Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
warangel

Economy

should their be a total item reset.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. should their be a total item reset.

• yes their should
    • no i like my items and dont want whats best for the economy
    • you should die!!!!! lose items ure crazy

hello i think if every el player took the time to think they would realize that the el makers are changing things aournd to try to fix the economy.. i means serp stone 400 gold what is that? ... But the changes they make will nevey take effect or at least not for years down the road if they dont do a total item wipe. I know every1 is insanely rich at the moment but putting that aside you must realize it would really help put the new changes such as drop rates into cation. thanks for support.

Everyone is not insanely rich. Some are, but not everyone. Change your poll options next time.. #2 is very biased.

oh yay, way to write a terrible poll... make out that anyone who disagrees with you is selfish (option 2)... i'm against it because it disadvantages everyone, and it's a very drastic action... you want no items? make yourself a new char. let the rest of us play

oh yay, way to write a terrible poll... make out that anyone who disagrees with you is selfish (option 2)... i'm against it because it disadvantages everyone, and it's a very drastic action... you want no items? make yourself a new char. let the rest of us play

159916[/snapback]

okay what would making a new char do ey? just like the rest of us i would not be exactly happy to lose all of my items but a reset would be very good for the economy.And you shouldnt care which you pick if you dont like it pick one of the second ones no one will never know who you are

A total item wipe might do more bad than good. A lot of players would quit and you'd lose a good bit of your work force. You'd just be digging yourself a deeper grave.

Edited by Daxon

Also, while there is a good core of long term players there is also a lot of turnover. Meaning tweaks to the economy are likely to have an impact much more quickly then you are stating since a fair % of the player population is new at any given time and thus started out playing under the tweaked system.

An item reset happened before, but that was due to drastic changes.. Gold Coins gained about 100x their value, in some cases more, and most items' costs dropped drastically. But that probably won't happen again, as GC is worth much more now, already. What we need is for people to come up with solutions to the economy problem. Resetting all items whenever the economy starts to decline would only piss everybody off...

But if you do have any suggestions, we'd be glad to hear them. ^_^

I don't call for a Wipe until the game's ready for a a good, complete restart when the next evolution of the game is ready to be updated.

Otherwise, when the next major game update is ready, we're going to be back where we started from, just with all new problems.

So, I vote for 1 and a half. We Do need a restart and soon but not quite yet but at least at the next update (Meaning both for server and Client, not just these little "fixes" we've been getting for the pass few months)

Your bias is very evident. That will get you no real support in your poll. Please try next time to write an unbiased poll.

As for item reset, I will say the same thing I feel about the suggested PP reset: if it is to come at all, we are no where near ready to do it.

<_< So everyone is s`posed to lose everything they`ve worked months for to make it fair to the new players huh?? :) Er WHY?? Why should I give up everything I own just to make a new players life easier and fairer?? Did everyone give up all their items when I first started playing?? Erm no dont think so, and nor would I have ever expected them, nor would I have ever suggested such a ridiculous poll as you have. Warangel, weren`t you in another thread moaning you were being picked on because you`d scammed people?? As Dax said, not everyone is rich ingame, and even if they are, they`ve earned it because they`ve worked hard for it. How long have you been playing?? Couple of months maybe?? Play the game for over a year like a lot of us, then maybe you can understand just how stupid your idea really is. Every new player is poor, its down to them to work hard to gain items and experience, if they dont wanna do that......they can stay poor :P

Just for the record.......I picked the 3rd choice too B)

Edited by WiLdCaRd

I do not like that idea because it took me awhile to get some of the items i have and i would not like to just waste them like that. Yes, as daxon said it would probably end doing more bad than good because some people who aren't pkers can't get fancy armor as easily just by killing someone

Bad Idea :P

also you shouldn't of done your poll like that i don't respect how you did that :)