Eternal Lands Official Forums
LochnessLobster

Join Manu's On Strike!

lol a manu strike?!?!?!?!? shit if anything fighters should...been getting ripped off left and right anymore...

True dat. And I think the manu system needs reworked entirely, you already have to pay too much for the stuff without people going on strike and raising prices :D

most manufactured items are made and sold at around the cost of the rare materials (asumeing fire essences are sold around 3gc) and that is the main problem. this is ignoreing failure rates so it actually turns out to be a loss. this has partially been fixed a little because of cheaper lether from the quest but the margins from manufacturing is really low. doing just about anything else would gain more profit. you could probly make more money makeing warm fur gloves fox scarves and fur cloaks than you will makeing anything of higher skill. especially if you sell the bones and meat.

If you read the entire thread worf, i already said that.

and no one person is gonna set the prices, we agree to them as a whole

Edited by crannog

atleast manuers can earn money...with the loss of drops im poor as hell

EDIT:accidently clicked a quote thingy =d

167937[/snapback]

Manu only earn money by harvesting like everyone else. Usually I will lvl with leather pants cause their cheap and have very low rate of failer Then I sell them to trik at a loss. I would make something better but he doesn't buy much. Then I harvest fruit to help me pay for more leather. I started trying to lvl on steel chain but steel cost too much, takes days to sell since trik doesn't buy and again the profit is not their. Plate armor is impossible to lvl on since none of us can afford that many efes. Even when we sell the expensive stuff like pates with the price things have come down to as of late we do not make a profit.

Its like this "woo hooo finally I can make plate armor after all this hard work>" Then after we made and sold it "woo hoo after all this time lvling to get here and I am still going back to harvesting to make money"

If this stuff is over priced then I would like to know who ends up with all the gold coins....I have sold about 5 cruisses, 5 greaves, least 6 steel chains, and a few steel shields this month. All around market value. Currently I have about 3k gc on me (which I made last night harvesting fruit). I don't even have enough gold for the efes to make greaves and cruisses of my own.

Now I am wonder if it is even worth while to lvl manu anymore cause I still can't make iron plates and they sell for more. Looking at them they take 2 efes and a lot of other things At the price I have seen them in market lately I can not believe they are even worth worth making.

I think Guilds are affecting prices quite a lot. For example, if I need something I will first ask my guild, seeing as my guild has many great manu'ers and crafters, I supply the materials and they make it for me, (I may supply a small fee because I know they are hard working manu'ers) I get the item and they get the exp, I have no need to buy from the market channel. I think this is the case with most people. Im not sure anything can be done about that.

Edited by Brom

brom has a point...and besides raising prices (this is where common sence kicks in) wont do any good...if anything people will just turn to a friend and have them make it...thus resulting in no change or a bigger loss in cash...

brom has a point...and besides raising prices (this is where common sence kicks in) wont do any good...if anything people will just turn to a friend and have them make it...thus resulting in no change or a bigger loss in cash...

168037[/snapback]

And you can't stop the undercutters. They are always around.

and some of the undercutters are the fighters that are complaining about prices being too high. Think about the T-Long market or S2E, what little market is there to begin with is hurt by all the weapons drops. Then the fighters complain if you try to raise the price on their uber weapon or if you try to ask a reasonable price for a T-Long.

Its a valid point, but the ammount of plate armours they get from PKing are few in number.

The number of serps they get on drops is also very few, i say this CAN work.

One other thing that has gone up in price over the past few months are EFE. Perhaps it is time to look at the rate at which these appear?

And reguarding EFE's Ill be honest, what threw the market off with these is the fact that they are cheap to buy in real money. For example, when I bought my draegoni, I also got 12 EFE's :D sold 1 just for cash, 3 into my Plate armour (already had 1 peice) and the rest I have in store, (waiting until they might become rare again or I need another set of armour)

Major consideration: increase the amount EFE's cost in USD in the shop site.

Well... I can see the point of everyones problems, but I think that maybe you are heading for the wrong solution.

First of all, everyone need to take a deep breath, and remember that this is only a game!

A strike might work in real life, but here - I don't truely belive it. With so many people playing, and not everyone reading on the forums, it would be really hard to get the messege out.

What I see as an alternative would be something more in the ways of raising the chance of getting EFE, EWE and ELE as well as serp-stones, and maybe rostogol stones too, thus making it easier for people to make some of the better armor and weapons, and thereby lowering the prices of such items, to a point where they are actually atainable without working a week or so to raise money.

Also getting Trix to pay a bit more would be a good thing, so that you don't lose money on selling to him - just earning 3-5 gc's would be ok I think - and also enabling him to purchase more different things might help.

I know this is all something that has to go through the game-creators, and I know they propably have their reasons for not doing these things, but it's just a suggestion.

The thought about making some sort of of price-guidelines sound like a real great idea.

Just as long as the prices are only just that - guidelines. And they should be made real reasonable.

Perhaps something like calculating the price if you bought all materials in shops, and setting that price as guideline.

That could end up being like this:

Leather pants -

7 Leathers - 7*10gc = 70gc (7*4.6gc = 46gc with cheap leather quest)

10 Threads - 10*1gc = 10gc

1 Needle - 1*1gc = 1gc

Total = 70+10+1 = 81gc (46+10+1 = 57gc with cheap leather quest)

Recomended selling price = 85-90gc

I know that some of the rare stuff - EFE, serp-stone and other stuff - is harder to price like this, but still some reasonable price ought to be made I'd say.

But then this is just my idea for it. Feel free to use as you like :blink:

As to where I stand in this strike, I must say that I follow the lead of my guildmaster, MrMind, and if he tell us "we are in on this strike" then I'm in. Else I'm out.

But I can promise you as much as this: I am not going to make a profit from this strike, on the behalf of other players that are striking. I'll stick to my own prices, as always, made pretty much from the formula above.

Regards

Salun

When people are talking about raising the chance of EFE's, also try to keep in mind that everyone and there dog seems to have plate. Increasing EFE will increase the supply of plate and lower its price, not increase your profit.

what is the plan we have? why are we strikeing? what conditions do we want? what prices do we want and what can we do to get it?

we need to start discussing what the normal market prices for items are aswell as what the price that we want. we need to do this so we have a vision of what we actually want so we have a goal to work toward that is achievable. then we can work out a plan of what can be done. we also need to discuss what is a resonable future price is and work towards establishing this new price as the standard.

if we just say we want to strike it will get us nowhere but if we say why we are on strike and make a resonable argument on why we are going on strike, have a set of demands why we are going on strike and actually carry through with some action then we might actually make some changes.

You guys go in a strike,and i wil sell my tit armors for cheap =)

You guys go in a strike,and i wil sell my tit armors for cheap =)

168281[/snapback]

Sharon, you didnt got it. If they are on strike, you can sell your tit armors very EXPENSIVE. :rolleyes:

Leather pants -

7 Leathers - 7*10gc = 70gc (7*4.6gc = 46gc with cheap leather quest)

10 Threads - 10*1gc = 10gc

1 Needle - 1*1gc = 1gc

Total = 70+10+1 = 81gc (46+10+1 = 57gc with cheap leather quest)

Recomended selling price = 85-90gc

You calculated with the breaking of the needle, but you forgot the losses.

Piper

well, i thought the thread moved on from the strike idea to that of controlled prices.....

maybe ppl should read an entire thread before posting

Today I purchased 2 greaves from Lythe @ 7k each in order to get them off the market. Lythe had made both of these himself at manu skill level 17. He told me he had been successful on 3 out of 3 attempts at this level. I suggest that this is part of the manu problem. (not Lythe but rather the system)

In the alchemists union we discussed when it first started on buying up extra essences in the market, our conclusion was it couldn't be done, too much gold coin to try to buy up the extra essences from people who won't support, and unfortunately it would be far worse to try and buy up the excess manufacturing items. I think the the key is to try and to slow down the amount of efe in the market, as well as ewe, serpent stones. Also the alchemists union will bring this up in meeting on friday, if we should stop supplying bars to the market until your strike is over.

I do invite any manufacturers to come to the meeting. Friday the 10th, 7pm EDT/EST. It will be in MM marsh cave, in the semi-secret room. If you dont know it or can't arrange somehow to get to it then your out of luck. This is to prevent everyone from coming who doesn't even manufacture or newbs that just want to cause trouble.

Peace.