Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

The New Update

If the mods can see who made a bag, why can't everyone? I understand the need for the tracking, but I can now see #help_me I found a deathbag in Nordcarn, come and tell me who it belongs to please.

A command is already in place for the mods, couldn't the code just be altered to allow use by all players?

And on a slight sidenote, if I find a bag, the first thing I do is drop an item into it to stop it popping - would the bag ownership tag change at that point to me, or does it stay as the original creator? And what about the bags that spawn - what do the tags say about those?

I think it should be in the window title for bags in 1.0.2.

"Wytter's bag"

"Wytter's bag"

167057[/snapback]

Heh, will all the bags say that, or just the ones containing plate items? Thanks for the speedy reply bro :blink:

The command lists bags in the immediate area (or larger) - players don't need to know that.

As for bags you currently have open, as Wytter said, there will/may be a tag.

"Wytter's bag"

167057[/snapback]

yay

only two problems:

as labrat pointed out, the dropping of an item... is the original dropper or the last person to interact the 'owner'?

and people who expect to get a deathbag back... having their name on it will only encourage that idea

Currently the one who created the bag, owns it.

Having it in the title would give honest people a better opportunity of giving back death bags, and that's a good thing :blink: As for the "criminals", they can just proceed as always.

Edited by Wytter

As for the "criminals", they can just proceed as always.

167063[/snapback]

And probably get more satisfaction out of knowing whose bag it 'was' :blink:

I can just imagine it -

[randomplayer: I found <insert random scammer here>'s deathbag! Who wants a cheap serp?]

[lots of players: Me!!~1~!!111 lolroflmao]

[random scammer: <sniff>Well - well - er - yeah I am gonna put you on my bagjump list now]

[random rich player: I will buy it for 25k just because it is <random scammer>'s and PK him with his own sword]

[random newb: How do I PM <anyone>? I found his deathbag, I think he died]

Personally, I don't think that the information as to who's bag it is should be available to everyone. This risks even more claims of bag jumping, etc.

Bagjumping happens, fact of life.

Finding a bag, asking about it on a channel and getting kicked because a mod is having a bad day with topic abusers could happen too.

If you are going to keep a bag you will, no matter what the circumstances.

A lot of players out there are honest, decent and willing to return lost bags. Tagging a bag makes life a lot easier for those players with good intentions, and would not make a blind bit of difference to the type of player who steal deathbags they found, actually I believe in my somewhat rose-tinted view of the world that if a person who regularly steals deathbags finds one that belongs to an ingame friend, they may actually be encouraged to contact their friend and let them have the bag back.

I agree with LabRat here. I ALWAYS try to return death bags. EVEN if an ebul pker shows up and says hay thats my bag, I just hand it over. And for the random new players or scammers that may br readign this thread, a really really good way to make friends is to return death bags. When you lose 20k worth of equiptment because of lag and inability to restore you are very greatful to run back and find that your bag is safe and that some kind person has even refreshed it for you.

I am not saying you are intitled to your bag, but many people dont like to use "found" items, they would rather return those items and get their equiptment in a an honest way.

Also, if I find a bag with leather armor and s2e and 200 gc and some fruits I automatically think "OMG! some poor new player was killed and this is prolly his/her worldly possesions!!"

I try really hard to find them but many of them dont hang on any of the common channels. It would really help those players out.

I remember finding fruit in MM (after only playing for 1 week) and thinking "w000t!!, I am gonna be rich selling this to the tavren by Raven" What I did not know was that there are goblins in MM. I died over and over again tryign to retrieve my Tutorial armor :D That was a sad sad day!!

I am sure alot of players have experienced this when they were new. PL is a new player death trap now too though, so this bag tagging would really be usfull to us honest players :D

JaneMuffin