if you have this idea as a punishment it should be employed relatively quickly with some simple rules....only then can ideas really be expanded on.

if we/you guys come up with lots of intricate ideas now and try and employ them straight away i can only see confusion at first....no matter how many times you tell people to read the rules.

Nice idea. Some of the added suggestions are great too.

Maybe make this prison somewhere in the open, so other players could walk past and see which players have been behaving badly (a kind of humurous public ridicule)?

174050[/snapback]

America stoped doing that like 60-80 years ago.

Nice idea. Some of the added suggestions are great too.

Maybe make this prison somewhere in the open, so other players could walk past and see which players have been behaving badly (a kind of humurous public ridicule)?

178516[/snapback]

Nice, i was thinking there could be a storage were (automaticly on sentence) were all item in the prisoner's inventory untill the punishment is over.

Nice, i was thinking there could be a storage were (automaticly on sentence) were all item in the prisoner's inventory untill the punishment is over.

178554[/snapback]

Nah. Make them carry everything they had -- especially if they where fully loaded and have to break rocks! Many more trips between rock pile and warden.

Think of the danger of dying in a rock fall and leaving a deathbag in the midst of the scum of the world... :P